Anthony Gerrard

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, OAFCinWolves said:

According to Facebook Gerrard was talking to our fans shaking hands with some and pointing at the directors box, allegedly  he said he was sack as AL couldn't afford his wages and AL is not fit to run the club

Was that what caused him to throw himself to the ground when the man mountain Sam Surridge went near him?

13 minutes ago, OAFCinWolves said:

According to Facebook Gerrard was talking to our fans shaking hands with some and pointing at the directors box, allegedly  he said he was sack as AL couldn't afford his wages and AL is not fit to run the club

That is what's being said on twitter too. 

Also there is this tidbit:

Yes I know it's a parody account but it seems a rather unusual story for it to be banded about, even from a parody account. It may also give away the identity of the owner of the parody account. 

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was great today. Our captain could learn a lot from his display against a striker lauded on Twitter by some as "the best striker in the League..."

How could our captain learn from him??

Gerrard had a good, steady game today, but Clarke is - and has been - a much more consistent performer over the years than Gerrard. I don’t think he has anything to learn from him. I think our tactics made it easy for Gerrard though. Surridge never ran at him or turned him once. 

Nice to see him wander round once the 90 minutes were over for a reciprocated round of applause. Whether the WhatsApp story was true or not he was a good servant to the club, saved us from relegation on more than one occasion and stood up for himself and his teammates when they weren't being paid (and rightly so).

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought he looked like a fat overweight pudding who bought a couple of crucial decisions off the ref, cannot for the life of me think why any fan of the club clapped him off today, he's a fucking mutant in my book.

You don't like him, then? :D

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

You don't like him, then? :D

No not really from some of the things I've been told about him and how he treats people, saying that he did a job in his first two seasons with us but looks a fucking state again this, be a liability for them once the pitches start playing heavy.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought he looked like a fat overweight pudding who bought a couple of crucial decisions off the ref, cannot for the life of me think why any fan of the club clapped him off today, he's a fucking mutant in my book.

Spot on. 

Did nowt because he didn’t need to. 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No not really from some of the things I've been told about him and how he treats people, saying that he did a job in his first two seasons with us but looks a fucking state again this, be a liability for them once the pitches start playing heavy.

You're probably right mate and I am looking forward to taking my youngest daughter to Brunton Park on a freezing cold Boxing Day, as she is used to watching Barça play in the sunshine at the Camp Nou. :D

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Strange lot some of our fans.

Our own players, who've not had the best week, met with indifference and then outrage at the first sniff of a mistake.

Yet some out-spoken oik who left the club under a cloud gets a rapturous reception.

I'm off to throw shit at myself!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

And mine, the big mouthed twat