• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banks wasn't signed to tackle and wasn't selected last night to tackle.

What happened to the old tactic of a ball playing midfielder having others do his running and tackling?

Green can't run or tackle.

Winchester can't tackle.

McLaughlin can't tackle.

Fane who can run and tackle wasn't selected

It's Winchester, Ladapo and Reckord.

I'd say that's quite obvious given the context of the match and history of management.

Personally I thought CW was pathetic last night. A player there to drift inside and create should have a field day against cloggers. He didn't look up for the battle, nor did he even show any quality.

He got a few shots off.

There's one simple question...do we honestly, hand on heart, despite knowing that these players aren't that good believe Robbo is getting anywhere near the best of what they are capable of? I know they won't perform week in, week out which is why they are with us. But neither should they be so clueless, so directionless, so de-motivated as they were last night. That's down to the manager I'm afraid. See Bolton and Rochdale for other examples. There are more too! Got no confidence in this guy to turn it around whatsoever.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Did Banks win a tackle all night, I'm really struggling to picture a tackle he's won all season, I get the Winny bashing it's the easy option and Robbo's go to excuse but Banks and Reckord should of been dragged off at half time if not before.

Who would have put the corner over for Clarke?

I don't get this Banks bashing - he was far from our worst player last night and we've played far more football since he came back into the side. And he tries to do score or create goals from midfield several times a game, which is always useful.

I don't get this Banks bashing - he was far from our worst player last night and we've played far more football since he came back into the side. And he tries to do score or create goals from midfield several times a game, which is always useful.

He was awful... We seriously talking about him putting a couple of corners in and patting him on the back? I gave him a 4/10 at most last night. The problem is you are right.. He was better than others. They made him look alright when he was dreadful.

For me, if you shirk 75% of the tackles you get close too, you should give up the game.

Edited by Fruitygoo

I've praised banks on here this season when he's got involved and he had a cracker at home to Scunny (I think) but I'm sorry if your gonna hand out medals for a cross making it into the box then we really are doomed, playing in the middle of the park comes with responsibility, its something Winchester criticised enough for and rightly so, you just cant afford to carry someone and that's what we did last night we carried a midfield and it was too much, outplayed, out thought and out fought in the middle of the park was too big a cross to bare.

Guest nonaenever

I honestly can't blame the manager. I would like to see what he can do with a full pre season and some budget.

He's clearly got budget - he clearly can't manage - full stop.

It's pretty much agreed that last night's "performance" was more like the Dog & Duck. In fact, we'd probably have lost to the Dog & Duck playing like that. But to get back to the topic of "Robbo Out", who do you replace him with? Who is out there that could turn the likes of Reckord, Green, Ladapo, Winchester, Burgess to name just a few, in to players that can compete in League 1?

There's no getting away from the fact that SR dropped monumental bollocks in playing Reckord for Dunne, Green for Fane, Ladapo for Mckay and Winchester for Croft. To do so in a match of that much importance to see if they're up to it was beyond belief. How many times this season have we seen Croft have an impact off the bench? So why wait until we're in the :censored: before you bring him on. Whilst Dunne ain't the best LB in the world, how can you keep Reckord on with a performance like that? We know that Fane is more of a destroyer than Green and that is what was needed last night. As for Ladapo, words fail me. 6'2" and can't win a sodding header all night. Play Mckay and play to his feet.

So, back to the point of all this. If Robbo goes, who replaces him? Uncle Ronnie? Kenny Jackett? Pretty much everyone else out there has been sacked for one reason or another. Who's left that could do a job for us? Russell Slade? Or do we say our prayers that Robbo will get them firing with, hopefully, a few changes in January? Provided, of course, that players are prepared to come in the first place.

I certainly don't have the answers. Who would you bring in to replace SR if that's what it takes?

We have given Robinson enough time to impose his" skills" and select his teams.He must now fall on his sword and go before it is too late to recover.Nice guy but ,yet another who talks the talk but does not walk the walk.

He got a few shots off.

He did, and he always does. He came close to scoring twice before the "comeback". He's the only midfielder we have prepared to have a shot.

Even with his supposedly bad attitude, he's more likely to score ahead of any of our other midfielders.

Guest nonaenever

Who would you bring in to replace SR if that's what it takes?

Hi Bristol - you make a lot of good points. I think last night, though, tilted those "on the fence" firmly against Robbo. I`ve never been his biggest fan but not to play Fane last night was the most baffling decision for me - it was crying out for a battler. Not to make the obvious substitutions at half time was a grave error. Just think if Crofty had had the impact he did for the whole second half. We'd have set off second half all guns blazing - and I`m convinced would have had at least a draw. That first 45 was the worst in many a year performance wise and not making any substitutions shows Robinson just hasn't got it.

To answer your question though - I`d do a "Notts County" and make an offer Keith Hill at Rochdale simply can't refuse.

I`ve been laughed at before for saying it but I`m not bothered he's dale - he's the man to keep us in this division - steady us - and then take us up - in my humble opinion. In fact, the way things are, I`d gladly chip in to help pay his wages!

I have just seen the goals. wow, that was less that :censored:, Winny with that cross field pass needs releasing...

I can forgive a mistake ahead of the consistent under-performance and lack of application from some of his other team-mates..

It's pretty much agreed that last night's "performance" was more like the Dog & Duck. In fact, we'd probably have lost to the Dog & Duck playing like that. But to get back to the topic of "Robbo Out", who do you replace him with? Who is out there that could turn the likes of Reckord, Green, Ladapo, Winchester, Burgess to name just a few, in to players that can compete in League 1?

There's no getting away from the fact that SR dropped monumental bollocks in playing Reckord for Dunne, Green for Fane, Ladapo for Mckay and Winchester for Croft. To do so in a match of that much importance to see if they're up to it was beyond belief. How many times this season have we seen Croft have an impact off the bench? So why wait until we're in the :censored: before you bring him on. Whilst Dunne ain't the best LB in the world, how can you keep Reckord on with a performance like that? We know that Fane is more of a destroyer than Green and that is what was needed last night. As for Ladapo, words fail me. 6'2" and can't win a sodding header all night. Play Mckay and play to his feet.

So, back to the point of all this. If Robbo goes, who replaces him? Uncle Ronnie? Kenny Jackett? Pretty much everyone else out there has been sacked for one reason or another. Who's left that could do a job for us? Russell Slade? Or do we say our prayers that Robbo will get them firing with, hopefully, a few changes in January? Provided, of course, that players are prepared to come in the first place.

I certainly don't have the answers. Who would you bring in to replace SR if that's what it takes?

We would have to sort the embargo first. ..

At least it's got us back to talking about tactics and football for the first time in ages...

We shouldn't have been giving them the ball, or the time and space, to bang balls over to the big lump. Given that we did B-WILS would have known enough to at least niggle him and put him off.

We lost the game because we couldn't keep possession. Even at 3-2 there were loads of times where nobody was showing for the ball, especially at the back. Hence the repeated insanity of playing long to an assortment of forwards who don't like heading. Piss poor.

I can forgive a mistake ahead of the consistent under-performance and lack of application from some of his other team-mates..

He has been consistantly :censored: for 3 years, what is your point.?

Edited by Lukers1