Youth team fixtures

Just thinking the last 3 seasons the youth team have reached 3 cup finals in consecutive years.

Over the years seen a fair few youth teams games, with the loan system changing think it's even more important we now delvelop are own players.

Which got me thinking of youth team home games where played on a Friday evening rather than on a Saturday would more people attend.

Also think if we had any late injuries which ment a player being called up to the first team gives them that extra time to prepare if need be.

Also the bigger crowds offered more encouragement to them.

Just an idea anyway.

If there were to be played at BP, the pitch would be a problem but if they were played at Chapel Road, lighting would be a problem. Don't think the other teams in the league would be in favour of it either (teams such as Mansfield coming up for a Friday night).

• 3 months later...

Well done the youth team beating Burton Albion 3-0 today! The day went downhill from 3:00pm, but i''m grateful for those bragging rights. :grin:

Locking forward to the FA Youth Cup game at BP on Tuesday, something I can't say about the first team on Saturday.

If fans want to see entertaining football I'm sure they will see it on Tuesday, so shrug off the depression of the first team ills and watch TPs lads give everything for the cause.

• 9 months later...