Robbo must of been bull:censored:ting about him a couple of games ago, deserves to be benched but how Green constantly and Banks avoid the same fate is frankly mystifying. Whilst his mistake on Monday was poor to constantly crucify the lad for every mistake is piss poor management especially when others seem immune.

Presumably looking to get Green some match fitness back. However I thought our midfield looked more balanced with a Fane/Banks combo. Be interesting to see how he lines up the midfield today.

Some of us are having another Winchester love in.

Not exactly. Just pointing out Robinsons piss poor man management skills. Practically every mistake he has made under Robinson has seen him dropped. It's clear he doesn't that well. Yet Robinson never seems to change his approach to him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be playing for Robbo again if he stands by his comments.

Reckord too and possibly Ladapo.

Not Green though...hmmmm...

Defended Green a lot this season on the basis his clever work has gone unnoticed, but his performances recently have truly been appalling.

He's got no right to demand a starting spot whatsoever and given the rant about merit in the week by Robinson, the scapegoats seem even more contrived.

Defended Green a lot this season on the basis his clever work has gone unnoticed, but his performances recently have truly been appalling.

He's got no right to demand a starting spot whatsoever and given the rant about merit in the week by Robinson, the scapegoats seem even more contrived.

Given his experience and seniority his was arguably THE most disgusting performance on Monday night

The managers who haven't been able to man manage WInchester have been Dunn, Kelly and now Robinson.

Johnson & Shez were able to and we were better as a result.

I wouldn't say Shez got the best out of him but I think that had he stayed then he would have this season.

Yet Johnson said he had stamina issues which is no doubt in part due to his smoking habit, which is a pretty brain dead habit fot a footballer to have, and Sheridan himself said he needed a rocket up his arse.

I like Winchester and he does appears to be the scapegoat for what was a collective shambles on Monday night but he does have to take responsibility here for his actions here he's not helped himself.

Yet Johnson said he had stamina issues which is no doubt in part due to his smoking habit, which is a pretty brain dead habit fot a footballer to have, and Sheridan himself said he needed a rocket up his arse.

I like Winchester and he does appears to be the scapegoat for what was a collective shambles on Monday night but he does have to take responsibility here for his actions here he's not helped himself.

They did but Johnson in particular got him playing well week in week out. They never made him the scapegoat and didn't crucify him for every mistake. Robinson is as he is dropped after every mistake he does yet some of Robinsons signings aren't.

As you say ultimately Winchester does need to take responsibility for himself as a footballer but its clear he needs a helping hand from his manager.

Playing him left midfield in front of reckord wasn't exactly playing to his strengths.

We could have played Gareth Bale infront of Reckord on Monday and he would still have looked :censored:

Quite possibly the worst individual performance from any Latics player I've seen for sometime. Infact if I'd bunked off work and spent the day watching xhamster I'd have still made a better contribution to my employer than Reckord did to us on Monday night.

This has been coming for sometime for Winchester he's not made the most of his undoubted talent.

I suppose Dummigan is a case in point. A player lacking fitness when he arrived but who has peaked and gone backwards.

Pep is having problems at City because it takes the really good players he had at Barcelona and Bayern to play in the attacking style he wants. With the two red cards last time out he just doesn't have the players who are good enough to do what he wants and gets thrashed by Leicester.

Robbo wants our players week in week out to put in Northern Ireland style performances. But our players are not as good, they aren't playing for their country so although it may have worked for a couple of games it can not be sustained. He has to find another way which must include scoring more goals than the opposition rather than conceding fewer.

Winchester, despite his mistakes, makes himself available to receive the ball and has an ounce of creativity to excite the paying fan. He also has a shot, which earned us a point in our previous league game. How he was dropped from the squad whereas Banks and Green, the former in particular who goes hiding at the drop of a hat, was shocking. There's probably more to it behind the scenes.

Robinson is becoming increasingly like Dunn. Taking players backwards. Naive and negative tactics. We barely score. Despite Clarke and Ripley's heroics, we still concede almost every game.

To stay up, we'all have to what we did last season: play 20 yards further up, try to score goals by committing men forward, and become attacking and good at home.

I have no faith whatsoever we are capable of such a dramatic turnaround, just by just swapping four or five players (whilst abandoning the only genuine exciting and committed midfielder [turned every position you can pick him in apart from his best one] we have left)... in light of the tactics and team selections of recent matches.

in Jan, which great striker is going to want to join a L1 club languishing in the relegation zone that, from one look at the stats and from TV evidence the other night, knows we will barely create any chances; hence, what do they stand to benefit from coming to us...

We won't be able to get great players in any case.

But we need a manager capable of getting average players to know their jobs, be motivated, be positive, and be committed to win football matches - to become a good team.

We are going down if we continue with a manager who fails at the above and sticks every man behind the ball as much as possible, seemingly in the hope of nicking 1-0s and draws to stay up.

Guest nonaenever

I`ll second that - he needs to go.

This is the manager who wanted​ Erwin, Mckay and Ladapo - they weren't "hobson's choice" - that alone should tell you he's not going to make it in management. Thoroughly nice man but, personally, I`d take a manager with the personality of a scorpion as long as he can actually manage.

I am bored rigid with watching his team now (and I didn't go yesterday but sounds like another poor performance). Don't even know if I can be bothered on Saturday tbh - that's how bad it's got.

I`ll second that - he needs to go.

This is the manager who wanted​ Erwin, Mckay and Ladapo - they weren't "hobson's choice" - that alone should tell you he's not going to make it in management. Thoroughly nice man but, personally, I`d take a manager with the personality of a scorpion as long as he can actually manage.

I am bored rigid with watching his team now (and I didn't go yesterday but sounds like another poor performance). Don't even know if I can be bothered on Saturday tbh - that's how bad it's got.

I wouldn't call the Oxford performance poor.

Second best, yes. With the exception of Erwin everybody put in a shift. Even if Green's endeavour was ineffective.

He's always going to struggle in popularity terms when he's trying to turf out the only established player at the club...

As much as I like Ripley and Clarke, Winchester is the only one who has a bit of history at this club. It's not endearing to many.

Winchester? Established?

In 6 plus years as a first team squad member he has been subbed more times than any player I can ever remember. He has been dropped for massive spells & missed spells for fitness reason.

I wouldn't call one good half season (not even full) 18 months ago established.

If people want Robbo out because he isnt picking Winchester or because he drops him after a major :censored: up helping to cost us a massive game then they need their head testing.

Robbo should be sacked because he is a bit :censored:. Winchester should be sold because he is a wasted talent who has been stealing a wage for far too long.

Edited by palmer1

I don't think anyone's asked for Robbo to go because he's dropped Winny, it's the way he goes about it and like all rookie managers has his go to fall guys, at the same time he stands by players and talks them up despite them being absolutely :censored:e.

Who does he stand by? Green I'll give you that but he was brilliant start of season. Just hit a bad run of form.

Burgess I think should have been replaced by Wilson but who else does he play week in week out who is dog :censored:e?

Green, Banks, Burgess, Erwin have all had plenty of chances but have been :censored:e for weeks, McKay has also had decent runs in the team on the back of some piss poor performances.

I'm not saying Winny should be immune it just comes over that every single mistake he makes he gets crucified for, let's face it Robbo never fancied him from the start, he wasn't his man and it took weeks for him to get any sort of chance, since then he's been in and out and never been able to get a run of games in the same position, reminds me of how Dunn managed him really - :censored:ing clueless.