The Olympics

Two swimming medals last night including our first mens Gold in 28 years from Adam Peaty. I missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37005520

I've found a decent schedule here after days of looking!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/schedule/2016-08-08

Two of our boxers fight tonight between 10 and midnight.

Other than that not much appeals today.

Cycling time trials are on Wednesday.

Track cycling starts Thursday with the team sprint final on at about 10.

The running races start Friday.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the cyclist who broke her face and her back in the road race yesterday?

Apparently she is ok, fractured 3 small bones in her back and suffered concussion. Made of tough stuff these cyclists.

Great to see Geraint Thomas finish the race after his crash on Saturday.

Swimming makes me fume every four years; medals in that sport just aren't worth the same as others as there is so much more opportunity to win them.

They don't have running backwards races or running in different style races. That's not to decry the achievements of swimmers but those who say Phelps is the greatest ever Olympian based just on the number of medals are not comparing like with like.

Swimming makes me fume every four years; medals in that sport just aren't worth the same as others as there is so much more opportunity to win them.

They don't have running backwards races or running in different style races. That's not to decry the achievements of swimmers but those who say Phelps is the greatest ever Olympian based just on the number of medals are not comparing like with like.

But they've got relay running and running where you jump over things and running different distances and running where you pretend you're a horse...

Phelps is one of the best but someone like Redgrave comes ahead of him for me - medals at six Olympic games, gold at five of those.

It'll be interesting to see what Bolt can do in Rio. It would be a shame to see Gatlin win gold

But they've got relay running and running where you jump over things and running different distances and running where you pretend you're a horse...

There are more swimming relays than running ones..

They need a swimming like a horse relay to even things up....