Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see your ever present positive outlook on life

Sorry Pete but I find it hard to be positive about signing a lad who can't get into Wycombe Wanderers', for gawd's sake, team cos his attitude and/or his performances are questionable. He wasn't even on Sheridan's radar up to his first choice targets falling through before the transfer deadline. It smacks of desperation though if he scores the winner tomorrow I'll revise my opinion. :)

Sorry Pete but I find it hard to be positive about signing a lad who can't get into Wycombe Wanderers', for gawd's sake, team cos his attitude and/or his performances are questionable. He wasn't even on Sheridan's radar up to his first choice targets falling through before the transfer deadline. It smacks of desperation though if he scores the winner tomorrow I'll revise my opinion. :)

have to agree, its a huge gamble on shez,s part, if he's banking on this geezer and Cassidy scoring often enough to keep us up. But we will wait and see who,s Mondays mystery man, somehow I doubt he will be another centre forward.

You didn't want to sign Henderson either as he'd been released by Scunthorpe. Interesting that he is now at Coventry fighting for promotion. Perhaps you could supply a list of clubs you would be happy with us signing players from. We can take your opinion as read on future signings then.

have to agree, its a huge gamble on shez,s part, if he's banking on this geezer and Cassidy scoring often enough to keep us up. But we will wait and see who,s Mondays mystery man, somehow I doubt he will be another centre forward.

Doesn't look he is banking on Cassidy judging by this signing.

And everything suggests the next signing will be a forward.

You didn't want to sign Henderson either as he'd been released by Scunthorpe. Interesting that he is now at Coventry fighting for promotion. Perhaps you could supply a list of clubs you would be happy with us signing players from. We can take your opinion as read on future signings then.

I'm not happy that we're signing players who can't get into a mid table League 2 team Wozzer. It's barrell scraping.

Hold my hands up about Henderson though.

I'm not happy that we're signing players who can't get into a mid table League 2 team Wozzer. It's barrell scraping.

Hold my hands up about Henderson though.

They are in the PO's at the moment and could well be playing a higher standard of football by August.

I'dve been happier if he was his 1st.

Well it seems first didn't want to come here.

....do we know he was his 3rd, or are we just speculating....?

Only bit I've seen mentioned about him being 3rd is on here, saw something about us missing out on a striker on deadline day though.

In his LP interview and here he says:

“I’d say I’m more of a target man, hold up player who likes to play people in and get them on the scoresheet as well."
Either he's repeating what JS has asked him to do or he actually is a hold up player. Lets hope it's the latter so that he can help Murphy/Cassidy/anyotherplayer to get some goals.

It's speculation but based on the fact that he wasn't either of the players mentioned by Sheridan before the deadline passed cos they both turned us down.

Shouldn't we be trying to sign players that might be at or a bit beyond our reach, even if it means we don't get them? It's stupid judging on whether we get 1st choice targets.

Novel idea here & I've mentioned it a few times previously but let's watch the lad a few times before judging him eh?

I'm sure there are just as many folk on the Wycombe messageboard who know :censored: all as there is on here so let's not give up on the lad just yet

Barrett, Marshall, Warhurst, Porter, Fleming, Stephens,Lee, Baxter, O'Grady,JCH, just a few who had never played first team football or where not playing regularly for their league 2 club. Technically nothing has changed in the way the club sign players its just social media has expanded so fans can be heard more having a moan.

Edited by palmer1