Wow just had a flash back of Ron demolishing a billboard just slightly off the back of the chaddy goalpost, he just got up dusted himself off and carried on. Think a black and white photo of him rolling up off the floor was on the front cover of the next home programme.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Yep - superb header of the ball - particularly lethal from set pieces where he just applied the most subtle of touches and "glanced" the ball into the net - scored from many a corner like this. Think his brother Paul played with him for us for a while too ? He was also a great header of the ball.

6' 4" and eyes of blue, big Jim Steele is after you!

To be honest he was a donkey, did al right at Wrexham for a while. Didn't he score a winner in a Euro cup game against a big Spanish team that went on to make an offer for him?

To be fair during that Jim Steele era we had started to employ very negative tactics even at home, crowds dropped off dramatically and chances were hard to come by for Jim IIRC.

My username is a memory to the great Ron Futcher, so a likkle bit more respect please fellow owtbers

Didn't he cripple John Platt?

Don't get me wrong, i liked Ron. He suffered a great deal with sciatica and he was, shall we say, a bit slow. But he had a touch of quality. Pity it didn't stop the boo boys constantly slagging him off.

Paul is one of the best defenders we've ever had.