Another myth, when did he score the winner at Scunny last season after taking on half their team from the half way line, oh yes it was the 84th minute.

This midfield which is our real achilles heel is the :censored:test in our history and that's being kind, now I know Winny hasn't always deserved a place in the team for one reason or another but only two weeks ago the manager was singing his praises so why should one bad pass change all of that unless he was bull:censored:ting everyone and couldn't wait for him to :censored: up, if I was Winny I'd tell him to get to :censored: and wait for a move in January.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol half their team from the half way line!!!? What's this myth you talk of?

He ran in a straight line, at best you could say he beat 2 men...at best! Watch it again.

You mention one occasion he did something after the 75th minute of a game. What about the many many occasions he v blew out if his arse or was subbed.

Let Winny tell Oldham to :censored: themselves in January maybe someone will offer him a trial to see his fitness like they did in pre season :)

I bet Tim Sherwood wouldn't touch him.

My argument is not that we have better options than Winchester? It's that Winchester is a wasted talent that doesn't deseve to be be playing because he either can't or won't get fit and has done nothing for months on months bar the odd glimpse.

There is a difference between unfit & knackered having worked hard.

A talent like Winchester offered a trial ffs. It's not to see if he can play football. It will be known that he has fitness issues. Some Latics fans choose to ignore his obvious deficiencies in a hope that he may pick up some form again.

Im sick of waiting...

Edited by palmer1

My argument is not that we have better options than Winchester? It's that Winchester is a wasted talent that doesn't deseve to be be playing because he either can't or won't get fit and has done nothing for months on months bar the odd glimpse.

Name me another player who has done anything much during those "months and months". I can't.

Why hold Winchester to different standards..?

You happy with the 90 minutes Banks gives or how Green continually gives possession away or how Flynn plays a decent half hour every three games, Fane gets sent off every half dozen games or Erwin thinks he's better than he is and over does everything till he turns over possession. Our teams littered with players with major deficiencies it doesn't surprise me you jump right back on the bandwagon when another managers drops him for one bad pass.

I'm not happy with any of it. I think my few posts in recent times address that.

I think they are all poor but I don't think Winchester is any better. I just don't ignore the reasons he isn't playing.

Do me a favour though. Please stop bringing up David Dunn. I've lost count of the people in charge since him & Winchester has had issues with every manager he's ever played under.

I don't jump on bandwagons Ive posted on here saying Winchester is talented but weak & can't get fit well before you believe Dunn hindered him.

We've played our best recently when Green wasn't in the team and Winchester was at Port Vale, 23 appearances for Green in that midfield and on top of never finding a blue shirt he has scored 0 goals in that time, he's got more red cards.

Our best performance of the season (Scunny at home) had Green and Winny playing. One was subbed after 70 minutes

I get it now you prefer a player whose continously :censored: for 90 minutes than one who can win you a game in 70, as for Winny being subbed in that game he was still very effective prior to going off and was far from blowing out of his arse.

Which player do I prefer? I said 3 or 4 posts back I thought they were all :censored:

Subbed again after 70 minutes while still be very effective? What could it possibly be then?

Lol half their team from the half way line!!!? What's this myth you talk of?

He ran in a straight line, at best you could say he beat 2 men...at best! Watch it again.

You mention one occasion he did something after the 75th minute of a game. What about the many many occasions he v blew out if his arse or was subbed.

Let Winny tell Oldham to :censored: themselves in January maybe someone will offer him a trial to see his fitness like they did in pre season :)

I bet Tim Sherwood wouldn't touch him.

Christ, might as well go round to his gaff and smash his knee caps in if you hate him that much

The reason he took Winchester off against Scunny at home was to consolidate what we had, you know that it just doesn't suit your agenda, like I've said previous a couple of managers have got a tune out of him, under Johnson and Shez he was a mainstay of our midfield and there was far more competition then in midfield for places than there is now. Not one of yesterday's five midfielders would get anywhere near Johnson or Shez's team from the back end of last year.

Agenda? You always predictably revert to same argument.

Everybody who doesn't agree has an agenda.An agenda against Winchester must be the only reason managers keep dropping him.

He played well to very well under Johnson & he was in the team for some of Sheridans last run. Palmer ran that show!

Johnson got a 'tune' out of him. He's been non existent for everyone else. That must be their fault not his eh?

Edited by palmer1

If Winchester has been non existent as you put it this season how would you describe our other midfielders?

You really don't take anything in you don't agree with do you?

I've told you several times in the last hour or so exactly what I think of the current lot.

I take it in but i think your talking :censored:e, you've no agenda yet you only want to refer to one player when I make reference to others which is your perogative.

Final point I'd make is you keep referring to managers who didn't fancy Winchester in the past couple of years but there is only really Holden, Dunn and Robinson who've held that view about him, now can you see a recurring theme here, yes they all have outstanding managerial records don't they.

You really don't...

Add Dickov to the list of managers to those that didn't pick him as a regular.

Philiskirk as well! Winny couldn't make his starting line up except for one game when he stepped in after Dickov.

I hate to burst your bubble but this 'tune' that Shez got out of Winchester? He only started in one win under Sheridan last season at Peterborough. He spent most of his time warming the bench!

So that leaves LJ. I think we all agree that Winchester played his best football under LJ (for less than half a season). He was excellent but the manager did also mention his fitness several times in interviews oops

If it makes you feel better though Banks, Green, Fane have all been :censored: this season.

You may think I'm talking :censored:e, of course you do I don't agree with you & one if us has a clear agenda despite the actual facts :)

Edited by palmer1