How the Daily Mail twist the truth

Piss poor reporting.

Last Friday night my stepson treated me to a night at Edgeley Park (Stockport County) where a charity dinner was being held by the Stockport Referees society. The stars of the event were Premiership referees Jon Moss and local lad Anthony Taylor.

The event ran along the lines of food > singer > referees talking humerously > singer > referees answering questions > singer > disco.

The two refs happily posed for photos with people and gave a relatively entertaining and banter filled presentation of life at the top of their profession. Earning £2,000 to stand behind the goal in UEFA games. Refereeing in Serbia as drones unfurl Albanian flags, bagging the FA Cup Final and sending off Jamie Vardy for diving. That sort of stuff.

I took a photo of my eldest with the refs sometime before 9.30pm. He left at about 9.50pm. I followed ten minutes later, coincidentally as both refs left. I shook Moss by the hand and thanked him for a good evening. All three of us were sober and headed for our cars and departed.

At 10.07pm my stepson put the photo I'd taken of him and the refs on Instagram.

Charles Sale of the Daily Mail has lifted said photo and published an article implying that the refs were out on the lash the night before a big match and this may have affected their decision making.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-sent-off.html

They've failed to publish the comment I sent in saying I took the photo long before 10pm, it was a charity function and that I left with the refs at 10pm.

The article is a disgrace. Clearly "charitable referees donate time for good cause, leave sober at 10pm ahead of a match less than an hour away the following afternoon" doesn't work.