• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever is manager means very little until the rest of the club structure is sorted out... Look at Sheridan... Just goes to show even if someone starts to get it right they will be out of the door given the first chance to go to a club with any sort of ambition. Changing the manager is pointless. You should be concentrating on getting new owners. But that should of been the aim six years ago but people wanted to pretend it was all good :(

Edited by oafc0000

Is changing the manager even an option?

If we can't afford to pay the away ticket money, how could we afford to pay him and his staff off ?

And even if we did, would a manager with any decent pedigree want to take the club on at the moment ?

A few weeks ago, he sounded worried about his job in interviews. I don't get that vibe from him any more, almost like he knows we've no option but to stick with him. Having said that, I haven't heard last night's inteview yet.

Whoever is manager means very little until the rest of the club structure is sorted out... Look at Sheridan... Just goes to show even if someone starts to get it right they will be out of the door given the first chance to go to a club with any sort of ambition. Changing the manager is pointless. You should be concentrating on getting new owners. But that should of been the aim six years ago but people wanted to pretend it was all good :(

It's not so much changing the manager it's about the defensive minded philosophy he and his clipboard coach brought in which has led to some dire and unexciting football fans just don't want to watch.

I'd sooner watch an Oldham team in the Conference playing like Lincoln than this drab lot in Division One.

Edited by BP1960

Guess who's back, back again...........

if he cant motivate an Oldham side to beat a conference team or even compete for 90 minutes then he has to go!

2nd from bottom, lowest scorers n the country and embarrassed on tv in the cup by supposed inferior opposition.

Robinson has failed....

Our team is littered with :censored:. It's not a heart issue: Lapado, Reckord, Burgess.

We're dreadful.

It is as much a heart issue as well as poor tactics and poor players. Lincoln did a lot of blind hoofing from defence last night as we did time and time again but in their case a Lincoln player nearly always got on the end of it....that has to be about desire and commitment, something our lot just haven't got!

Whilst not on his own, Ladapo is absolute :censored:e....at 6' 2" he can't jump, wins absolutely nothing in the air, can't hold it up, and can trap it further than I can kick it. Just what the hell did Robbo see in this player, his number one target and one he chased for weeks on end.

If this is an example of his 'preferred' player recruitment God help us in January if in the unlikely event that he's given some funds!

It's not good management IMO to state you are going to get rid of someone in the next couple of months. I remember this happened at a firm I used to work for and everyone affected just threw in the towel and treated the management with disdain.

Edited by BP1960

It's not good management IMO to state you are going to get rid of someone in the next couple of months. I remember this happened in a firm I used to work for and everyone affected just threw in the towel and treated the management with disdain.

What did the guys on short term contracts think was going to happen after 6 months? Auto renewal? They should be busting a gut and playing to earn a deal. If the scenario you're talking about is one where that was happening come what may then that attitude is understandable. But if Robinson is saying, "I'm giving you a shot here, if you prove your worth you'll get a longer deal" then that's totally fair enough. If those players aren't good enough or motivated enough by that then good riddance.

What did the guys on short term contracts think was going to happen after 6 months? Auto renewal? They should be busting a gut and playing to earn a deal. If the scenario you're talking about is one where that was happening come what may then that attitude is understandable. But if Robinson is saying, "I'm giving you a shot here, if you prove your worth you'll get a longer deal" then that's totally fair enough. If those players aren't good enough or motivated enough by that then good riddance.

Doesn't alter the fact you have them until January and should be getting the best out of them instead of putting them down.

Doesn't alter the fact you have them until January and should be getting the best out of them instead of putting them down.

Do you really think the ones he's talking about have been playing?

Because if they haven't it affects nothing. The players will already know if they're being kept on. The rest who don't know should be working their bollocks off in training to get it extended

Do you really think the ones he's talking about have been playing?

Because if they haven't it affects nothing. The players will already know if they're being kept on. The rest who don't know should be working their bollocks off in training to get it extended

But its obvious many of those he's keeping aren't doing it it training, as shown after the Lincoln pre match briefing.

As BB80 says you can't publicly broadcast the fact you'll be getting rid of quite a few of these lads come January and refer to many of them as "bodies" that we needed to get in. The lads who already know full well they're out should, instead, still be hopeful of a contract extension that SR already knows they're not going to get and pulling their tripe out in training & when called upon from the bench. To everyone's benefit.

And guess what - one or more of them might change his mind, Again, to everyones benefit.

Also, his incessant bleating about the budget & the transfer embargo (which he's now started trawling out) just gives everyone an excuse, not only him.

Players don't want to see their manager constantly playing the victim.

By all means moan and argue privately with Corney day in, day out about it but publicly take the Shez line - "the budget is what it is, you just get on with it".

I'm sure that was the polar opposite of what he was saying privately to Corney.

He's had 3 and a half months now to get us scoring and hasn't been able to do so, yet we've seen against Doncaster & last night that Mckay (as bad as he can be) can finish. Erwin is a good player and must have goals in him if used and supplied correctly. You have to assume that Ladapo isn't as god awful as he looks and that, again, he's not being used right.

Dunne should have been on Rhead last night which gives the impression Robbo hadn't done enough research to know that they put it on top of the full back rather than the CB for him to knock headers down. He was pissing about with a Q&A at the ground while Barraclough watched them wasn't he?

But even then, after the 3rd, 4th or 5th time of the blatantly obvious happening why didn't he bring Dunne on then? First half.

But, on that subject, why hasn't Clarke come in for any stick for not sorting Rhead out himself or getting a message to SR about what needed doing? Or the similarly experienced, vocal Green for that matter - why didn't he have a word? Have SR's leaders not let him down a bit there?

And is that the crux of the matter - players letting him down? Does he not command enough respect for his players to go out there wanting to do well for both themselves and for him?

I don't want him out. I like the bloke and I want him to get us doing well starting at Oxford on Saturday but I'm worried he's now embarked on the Dunn-esque "these players are :censored:, it's not my fault, Fergie or Mourinho couldn't sort this lot out" route..

Even if that's true the mark of a good manager is getting more out of a player or group of players than he rightfully should. Getting more out of them than the next manager, who he thinks he's better than, would. There's :censored: all he can do about it until January so he should roll his sleeves up between now and then and get on with it.

But he's starting to give the impression he doesn't really want to do that between now and January.

But is that because Corney's less likely to dig deep if we pick up some form between now and then? Is that the game that has to be played?

Edited by HarryBosch

The Lincoln training worked well didn't it? mind you they only had 2 weeks to prepare.

I reckon it probably did work well in training. Clarke came out and said they had been told exactly what would happen yet the players just basically didn't turn up. If the players don't do what they're told then it isn't the fault of training

I reckon it probably did work well in training. Clarke came out and said they had been told exactly what would happen yet the players just basically didn't turn up. If the players don't do what they're told then it isn't the fault of training

It is if part of the training is training them to do what they're told.

Begs the question if they aren't capable of following instructions why play them? Reckord a prime example and Green obviously not fit.

Edited by BP1960