Pre season protest

It wouldn't work at our Club, to many fans still up Corneys arse

Silly Boy.

Not #CorneyOut, because there will be a vacuum and we'd fly past Stockort. But if the right person comes along, I'll be whoevert hey are In

Just not ABC.

Edited by singe

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A protest, a boycott. For what end?

There are a 'few' people on here mistakenly think 50 disgruntled fans and four banners will attract a substantial investment or introduction of capital into Oldham Athletic football club. You are of course quite delusional.

A manager who just recued us from almost certain relegation and also loved the club has left. There has been enough evidence in the last couple of months to suggest the club is in trouble

Maybe a march down Sheepfoot Lane by 1200 season ticket holders demanding to give their Brucie Bonus back would be more constructive. Now I'm being delusional.

£24 pay on the day, now this shez :censored: will finished folk off, no need for a protest SC and the board have well and truly bent us over this time!! Was out last night speaking to ones who pay on the day and one of them had one of the boxes last year who said he wouldn't be renewing it again,the board have killed what little hope we had of getting out of this god forsaken league!!

£24 pay on the day, now this shez :censored: will finished folk off, no need for a protest SC and the board have well and truly bent us over this time!! Was out last night speaking to ones who pay on the day and one of them had one of the boxes last year who said he wouldn't be renewing it again,the board have killed what little hope we had of getting out of this god forsaken league!!

I'd say we are in the best position we've ever been to get out of this godforsaken league.... Just not in the direction we would like

Fans don't have enough info to protest.

We know we're :censored:e, we know we've not got enough investment from Corney, but we don't know exactly why. As long as he comes out with the line that he's trying to sell the club there's nothing we can do, unless we find that to be false.

Genuine disillusionment and frustration is followed by reducing crowds. That is what will happen.

You need anger for a protest. It's difficult to be angry at Corney if it's true he's trying to sell up. Somebody needs to produce evidence of genuine wrong-doing or lies.

The board have got look at this situation in 3 ways.

1) Go for experienced manager, if they don't give him money for players, at least give him money for coaching to get the best out of the current players.

2) Go for the inexperienced cheap manager option, but give him money to buy good players to compensate for his inexperience.

3) Seriously step up the advertising for investment or buyer for the club, saying it on the radio and a poxy youtube video, won't cut it. Advertise in the broad sheets and business papers. Go to business conventions.

The board have got look at this situation in 3 ways.

1) Go for experienced manager, if they don't give him money for players, at least give him money for coaching to get the best out of the current players.

2) Go for the inexperienced cheap manager option, but give him money to buy good players to compensate for his inexperience.

3) Seriously step up the advertising for investment or buyer for the club, saying it on the radio and a poxy youtube video, won't cut it. Advertise in the broad sheets and business papers. Go to business conventions.

We don't have anything to make us remotely attractive to buyers.

:censored: location, poor fanbase, worthless playing squad, no youth system to speak of.

We don't have anything to make us remotely attractive to buyers.

:censored: location, poor fanbase, worthless playing squad, no youth system to speak of.

Then they need to make the necessary investments or changes to make us attractive if they want to sell the club.

Any protest is just counter-productive now, as frustrating and disappointing as these last few days (and even the last year and a half) have been, we need to rally round and get behind the new manager and the team...

I understand your point. Although would that not be a case of doing what we always have, resulting in the inevitable same outcome?

Its as clear as day that the playing side of the land is now a distant 2nd best in terms of investment. The other two are still pulling the strings weather you agree or not its happening. Yes I know they are not directors of the club anymore but their friend is, and they are directors of brassbank and oee. We was told the Sports Direct deal and new stand would give us a budget to challenge at the top end of the table this has yet to happen. The new stand has been doing fuctions for months now sports direct 2 season and the budget has been slashed and slashed and slashed. The clubs only ambition is to stay in league one thats as far as it goes. Look where the clayton arms used to be housing now owned by brassbank what about the car park owned by brassbank the hospital building etc? We get practically :censored: all from the new stand its all going to them 3 whilst the playing side is there to appease the fans.

I appreciate some of you back the board still and weather I agree with you or not I respect your entitled to your opinion. The protest group grew in huge numbers yesterday as I mentioned in another thread literally it grew 500% from just over 100 members to now over 600. The tide is turning.

I understand your point. Although would that not be a case of doing what we always have, resulting in the inevitable same outcome?

Its as clear as day that the playing side of the land is now a distant 2nd best in terms of investment. The other two are still pulling the strings weather you agree or not its happening. Yes I know they are not directors of the club anymore but their friend is, and they are directors of brassbank and oee. We was told the Sports Direct deal and new stand would give us a budget to challenge at the top end of the table this has yet to happen. The new stand has been doing fuctions for months now sports direct 2 season and the budget has been slashed and slashed and slashed. The clubs only ambition is to stay in league one thats as far as it goes. Look where the clayton arms used to be housing now owned by brassbank what about the car park owned by brassbank the hospital building etc? We get practically :censored: all from the new stand its all going to them 3 whilst the playing side is there to appease the fans.

I appreciate some of you back the board still and weather I agree with you or not I respect your entitled to your opinion. The protest group grew in huge numbers yesterday as I mentioned in another thread literally it grew 500% from just over 100 members to now over 600. The tide is turning.

I'm not saying you're wrong but do we know for sure that the playing budget has been slashed and slashed?

Also, what is the goal of the protest? Genuine question, not being funny!

What exactly does that mean? Your lordship.

By the looks of things it's going to be 30 school kids with nothing better to do on their half terms, being watched over by 5 or 6 adults with a banner. On a Tuesday afternoon.

If I thought for a second anyone would take notice apart from the annoyed residents of Furtherwood Rd, I'd be with you fella.