Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

Yes.

All of which means you'll get nothing back on your season ticket :grin:

Ok think I will be hedging my bets though and taking up the offer. It does appear to be a risk worth taking from my a personal point of view, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called the ticket office .. bloke in there said there will be no early bird offer as usual .. but the price will be set at for example £350 and then minus any 'win' games ... so my understanding is .. If they were to lose them all .. you've coughed up for nowt .. and any renewals won't even get an 'early bird' bonus either ... if someone else can get a better answer from them I'm all ears

£350 was the early bird price.

That's not how he explained it to me .. he definitely said there was NO early bird price! .. my concern being that if they lost all of the games it could cost season ticket holders money!

"We will offer a price match guarantee in the event of a supporter having paid a higher price than the full price Season Tickets."

"Season Ticket prices are frozen, meaning they are the same price as the 2015/16 season."

What were the non-early bird prices last season?

Great offer for anyone who has the cash to pay for a ST in the next few days, which won't be many I wouldn't have thought. I would have slight concerns about ever seeing that £200, if we did win the four games though.

I think it's impossible to say how many have got the money

It's just after pay day for many, credit cards are available (extra 2% is about £7 but you're protected if worse case scenario and admin happened), etc etc

Like most commercial offers it makes great sense if you've got the money - and this is a commercial deal that's good for those . Of course it's a gamble about the number of wins but all Latics is about lack of certainty !

I'm pleased with it

So, how do we hedge this?

We're 2.5 to beat Swindon on Betfair currently......

Can someone work it out. I'm too busy.....

Reckon if you lay us at around the £15 mark you'll save around £60 on whatever the 'full' price is.

So, how do we hedge this?

We're 2.5 to beat Swindon on Betfair currently......

Can someone work it out. I'm too busy.....

Lay Latics at 2.88 (Betfair) for £17.50.

If Latics win you get your £50 cashback less £32.90 losing bet = £17.10 profit

If Latics lose or draw you win £17.50

I think it's impossible to say how many have got the money

It's just after pay day for many, credit cards are available (extra 2% is about £7 but you're protected if worse case scenario and admin happened), etc etc

Like most commercial offers it makes great sense if you've got the money - and this is a commercial deal that's good for those . Of course it's a gamble about the number of wins but all Latics is about lack of certainty !

I'm pleased with it

They don't accept credit cards at the ticket office for season tickets.

If the official site uses a third party supplier it most likely breaks the chain of purchase and means that section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection doesn't apply.

That's not how he explained it to me .. he definitely said there was NO early bird price! .. my concern being that if they lost all of the games it could cost season ticket holders money!

The price will be matched should ST's be reduced in price once this offer is completed.

So if for example you pay £350 and we don't win... then they do a special offer of £300 for an ST those who've bought on this deal will get £50 cash back.

"We will offer a price match guarantee in the event of a supporter having paid a higher price than the full price Season Tickets."

"Season Ticket prices are frozen, meaning they are the same price as the 2015/16 season."

What were the non-early bird prices last season?

I don't know .. maybe £350? That said their guarantee means nothing if the season ticket holders aren't getting the benefit of a discount for coughing up early! .. we're still paying more than last year so they're hardly frozen are they?

Brilliant idea and a no brainer! I've been very critical of the board in the past but for me this just works. This forum makes me laugh though, there's a thread asking them to do an offer in March to take advantage of the feel good factor.....the club launch an offer covering March and still it's not good enough in many people's eyes!

There are ways round getting the cash that even if you take the cash off a credit card you still end up saving money.....just takes a little effort which may be the crux of the problem!

I'm down there latter this week to get 2 ST's and I'll pledge £25 for each victory in the games covered by the promotion to playershare......EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

:censored:ing stupid idea,

Not many have budgeted for it

It will put added pressure on the team

But more than anything we must be :censored:ing pot less again, with no opportunity for a quick fire player sale we have taken the chance on a quick fire season ticket sale - clueless.

Ticket offers are only good when they suit....funny that!

pressure on the team!!!!!? Im amazed how quickly you jump from underthinking to overthinking.

Lucky for me its the first time in months and months I have spare cash, what a good do! :)

Might save £50 - I doubt it wil affect anybody that much in the long run

I don't know .. maybe £350? That said their guarantee means nothing if the season ticket holders aren't getting the benefit of a discount for coughing up early! .. we're still paying more than last year so they're hardly frozen are they?

£350 this season early bird.

£350 for next season before rebate.

What's the problem?

They don't accept credit cards at the ticket office for season tickets.

If the official site uses a third party supplier it most likely breaks the chain of purchase and means that section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection doesn't apply.

The OS says

"

Credit card payments will be subject to a 2% facility fee. "

Your second point may not apply if the club are now taking c cards - either way it is an option for folk who can't find the money in another way

The OS says

"

Credit card payments will be subject to a 2% facility fee. "

Your second point may not apply if the club are now taking c cards - either way it is an option for folk who can't find the money in another way

Available this year, not available last year.

No brainer for me.

£350 this season early bird.

£350 for next season before rebate.

What's the problem?

That's fair enough. .. but like I said I was only posting the information given to me by the bloke in the ticket office who said there would be NO discount! Which would make it more than £350 ..

If it's definitely £350 I'm more than happy with it and the moment ERNIE has chosen this months winners I'll be dipping into said slush fund to take the gamble!

Edited by thetramdriver

It is a good offer, the only draw back is the timing with the first game of the offer only a few days away.

Might be worth backing up placing bets on the opposition to win or draw though considering a Latics win is worth £50.

Edited by RobOAFC