Banks was absolutely appauling. I think the only time he was ever involved in anything at all was when he took a set piece. 4/10 is being generous. I would have taken him, reckord and winchester off after 20 minutes and told them to walk home.

That would've meant keeping Ladapo on...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

asking fans who can afford to to chip in for a managers wages might be far more doable than 500 of us putting £5000 each in.

Rumour has it Corney was scratching around for an extra £20,000 to finalise the Steve Evans deal - surely 20 people would have been willing to chuck a grand in for that?

very true Harry - good point/idea

I know, Ladappo and Erwin(who in my opinion was actually worse than Freddie) Would have only stayed on just for the fact we can only change 3 players and apart from the one on one they had very little service as usual. Dummigan is another who was just slightly less rubbish than Reckord, Banks or Winchester. I actually forgot about Green aswel, he was also shockingly bad.

Guest nonaenever

I know, Ladappo and Erwin(who in my opinion was actually worse than Freddie) Would have only stayed on just for the fact we can only change 3 players and apart from the one on one they had very little service as usual. Dummigan is another who was just slightly less rubbish than Reckord, Banks or Winchester. I actually forgot about Green aswel, he was also shockingly bad.

If we're honest, other than Crofty, they all had stinkers; even Ripley and Clarke - who, of course, can be forgiven for their sterling efforts in virtually all the other games.

It's a good point that! I've half been expecting a Corney video slagging critical posters off today to :censored: deflect yet more attention from him/the club

Seriously tho...to those saying who do you get in...you get rid and then you see who's available, who applies and maybe who can be enticed. LJ was a young retiring player who (for all his faults) had a bit about him & provided slightly better out of the :censored: we live with. If there's no Ronnie/Shez type manager out there then it's time to pluck another one like LJ (there will be plenty of near-retiring players eyeing a chance) and hope they swim. Coz Robbo is sinking quicker than the Titanic! Doing nothing is not (or should not be) an option!

We rolled the dice over Dunn and need to do so again!

Interesting point.

I've said he needs a window, because he only started with 5 players.

But the cup game and embargo has me teetering.

So who do you get in I asked myself, and not many fit the bill though I am sure there are some.

We've been very hit and miss with the Rookie, and in terns of time served in ressies that previous sucesses (Joe excepted) have fitted, Robinson fits the template, so do we risk it for the 4th time in 1 season.

Thoughts drifted to Peter Clarke, but although he leads by example generally, he's not leading the team as Captain at the moment, so that got ruled out quickly

SO I'd have to see some actual realistic name to start calling for his head, none jump out right now, Which is painful to accept.

It felt like we were turning a bit of a corner with more positive performances against Scunthorpe and Port Vale (albeit without the points to go with it), but the Lincoln game has been a huge body blow.

It's a tough one to call for me but if we're going to change again then now is the time to be decisive and act. The new manager would then have 4 or 5 games before the window opens to assess the squad, then the full window to make any necessary changes.

It would be painful if Robinson was to have another month, not bring anyone in and then go. He either needs to be backed with decent funds to bring in more quality or if they don't trust him with that then make the change quickly.

Give him the season. The issues are bigger than him and I struggle, even after being at Lincoln, to have any real grievances with him. It's just damage limitation until the changes that are needed come about.

That's about where I am but I can't help but think a new man would get more out of our strikers and more out of Corney for new players in January

It's beyond boring now.

Let's give him a chance to fashion his own squad without the ridiculous time constraints of the summer.

He was forced to bring some in on a trial period because he saw no other options on the market within his price range, and they've predictably not worked. He's realised that with Reckord, Klok, Woodland Jahraldo etc.

He was forced to construct a strike force who he may have thought were better than their showing so far, but do we really think he believed it ideal to only have loans?

Our lack of preparedness is proven in our stockpiling of right-backs: he brought in Josh Law immediately because he was concerned we may not have enough options, then saw that Dummigan was on the market and took him, while having Brian Wilson too. That is unlikely to happen at clubs where there is a plan and time to work with.

I'm not saying his management so far goes without fault - Lincoln demonstrated that he's in his infancy - but he's got a squad who have been jumbled together, at a club whose momentum is negative to the extreme.

It would've been this way with most managers.

We do seem to like collecting right backs, at least 5 or 6 have played there at club level, I'm not really in the Robbo out camp as I think there's a good manager in there and he seems a bit more humble than someone like Dunn who just came across as a massive bellend, at least with Robbo he recognises his faults but whether he's up to the job in the long run is another matter but I feel like he will come good given time, sticking with players who've let him down and a cautious approach might be his downfalls but after Monday nights debacle I'm hoping for a different approach.

Going back to Banks as this luxury player in midfield wouldn't Croft be worth a try in there? Not the Crofty bombing up and down the pitch but played centrally a bit like Shez did when he joined us from Donny years ago, he does have the ability to play in there offers more than Banks in both half's and is really one of the only players who look up for it at the moment, he links up play well and for me deserves a start tomorrow.

We do seem to like collecting right backs, at least 5 or 6 have played there at club level, I'm not really in the Robbo out camp as I think there's a good manager in there and he seems a bit more humble than someone like Dunn who just came across as a massive bellend, at least with Robbo he recognises his faults but whether he's up to the job in the long run is another matter but I feel like he will come good given time, sticking with players who've let him down and a cautious approach might be his downfalls but after Monday nights debacle I'm hoping for a different approach.

Going back to Banks as this luxury player in midfield wouldn't Croft be worth a try in there? Not the Crofty bombing up and down the pitch but played centrally a bit like Shez did when he joined us from Donny years ago, he does have the ability to play in there offers more than Banks in both half's and is really one of the only players who look up for it at the moment, he links up play well and for me deserves a start tomorrow.

That's the way I see it. Croft even does more running around than Banks. It makes perfect sense to put Croft in the middle with two others and just have 1 up front, he'll having 2 doesn't work.

Agree O4U and I'm not his biggest fan but the 10 minutes that he is gives us is 10 minutes more than we get off other players, when he has started in the past 18 months he's failed to take his chance I just hope he can be more effective centrally and save his legs in there a little.

Robbo must of been bull:censored:ting about him a couple of games ago, deserves to be benched but how Green constantly and Banks avoid the same fate is frankly mystifying. Whilst his mistake on Monday was poor to constantly crucify the lad for every mistake is piss poor management especially when others seem immune.

Stunned that Ollie Banks and Paul Green have retained their spots. They were both missing for the full 90 minutes. Fair enough Winchester made a bad pass that they scored from but for him to be dropped from the squad completely and those two to retain starting spots is unbelievable. Green didn't pass to a team mate all night and was actually laughing about it on the pitch and Ollie Banks, did he even touch the ball in open play on Monday night?