Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Wembley yesterday on behalf of my employers entertainung clients. Centre page of the programme had a picture of Mark Hughes' 1994 equaliser in it and the realisation that a 1990 final rematch could well mean Mark Robins' goal gets some airtime too were frustrating.

I was cheered however to bump into Iain Dowie who was there as a speaker on behalf of Palace, so I introduced myself and we had a bit of a chat. Top bloke. He too raised the Sheridan to Bolton rumour, after lavishing praise on him for his achievement since his return. When I asked him if he thought it likely, his answer was interesting, "I think there was a chance, but I wouldn't have thought so now". Without being able to quiz him more, I took it to mean, had we gone down and/or had his return gone sour for other reasons. Let's hope so eh.

Hopefully Shez is no Lee Johnson.

Brown has under achieved, but like Shez with us has a it of an affinity with them.

None of that has any logic. Even if we were to accept that a man applying for another job was wrong, Johnson only did what Shez did to Newport & affinity didn't help ex-Bolton footballer Shez when we sacked him first time round.

I found it interesting that it was Super John who first mentioned the link on the radio the other week. I seem to recall the two of them being good friends and they joined us around the same time...

He's mentioned how he'd love Shez at Bolton quite a few times on radio manc. (One of the times Wagg basically said yeah good luck with that one)

They also asked him if he'd be interested in helping Holdsworth and their new board out and he said he would but hadn't been approached, and went on to question their intentions.

I wonder if this is where the rumour comes from?

None of that has any logic. Even if we were to accept that a man applying for another job was wrong, Johnson only did what Shez did to Newport & affinity didn't help ex-Bolton footballer Shez when we sacked him first time round.

Who said logic had anything to do with it.

Simple facts, if that's the way you want to view it

Shez has been here 5 minutes, has not actually achieved anything.

He has got no managerial record comparable to what Bolton will want.

Of course, I credit you to understand why the loyalty expectation is reasonable so not going to bother explaining.

He has got no managerial record comparable to what Bolton will want.

Of course, I credit you to understand why the loyalty expectation is reasonable so not going to bother explaining.

He had a managerial championship & cup win as well as getting two other teams into the playoffs.

You'll need to explain the loyalty angle without trying to ignore the fact that we've previously sacked him.

I'm not sure Shez would actually want to go there at the moment.

Sounds like, despite the takeover, everything in the garden is still not rosy.

The fans will expect promotion but the new manager will have a relatively small budget for next season because of all the money they are still shelling out on players on good contracts from their more successful days.

Sounds like there are also still financial problems to sort. Houldsworth's current backers are city money men who are in it for a return on their investment, not the love of the club. Apparently he needs to find new investors fairly quickly.

It is being suggested that they can't afford Phil Brown because he has 2 years left on his Southend contract that they'd need to buy out - same as Sheridan here.

There's also a story that Houldsworth wants to control transfer policy himself and is looking for more of a head coach than a manager. Not sure Shez would like that.