More on Porter Switch

Guest oa exile

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what happens with Porter I personally think that TTA will not let his agent come anywhere near BP again.

Get feeling Simon C has had enough of him and cant see us going for any players represented by him again.

Just to give a slight hindsight into the injuries that effected Ports

All the knee problems that Ports had were related to a specific problem that now Sir Lee Nobes of Oldhamshire has identified and started to treat.

Chris has a mis-alignment of the pelvic girdle and hip meaning that one leg was slightly longer than the other. This caused a over compensation to one leg enduring the knee joint to Osgood Schlatter and other weaknesses.

Sir Lee helped identify this condition and started to make Chris a better and fitter player. So what as Chris done ??

He's gone north on the Flying Scotsman !

Thanks Chris !

Enjoy the cold days and nights with a weak knee joint .... now were is that evil laugh ?? :grin:

Sir Lee helped identify this condition and started to make Chris a better and fitter player. So what as Chris done ??

Did this happen after the contract talks, when he went a bit downhill?

Seems to be the only footballer who I can recall who is better with one leg than two!

Osgood Schlatter is quite common in young sportsmen, a lot of whom will never have it diagnosed. I had the good fortune to have it spotted at the age of 13. It manifests itself as the lower knee dislocating itself, causing immense pain. The remedy for me was no sport for 4 months, the only effective way of ensuring this was having my leg in plaster for 3 months. Look at the top of the lower legbone, it will protrude from the knee joint and be extremely sensitive.

That seems just about spot on then! So was it the fact he was now playing with two legs that made him worse or could it be the agent piling on the pressure <_<

Good Point

But IMO - Ports was ten times the player last season than the season before after he "beefed up" I think he will do well in Scotland but he will be looking for a move south in Jan... Motherwell know this and they are happy to make money out of it and so is his self abusing in a carnal matter way of an agent who's mouth is dirty with verbal bacteria that should be reduced to stop anybody feeling ill !!!!

Non liable comments of said agent, all can be proved with 24 hr big brother cameras :grin:

I don't like football agents, anyone tell ?? :wink:

"Chris has a mis-alignment of the pelvic girdle and hip meaning that one leg was slightly longer than the other. This caused a over compensation to one leg enduring the knee joint to Osgood Schlatter and other weaknesses. "

so,his agent knows a bit about his injury too...

"what i'll do chris my ol'money bag,is get YOU a fat chungin' signing on fee...then put all in the same pocket as your longer leg and you can walk a bit easier!

Porter has been unable to train and only able to play with the help of injections. This normaly happens to players in the twilight of their career, but for someone so young it means that if he continues to mask the pain with injections, he'll end up as a cripple. He needs to have the operation and be out of the game for six months.

So if he passes the medical and goes to Motherwell, is he going to negotiate a deal where he doesn't train and spends weekdays in Oldham receiving private treatment from Lee Nobes? Then he just pops up to Scotland for injections before matches. The 'Well fans will soon get on the back of the Sassenach who receives such special treatment.

If he fails the medical and stays at BP, TTA need to tie him down to a contract which requires him to have the operation as soon as possible, and then after six months when he's recovered fully, he gets paid on on basis of how many games he plays.

"Chris has a mis-alignment of the pelvic girdle and hip meaning that one leg was slightly longer than the other. This caused a over compensation to one leg enduring the knee joint to Osgood Schlatter and other weaknesses. "

so,his agent knows a bit about his injury too...

"what i'll do chris my ol'money bag,is get YOU a fat chungin' signing on fee...then put all in the same pocket as your longer leg and you can walk a bit easier!

glad to see we are reserved on this board!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont want to put a "spanner in the works" but Porters injury problems we have been told are no more :blink:

His "problem" has been rectified with an insert into his boot :unsure:

How many times did I say this!? No one listened when I posted it... about 4 times too!

Like footy, I had a similar, if not the same problem. And I wasn't as lucky as him... I've now got 2 metal pins in my right foot!!

Also, trust me when I say surgery is not always the best option... I had two pins taken out and two more put in becuase the first time it failed to work in the slightest! And I had it done by the guy who treats Latics players up at Highfield in Rochdale, so there is no betting Porter would come out 100% fit.

In context, it took me over a year to get back to playing at all, and even now I find it painful the day after! So for a pro that is a HELL of a LONG TIME!

:(

Just read the post again... and realised that the injury they quote he suffers from is "ilio tibial band friction syndrome"...

Hope everyone know the more common name for this?..... "Runners Knee" .... Hardly a career ending injury - I have had it on and off for years... its bloody painful, and caused by a pro-nating running style (or putting too much pressure on one side of ya foot!) .... causes the knee ligaments to be inflamed...

Bloomin painful.... but if this is all it is a shoe insert or knee support can sort it out..... any 2 -bit physio shoudl be able to cure it... sorry, but this is no where near anything that would cause him to fail a medical.... and the club just using poncey language for a simple problem - its the same injury as tennis elbow!!! Couldnt see anyone failing a medical for "Tennis Elbow!!!!"

However... what suprises me is that you actually have to do some running to get this injury! :o

If he fails the medical and stays at BP, TTA need to tie him down to a contract which requires him to have the operation as soon as possible, and then after six months when he's recovered fully, he gets paid on on basis of how many games he plays.

His contract has now expired and porter is no longer an employee of oldham athletic.So if he does fail a medical at the well,he would be on the dole :grin:

I want Porter to stay. If tomorrow he offered to sign I'd accept that 100%. Even though we've been through the mill a little!

But I agree with Steve. It really is pathetic to talk like that. We know Porter is interested in staying in the north west, we know his agent is a complete :censored: but that does not mean we should behave like this.

Football is a mans game, as they say, and we should take this like a man. Am I happy he's leaving? No! Am I happy we'll get nothing for him? Even more no!! But do I accept it as a fact of life that you can't always have your own way? Yes!

To say Porter should be 'loyal' to Oldham is complete crap! We didn't all come on to boards and moan when we brought him in that he'd been disloyal to Bury did we!? We've not moaned that Kalala has turned down a contract at Yeovil and been disloyal to them by signing for us have we!? NO!

People who say Porter should be loyal are looking at it from their point of view... that if THEY were playing for Latics they would be loyal. But if one of us were playing for Huddersfield or Doncaster or whoever and someone offered to tripple our pay, give us £200k up front and the chance to shine in front of the old firm who wouldn't take it?

People say this is a sideways step for Porter... could agree that 'well are certainly not a club bigger than us... but look at Killen (who's had worse injury problems than Porter) and the fact that after a year up there he's now got an opportunity to play CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL!!!

Who, in their right mind would turn down an opportunity like that?

I want Porter to stay, I hope that tomorrow for some crazy reason he does... but honest to God all this "whine whine whine it's not fair" stuff is just misplaced anger that we're loosing a good footballer with great potential!!

RANT OVER!

I agree 100% with this post. People seem to think that anyone who plays for this club has to love it forever, all they have to do is want the club to do well whilst they are here and give 100% - which Porter has done, he can't help being injured and to be fair to the lad he did play through injury in immense pain.

I was given the opportunity to sign for a football team in America - womens football is much better over there than here (tho personally i still think its rubbish to watch) i was on the first plane over there! If Porter believes he can make a better career for himself up there then fair enough.

Having spoken to Porter a couple of times he came accross as a very quiet, shy guy and that is probably why he hasn't personally spoken out about what he is going to do and so all we have heard about is what his agent has to stay. I hope Porter stays but after what has been posted on the official site and on message baords - some of the players do read them - i doubt there is much chance of that now.

His contract has now expired and porter is no longer an employee of oldham athletic.So if he does fail a medical at the well,he would be on the dole :grin:

If he does fail a medical Motherwell

Do you think the contract what was on offer from us

would still be on the table for him???

Not sure if i would still want him playing for us

after all this!!!

Guest oa_exile
I think we should make him pass a medical here before accepting him back.

:banned:

lol :grin: then when he fails it claim the £700K insurance money :wink:

I think we should make him pass a medical here before accepting him back.

:banned:

Tell ya what, bet Lee Nobes is bored now.... with Will, Ports and Hall of the books, wonder what he does all day.... chat with woody???

oh well... will give him more time to go shopping for ridiculously tight shorts...

And do his sprint training! He's still faster than anyone in our squad... if we're short of players he could do a job up front just by out running people!!

And even more impressive with the fact he is laden down with his "Magic man Lee, medical marvel utility belt" - honestly, that lad is packing more than Batman! (but suppose he had to be prepared with our squad!)