Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could all be put to bed if Shez just comes out and says he's not interested. I hope one of our local journos goes out and asks him the question

Absolutley! after this eason Shez needs to asked directly about his situation but more importantly after 3 manager in a season and a constant threat of relegation Simon Corney and the club need to make a statement and tell everyone that our under contract manger is not going anywhere and doesnt have our permission to speak to other clubs

If they dont say a thing then you pretty much guarentee he is going if he gets the call

This could all be put to bed if Shez just comes out and says he's not interested. I hope one of our local journos goes out and asks him the question

This. Just ask him someone. I want to hear an unequivocal "not interested". Any tapdancing around a proper answer will really piss me off.

Surely this time Corney has got to see the value in giving Shez a payrise as opposed to the false economy of taking the compensation (£120k-ish?? - 2 x £60k a year?)...

I think the only reason Shez would go would be for a significant payrise. (which is fair enough, I would).

Bolton make us look well run & stable though and never has a big club coming down to this league looked more nailed on to be the next Sheff Utd and linger here for years. Or worse still the next Blackpool...

SC must have been looking forward to a quiet summer for once. Most of Shez's targets already discussed & targeted I'd imagine. Same for new deals for current players.

I'd imagine he really can't be arsed interviewing for a new manager again - although it baffles me that he doesn't just have a list of potential future managers (depending on availability) from all his years of recruiting them and generally talking to people in the game..

And that new manager will be less likely to keep certain players here, less likely to sign Main/Holloway/Gerrard/Palmer etc...

There'll be the cost of a new manager plus significantly more cost in signing new players, not to mention the loss of continuity and momentum...

If Shez is on £60k a year give him £80k. Or £90k...

That extra money would rapidly be swallowed up anyway in signing on fees for new players he's be less confident about than Shez signings...

That said, Shez holds all the cards....

Johnson was always going to move on and that was, no doubt, agreed from the off but we need to fight to keep Shez as he could stay here for years potentially...

Or does the bvery fact this thread exists prove that will never be the case with any manager anymore?

Edited by HarryBosch

Why would he respond to rumours? If a local journo asked him, he would be well within his rights to tell him to eff off, obviously not in those words.

Why would he respond to rumours? If a local journo asked him, he would be well within his rights to tell him to eff off, obviously not in those words.

or he could just say "just rumours, Im going nowhere"

Why wouldnt he respond?

Bolton make us look well run & stable though and never has a big club coming down to this league looked more nailed on to be the next Sheff Utd and linger here for years. Or worse still the next Blackpool...

I want odds on a Villa, Bolton relegation double.

Edited by blueatheart

or he could just say "just rumours, Im going nowhere"

Why wouldnt he respond?

...he could say, "Just because 3 girls are looking at me on a night out, doesn't mean I'm going to take up their advances, especially as I've been happily married for 10 years....."

Gordon: " Are you looking to join Bolton as their new manager?"

Shez; "I have told you before, stop asking stupid questions".

...he could say, "Just because 3 girls are looking at me on a night out, doesn't mean I'm going to take up their advances, especially as I've been happily married for 10 years....."

Yeeees.

or

He could just answer in a non smart arse kind of way. It is a live issue, rumour or not, so its a legitimate question that as fans we deserve an answer to.

He could just say "I have a job to do here at Oldham and I'm not interested in speaking to Bolton about their vacant position should I even be asked." Then we only have to be worried about Mr. Corney pushing him out to collect the compensation!

That is a significant worry.

I honestly think I'd knock football on the head if Shez went...

I was very close to not renewing last pre-season and there was absolutely no way I was renewing before Shez came back. The whole lift he's given the club in such a short space of time is phenomenal...

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

He could just say "I have a job to do here at Oldham and I'm not interested in speaking to Bolton about their vacant position should I even be asked." Then we only have to be worried about Mr. Corney pushing him out to collect the compensation!

Why would he not be interested? Could be his last chance at getting a big job.

Times like this when we need the trust to put fans opinions across to corney etc. I have already seen loads of post on Twitter saying ST will be returned if shez leaves. Just as the feel good factor returns could be gone as quick. Stop selling our sole corney!!

Times like this when we need the trust to put fans opinions across to corney etc. I have already seen loads of post on Twitter saying ST will be returned if shez leaves. Just as the feel good factor returns could be gone as quick. Stop selling our sole corney!!

See club website ref statement!

Times like this when we need the trust to put fans opinions across to corney etc. I have already seen loads of post on Twitter saying ST will be returned if shez leaves. Just as the feel good factor returns could be gone as quick. Stop selling our sole corney!

Surely we should at least try to keep our fish?

Dover?

Good to see a positive statement on the club's position. That should be the end of the matter.