"A very small budget"?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is usually better to watch a 3-3 draw than a no score draw.

Depends, if you're 3-0 up though and get pegged back you leave feeling pissed off. If on the otherhand you come back from 3 down you're happy.

Results will always trump any kind of style that is played, a 1-0 win is better than a 4-3 defeat.

Sheridan kept us up last season with a series of 1 goal victories I was entertained.

To be honest although Sheridan kept us up we were still boring as :censored: to watch!

Who gave a :censored:! Lee Johnsons teams often won by 1 goal Iain Dowies teams were often grinding out results and winning by 1 goal.

Find a way to win football matches and everythingelse will take care of itself we are currently not doing that and that's why the fans are pissed off.

That's because a Sheridan team will look for a goal then defend it, Robinson's plan seems to be not to concede at all costs even if it totally nullifies us as an attacking threat, net result being we are boring as :censored: to watch.

It's true we don't start well we wait for the game to come to us to often. If we learn to start faster particularly that first 30 minutes and I think we will turn games like Saturday into wins.

Edited by GlossopLatic

My point being that maybe Robinson knows we are limited creativity wise so we are playing how we are to still be in the mix by January when he can make some alterations. So rather than going out attacking now and losing he is doing what he feels is best points wise rather than entertainment wise.

I regret that it's so :censored: to watch us play but I understand why Robinson is trying to do it. I just wish he'd stop attempting to delude us into thinking that we're in any way entertaining to watch.

We have the odd passage of play that is pleasing on the eye. But it rarely amounts to anything. So it's pointless (literally & figuratively).

Like many of our fellow supporters he refers to this as "playing well".

We have the odd passage of play that is pleasing on the eye. But it rarely amounts to anything. So it's pointless (literally & figuratively).

Like many of our fellow supporters he refers to this as "playing well".

He refers to it as "we dominated for long periods" ......and " you can see we are getting better and better"

Not convinced!

Was watching Latics train today.

Robinson was putting the front players Erwin , McKay, Croft , Mclaughin and Flynn through a series of moves with each movement ending with the player having to score from a cross , each cross was put in from different sides , angles and heights.

When doing the move himself Robinson scored with the touch of Roger Palmer on every one.

When the players did it Erwin scored 3 out of 5 , Croft got 2 and the others trailed in with one or none, and they were the best scores from 2 attempts each.

Maybe Robinson should put himself upfront and solve his own problems !!!!!!!!

Was watching Latics train today.

Robinson was putting the front players Erwin , McKay, Croft , Mclaughin and Flynn through a series of moves with each movement ending with the player having to score from a cross , each cross was put in from different sides , angles and heights.

When doing the move himself Robinson scored with the touch of Roger Palmer on every one.

When the players did it Erwin scored 3 out of 5 , Croft got 2 and the others trailed in with one or none, and they were the best scores from 2 attempts each.

Maybe Robinson should put himself upfront and solve his own problems !!!!!!!!

Where was Ladapo in all this?

Edited by BP1960

I must admit I was quite entertained by the early season games because they were battling and there were glimpses of potential. We've settled down into a less entertaining average. I still hope that there's a formula waiting to be put together with goals and solidity. And Winchester.

I must admit I was quite entertained by the early season games because they were battling and there were glimpses of potential. We've settled down into a less entertaining average. I still hope that there's a formula waiting to be put together with goals and solidity. And Winchester.

Think I enjoyed them because we pressed high and even though we weren't dangerous we looked like we tried to be. Ever since Green and Fane have fallen out of form we've lost that intensity we played with at first.

Wouldn't discount that there was an element of intrigue early season but we have lost that midfield engine we began the season with.

Who gave a :censored:! Lee Johnsons teams often won by 1 goal Iain Dowies teams were often grinding out results and winning by 1 goal.

Find a way to win football matches and everythingelse will take care of itself we are currently not doing that and that's why the fans are pissed off.

Ronnie Moore too. Then people got him sacked.

Colchester, Butcher, top corner, 1-0, went 6th in league, I was pleased as owt, Royle Bar was full of bellends moaning about the game.

Ronnie Moore too. Then people got him sacked.

Colchester, Butcher, top corner, 1-0, went 6th in league, I was pleased as owt, Royle Bar was full of bellends moaning about the game.

A couple of things have changed since then

Firstly The Royle years were fresh in everyone's minds as was Iain Dowie's play off team 3 seasons before expectations were high as we had assembled what at the time on paper was a very good league 1 side. Their was also hope in the then new owners were going to deliver on their plans of an improved Boundary Park and even Championship football within the next 5 years. Not delivering a team that would atleast getinto the play offs was seen at the time as a bit of failure. Fans turned against him in the 1st half of the season where we played some really poor football and were bottom half. The second half of that season saw an improvement and saw us jump within touching distance of the top 6 however the last 6 games didn't see us win a game and slump to 10th. Slightly unfairly Moore was sacked however had he got us in the play offs he would have kept his job .

Fast forward a decade of false dawns has seen many of those critical of Moore and many others walk away and expectation levels arguably at an all time low at the start of the season. I think if we had someone who got us in the top 10 playing unattractive football people would back it. So if Robinson turns this round in the second half of the season and gets us up the table I think fans will look at things differently to Moore's time here.

For the record I'd like to point out here I'm not a Masochist. One of my favourite ever games at Boundary Park is the 5-4 over Peterborough and I was a season ticket holder during our 3 seasons in the premier league. If we can play an expansive style leading to a goal fest and win then go ahead and do it. However I turn up at BP every week hoping to see us win and that is the most important thing.

A couple of things have changed since then

Firstly The Royle years were fresh in everyone's minds as was Iain Dowie's play off team 3 seasons before expectations were high as we had assembled what at the time on paper was a very good league 1 side. Their was also hope in the then new owners were going to deliver on their plans of an improved Boundary Park and even Championship football within the next 5 years. Not delivering a team that would atleast getinto the play offs was seen at the time as a bit of failure. Fans turned against him in the 1st half of the season where we played some really poor football and were bottom half. The second half of that season saw an improvement and saw us jump within touching distance of the top 6 however the last 6 games didn't see us win a game and slump to 10th. Slightly unfairly Moore was sacked however had he got us in the play offs he would have kept his job .

Fast forward a decade of false dawns has seen many of those critical of Moore and many others walk away and expectation levels arguably at an all time low at the start of the season. I think if we had someone who got us in the top 10 playing unattractive football people would back it. So if Robinson turns this round in the second half of the season and gets us up the table I think fans will look at things differently to Moore's time here.

For the record I'd like to point out here I'm not a Masochist. One of my favourite ever games at Boundary Park is the 5-4 over Peterborough and I was a season ticket holder during our 3 seasons in the premier league. If we can play an expansive style leading to a goal fest and win then go ahead and do it. However I turn up at BP every week hoping to see us win and that is the most important thing.

Bull:censored:. BB80 has far superior footballing intelligence than every other bell end in the Royle Bar.

My memory of the time isn't obviously as vivid as some but I do know we were :censored: under Moore. Like you say, expectations were massively different and I don't remember the same number of people moaning about his sacking at the time as now like to bring it up 10 years later. Hindsight an all that.

Bull:censored:. BB80 has far superior footballing intelligence than every other bell end in the Royle Bar.

My memory of the time isn't obviously as vivid as some but I do know we were :censored: under Moore. Like you say, expectations were massively different and I don't remember the same number of people moaning about his sacking at the time as now like to bring it up 10 years later. Hindsight an all that.

Damn right! We won 3pts! :censored:ing end of!

Dowie's team :censored:ing anihilated a good few - 6-1 v Mansfield, 4-0 v Huddersfield, 4-0 v Northampton, 4-0 v Chesterfield, 4-0 v Swindon, all in the league in 2002/03.

The last time we won a league game by four or more goals was nearly six years ago.

Dowie's team :censored:ing anihilated a good few - 6-1 v Mansfield, 4-0 v Huddersfield, 4-0 v Northampton, 4-0 v Chesterfield, 4-0 v Swindon, all in the league in 2002/03.

The last time we won a league game by four or more goals was nearly six years ago.

I always remember my nephews first match. We beat Hereford 4-0 at home under Shez. I was blase as :censored: about it.