Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

This is a rumour I've just heard from Bolton supporting mate who onows people in the know at Bolton. Don't shoot the messenger I'm just putting it out their.

Holdsworths first choice is Brown however Brown's buyout clause at Southend is substabtially bigger than the one for Sheridan hence why Sheridan is favoured by Ken Anderson Bolton's new backer.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's already been interviewed (as I've seen in a couple of places), wouldn't that indicate that he's more than interested in the job? Also, no matter how their finances have been/ still are, he'd still get a better deal from them. With Brown not in the running due to compensation, I can't see it not being Shez at the moment.

Bolton supporting mate reckons Andy Townsend (their new football consultant) favours Shez but Holdsworth prefers Brown.

Reckons the compensation due for Brown is much higher though.

Brown clearly wants the job, it almost seems like he's trying to engineer his own sacking with some of the quotes he came out with at weekend. Let's hope they manage to agree a compromise with Southend and go for him.

Couldn't blame Shez in the slightest. He'd also not burn any bridges here, and know that he could likely walk into the job should he choose, next time Simon and Barry :censored: up an appointment, leaving us in the :censored:. Again.

Corney has got to make up the shortfall on next seasons budget somehow, but at least some of our fans are only paying nine quid a game to watch us next season, every cloud....

....how about fans say to the club, you can keep the money if you keep Shez.....?

Wow some :censored:e on thread..... and how the f. would he know about compo.If Brown wants it Southend can do nothing in this modern World just like Newport. Quite why Shez would now want to go to a club who could easily do a Blackpool is beyond reason. Shez isnt stupid and latics affinity. Sheff Wednesday yes ok.... but not bloody Bolton.

Townsend as a consultant no wonder in trouble agree with Lags its stupidity of highest order unless Corney says he wants Dazzler back.

Just reporting what I was told. He doesn't claim to be well connected at the club so he's probably read it on their forum.

It's not the same situation as Newport at all. Shez had a month to month rolling contract so very little compensation was due.

Both Brown and Shez have 2 years left on their contracts. I think it likely that Brown is paid more than Shez so it's quite logical that the compensation would be higher.

FFS. NOOOOOOOOO

I'd be less than impress if he left 3 months into a 3 year contract (he does have a 3 year contract doesn't he? - please tell me we gave him a 3 year contract).

Edited by kowenicki

Will you stop looking at things logically?

That would be tricky but I can debate 'for and against' on almost anything. So here goes:

Shez was brought in on a lengthy contract to pull us out of a dire mess. If that, not unsurprisingly, failed he would be the right man to get us back up. Shez was also rolled out in favour of the season ticket initiative while progress was being made on our results. Two or three home wins in the deal should have easily been identified as a prerequisite to survival. It has been proven since that survival was the intension.

Personally, I would be shocked and dismayed if the cost or a good part of the ST deal has not been identified or underwritten in some way. Surly the playing budget for next season would have been ring-fenced.

There has been too much put into the last 4 months for such a monumental cockup.

I would also be dismayed if Sheridan fancied the Bolton job.