Replacement for Porter

Guest oa_exile
to be honest I haven't a clue who they are after .... for once eveyone his staying quiet!!!

:mmm: The OS has been dead today , Oi ! wake up Stu :sleeping:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Well it ain't Peter Thorne gone to the wilderness called Bradford.

Ahem ,It's a pity i would have liked him at BP

Bradford sign veteran strike pair

Bradford have signed experienced strikers Peter Thorne and Barry Conlon on one-year contracts.

Thorne, 34, was released by Norwich at the end of last season, after scoring two goals in 42 appearances in his two seasons at Carrow Road.

Meanwhile, 28-year-old Conlon left Mansfield after spending the second half of last season at Field Mill.

He scored 12 goals last season in 36 League Two appearances for Mansfield and Darlington.

Conlon has made 317 league appearances for Manchester City, Plymouth, Southend, York, Colchester, Darlington (two spells), Barnsley, Rotherham and Mansfield.

Thorne began his career at Blackburn and has also played for Wigan, Swindon, Stoke and Cardiff.

His overall record is 139 goals in 408 league appearances.

I bet if you were 28-Year old Barry Conlon you would be well chuffed as being described as a veteran!!!

Hmmmm.... pity, Thorne would not have been about his goals, but about how he led the line....

Oh well.... but have to say now, I would be stunned if we didnt see Leon Clarke in some capacity next season...

(and not in the friendly with the wendies before someone says it - or in the cup!)

Another good shout - LLoyd Owusu..??? On a free and a proven goalscorer, injury worries yes, but worth a punt... in the Constantine/Byfield bracket in my book...

surely we should eb able to tempt him if yeovil is number 1 on the want him list....??

See terrible forbes has not signed a contract?? whadaya reckon too... worth a look??? fellas??? anyone??? :wink:

Hubertz - a total monster of a player. Or Leon.

He'll be there for them.

He was a good player for them last season.

I know but is he good enough for the Prem? Fair play if he stays and makes a fist of it. It would be good to see him roughing up some of the Primadonna League defenders.

Would love to see him at Boundary Park - he is someone I've always rated. Guess he would not drop lower than The Championship though were he to be released.

I know but is he good enough for the Prem? Fair play if he stays and makes a fist of it. It would be good to see him roughing up some of the Primadonna League defenders.

Would love to see him at Boundary Park - he is someone I've always rated. Guess he would not drop lower than The Championship though were he to be released.

Mate, we have no chance.... he deserves his shot at the prem, he was quality last season.... 20ish goals means he is out of our league... and never gonna be released!

They have already signed earnshaw to do the typical little and large strikeforce.... will be very similar to the Horse in the premiership, crass, but effective...

have I mentioned the Horse as a possible replacement??? No-one seems to be taking me seriously.... :angry:

Gotta say Tommy I would be well happy with Clarke whether signed or season long loan, then hopefully Kilkenny if Wellens goes and Williams at fullback and we are all laughing again!!!! :grin:

I completely agree. I know people have expressed other opinions but I would actually be chuffed if we did sign Clarke

I completely agree. I know people have expressed other opinions but I would actually be chuffed if we did sign Clarke

I'd be on the fence about it personally, he didn't do as well on loan as I would of liked him to, but I do feel he has bags of potential and could be a handful at our level

what about robbie fowler on a pay as you play deal say a couple a grand aweek,he does'nt need the money,and he's said nobody's made contact with him yet.