• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled off three decent saves again today. Same in midweek.

After being absolutely woeful for months he's starting to look decent.

Don't think his shot stopping has ever been in question to be fair, it was everything else, hats off to him though, he's done well, albeit with a miles better defence ahead of him, Gerrard has massively helped not only coleman but dieng and james wilson, they're all good players but i feel none of them have leadership qualities, with Gerrard organising (and a lot of the time bollocking) all around him the players who were then low on confidence have started to become the players we know they can be.

Gona be a top keeper. So many Latics 'fans' saying he is ':censored:' is a good barometer for how far he will go in the game. If Corney leaves within two years we will get decent money for him, if not we will get £50k and a sell on fee. Which we will sell.

Had a good game yesterday - though one fine save came about after he'd thrown the ball to one of the Fleetwood players !

You mean after Holmes-Dennis stood like a statue waiting for the ball to come to him with an onrushing attacker?

I still struggle to understand any Oldham fan who picks out Colemans minor mistakes, rather than commend him on his recent excellent performances. Watch the football league show and youll see the majority of the goals have some sort of goalkeeping error in League 1 and below. Coleman has been brilliant in recent weeks, and we would have been dead and buried again if he wasnt in fine form on Saturday. If he leaves, it shouldnt be for a small fee, as I think he will go on to play at a higher level than this for years to come.

Heard a rumour Coleman gone in the summer for a large sum. Maybe the reason for the ST deals,getting some of the money in now.

Where did you here this rumour from? someone inside the club, friend of the family? friend of his agent? which club? define large sum?

We need a thread where we can deposit all the rumours like this for easy access at a later date, it will be fun to sort out the bobby bull:censored:ters from the people worth listening too.

Have to say I'm well impressed with Coleman. Keeping the team in games, never mind just recording clean sheets without a save to make (see: Rachubka). If this is the form we are to expect of him, we've got one hell of a prospect.

As quite a few have been saying since end of last season

Where did you here this rumour from? someone inside the club, friend of the family? friend of his agent? which club? define large sum?

We need a thread where we can deposit all the rumours like this for easy access at a later date, it will be fun to sort out the bobby bull:censored:ters from the people worth listening too.

Also, he's out of contract in the summer. If he goes it'll be for a nominal fee based on him being under 24.

Think the owning the six yard box comes with age and maturity, he has improved over the past few months whether that's coaching or confidence who knows, a point I'd like to make though is every keeper will make mistakes and invariably they will be punished it happens but I personally feel Coleman has kept us in more games than he has lost us, especially in this run in, there's still plenty to work on but I think he has shown some real promise in the past couple of months since Shez backed him and long may it continue.

Twice recently I have found myself agreeing with 73.

Coleman is more confident and hence competent than a few months ago. It's probably not one reason but a mix of Sheridan, decent coaching bearing fruit , improved defending in front of him , and his own hard work

Still a work in progress but a credit to all involved

Coleman shouldn't have been thrown in the deep end like he was and that was the previous management's fault. But Shez did right to shelve Cornell and stick with the better keeper.

This season will be invaluable for Coleman's experience at such a young age and I have no problem with him being here next season, as first choice, but hopefully Shez can bring in a veteran as back up and to tutor and relieve some pressure off Coleman's shoulders.