Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours on Twitter that he's been interviewed, but he was saying after Saturday that he wants to prepare a team here that's pushing the top end of the table.

Really hope he doesn't go, and surely he knows he's got a job here for as long as he wants it. (If that's not the case, then it really should be.) But I wouldn't begrudge him a move if he took it. They're in serious trouble, but they're still a bigger club and the new owners will want to get back to the Championship ASAP.

I would be extremely disillusioned if he does go. He really is the best man for the job at the moment and although the board deserve credit for bringing him in, it was clearly a desperate move that couldn't have worked out any better. So I wouldn't trust them to bring someone in who's anywhere near Shez's level.

The fact this comes literally the next working day since we survived suggests something has been in the pipeline for me.

If Shez jumps ship first opportunity then faith in any manager resisting another offer will be gone for me. :censored: if he leaves.

I was at Wembley yesterday on behalf of my employers entertainung clients. Centre page of the programme had a picture of Mark Hughes' 1994 equaliser in it and the realisation that a 1990 final rematch could well mean Mark Robins' goal gets some airtime too were frustrating.

I was cheered however to bump into Iain Dowie who was there as a speaker on behalf of Palace, so I introduced myself and we had a bit of a chat. Top bloke. He too raised the Sheridan to Bolton rumour, after lavishing praise on him for his achievement since his return. When I asked him if he thought it likely, his answer was interesting, "I think there was a chance, but I wouldn't have thought so now". Without being able to quiz him more, I took it to mean, had we gone down and/or had his return gone sour for other reasons. Let's hope so eh.

I wonder if Ian is pushing this 'cos he wants to come back? They love us so much!

Seriously, he'd have a huge job on his hands, but you can see it as his biggest challenge. Would be a huge kick in the bollocks, but not Johnsonesque given what he's done for us.

Let's hope it's smoke and mirrors. Brown would be better suited. He's done well at Southend and clearly isn' the clown others would have us believe.

The more people talk about it, the lower the odds will get.

It is worth knowing that both Phil Brown (11/8) and Chris Wilder (13/8) are shorter odds and that Kevin Nolan (9/2) was also shorter than Shez until twitter exploded.

If Shez goes it'll be a crying shame Nolan has already done a Dunn at Orient...

He'd have been nailed on straight from West Ham you'd imagine...

If Shez goes it'll be a crying shame Nolan has already done a Dunn at Orient...

He'd have been nailed on straight from West Ham you'd imagine...

...I hope it doesn't come to this.... but I was just musing about what Redfearn's escapades at Rovrum mean for his employment opportunities.....