• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bristol - you make a lot of good points. I think last night, though, tilted those "on the fence" firmly against Robbo. I`ve never been his biggest fan but not to play Fane last night was the most baffling decision for me - it was crying out for a battler. Not to make the obvious substitutions at half time was a grave error. Just think if Crofty had had the impact he did for the whole second half. We'd have set off second half all guns blazing - and I`m convinced would have had at least a draw. That first 45 was the worst in many a year performance wise and not making any substitutions shows Robinson just hasn't got it.

To answer your question though - I`d do a "Notts County" and make an offer Keith Hill at Rochdale simply can't refuse.

I`ve been laughed at before for saying it but I`m not bothered he's dale - he's the man to keep us in this division - steady us - and then take us up - in my humble opinion. In fact, the way things are, I`d gladly chip in to help pay his wages!

While I disagree that Hill would do a job here - he might but I think he's one of those managers who'll only ever do it at one club - asking fans who can afford to to chip in for a managers wages might be far more doable than 500 of us putting £5000 each in.

Rumour has it Corney was scratching around for an extra £20,000 to finalise the Steve Evans deal - surely 20 people would have been willing to chuck a grand in for that?

Rumour (albeit an unreliable one) on Twitter that he offered his resignation last night.

Managers never seem to do that anymore. He's gone up in my estimation if he did and I hope Corney doesn't accept it.

(Not quite yet anyway :lol:)

The only tweet I've seen about him resigning is from 786 on Twitter which I believe is ibby! He's already got Dowie lined up. Edited by palmer1

At least it's got us back to talking about tactics and football for the first time in ages...

We shouldn't have been giving them the ball, or the time and space, to bang balls over to the big lump. Given that we did B-WILS would have known enough to at least niggle him and put him off.

We lost the game because we couldn't keep possession. Even at 3-2 there were loads of times where nobody was showing for the ball, especially at the back. Hence the repeated insanity of playing long to an assortment of forwards who don't like heading. Piss poor.

It's a good point that! I've half been expecting a Corney video slagging critical posters off today to :censored: deflect yet more attention from him/the club ?

Seriously tho...to those saying who do you get in...you get rid and then you see who's available, who applies and maybe who can be enticed. LJ was a young retiring player who (for all his faults) had a bit about him & provided slightly better out of the :censored: we live with. If there's no Ronnie/Shez type manager out there then it's time to pluck another one like LJ (there will be plenty of near-retiring players eyeing a chance) and hope they swim. Coz Robbo is sinking quicker than the Titanic! Doing nothing is not (or should not be) an option!

We rolled the dice over Dunn and need to do so again!

Edited by boundaryblue80

:lol:

Attitude problem, apparently. Doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Indeed. Like the attitude of being a heavy smoker apparently. Can kinda hinder a football career. Winchester is the new Boshell. Looks like he's out the door loads of times and then another manager saves him.

Rumour (albeit an unreliable one) on Twitter that he offered his resignation last night.

Managers never seem to do that anymore. He's gone up in my estimation if he did and I hope Corney doesn't accept it.

(Not quite yet anyway :lol:)

If true I would have accepted it.Robinson is clueless along with most of his signings

If he seriously considered resignation but had it refused, he needs to look at how we play generally. He's taking us down without as much as a whimper... He needs to have a go. No more mr nice guy style.

1. Name and shame those who let him down. If they don't like the truth, let them sulk without a game until they accept responsibility.

2. Sub early... We could all see reckord struggling last night. Sub him.. 1st half if necessary. Not arsed about the lads feelings.

3. Be more animated... If the players need a rocket mid game... Give them one.

4. Change the style. I understand the intention early season to stay solid and grind results. We had a new squad and we needed to get points on the board. Its not worked out and wont work out with what we have. That defensive mentality really requires a big donkey up top and aggressive midfielders to get past him. We have neither...

5. We over rotate the squad for me... Funne / reckord (both crap), mckay/ladapo, fane in and out... Lets try to get some stability. Players will play like strangers until they play regularly together

I'd like to see us have a go from the off...

Riply

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Wilson

Fane

Klok? How bad can he be..

Winchester

Flyn

Erwin

Mckay

Edited by Fruitygoo

Yep, saw them on their "Christmas" night out in Feb 14 (original one cancelled due to Mansfield replay) and a few of them were on the tabs, including Grounds, Wes and Winchester.

I don't necessarily have an issue with it, I was just bringing it up to the previous poster who implied that the story of Winchester smoking was just a rumour...

I"m not a fence sitter and have been blindly hoping that the improvements I've seen would be sustained and the basis for more goals and safety next year.

Unfortunately we have not just taken one step backwards but observed a team that lacked the 'fortitude' to play in the most important game so far this season. It was all too much for them.

I suspect they lack the wit to realise that they have a part in making this club viable, that there efforts can actually help earn the cash that is needed to pay their wages. This televised performance will have a catastrophic impact on the financial health of our club.

Changing the manager could get things going again but there is no money.

Who would have put the corner over for Clarke?

I don't get this Banks bashing - he was far from our worst player last night and we've played far more football since he came back into the side. And he tries to do score or create goals from midfield several times a game, which is always useful.

Banks was absolutely appauling. I think the only time he was ever involved in anything at all was when he took a set piece. 4/10 is being generous. I would have taken him, reckord and winchester off after 20 minutes and told them to walk home.