Anthony Gerrard

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought he looked like a fat overweight pudding who bought a couple of crucial decisions off the ref, cannot for the life of me think why any fan of the club clapped him off today, he's a fucking mutant in my book.

I wouldn't have clapped him off .... but I can't see how he put a foot wrong today?

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was great today. Our captain could learn a lot from his display against a striker lauded on Twitter by some as "the best striker in the League..."

??

7 downboats!

Honestly how? 

I'll be honest I can't really agree with the Clarke comment but like you said Paddy 'our superstar' and 'L2 player of the month' didn't get a sniff ....

Honeslty how is that not reflective ..

FWIW ..

My opinion on AG is neutral. I don't think he ever didn't try or let us down .. you might point to the red at Chesterfield but even that could be put down to aggressive passion  ..

Not gonna sit here and say he's in Gregan's class but from what 'we' saw, did he ever do anything that bad?

Rumours last season of wanting to play through injury speaks volumes ..

I won't sit here and say he's a club legend but did he really do much wrong ..

I know it's been gone over time after time but AG, CD and JB were well respected by many of our squad, twitter and Insta proves that ..

Read AG's comments about 'our' club, add in the late wages payment again .... ?

50 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

??

7 downboats!

Honestly how? 

I'll be honest I can't really agree with the Clarke comment but like you said Paddy 'our superstar' and 'L2 player of the month' didn't get a sniff ....

Honeslty how is that not reflective ..

It was the sneering attitude I objected to. Standard for Paddy though, I suppose...

Edited by maddog

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Not gonna sit here and say he's in Gregan's class

I won't sit here and say he's a club legend 

Phew and phew.

Think that would have been a "stop the world, I want to get off" moment..

15 hours ago, JoeP said:

Strange lot some of our fans.

Our own players, who've not had the best week, met with indifference and then outrage at the first sniff of a mistake.

Yet some out-spoken oik who left the club under a cloud gets a rapturous reception.

I'm off to throw shit at myself!

Especially one who was outshone by a certain Mike Jones...

24 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

No better than Guy Branston, don't get the love in. Did a good job in keeping us up but was also a part of taking us down. Meh

Indeed.  

It’s almost as though there weren’t 4 other players defending for them yesterday too. The other centre half was better than AG and the full backs did a good job of defending against our inexplicably wide forwards. Although Miller did get some joy against their left back. Jones did a good protection job too 

If we had targeted the tanker from the off and ran at him through the middle it could have been a different story. 

45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If we had targeted the tanker from the off and ran at him through the middle it could have been a different story. 

Everybody* who has ever seen Gerrard play football knows that, if we could have got Surridge running at him, then he would have been in for a torrid afternoon. I even posted it on one of the other topics earlier in the week.

*Everybody, it seems, apart from Frankie Bunn...

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Everybody* who has ever seen Gerrard play football knows that, if we could have got Surridge running at him, then he would have been in for a torrid afternoon. I even posted it on one of the other topics earlier in the week.

*Everybody, it seems, apart from Frankie Bunn...

A worrying lack of player knowledge for sure. 

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not really, we would have stayed up if he’d stayed and not fatty

We will never know for sure, but I'm not convinced by that at all. Clarke was a lot worse than Gerrard in the early stages of the season last year, and he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory much this season - he was absolutely toilet against Colchester and not much better yesterday...

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He did say he didn't know what to expect from the league but nobody seemed to think that was a problem...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yeah, but come on Eyresey - he watched us loads last season, he should know how to attack Anthony Gerrard...

You two obviously dont want Bunn. 

Time- (if he gets it) will tell. 

I think it’s sad you want to hound out a club legend rookie so soon. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don't not want Bunn. I want him to do well and I like him as a person. But I don't want this shite that he's serving up week after week...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I didn't think he was the man at the time and haven't seen anything to change my mind on that since.

Just now, deyres42 said:

I didn't think he was the man at the time and haven't seen anything to change my mind on that since.

I know. You tell us every week.

When we win, we’re lucky/playing a shit side. 

When we lose, we get ‘told you so’

You haven’t give him any backing. Preferring to be proven right over giving credit where it’s due.

That’s sad.

Particulary with a club legend. 

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm don't not want Bunn. I want him to do well and I like him as a person. But I don't want this shite that he's serving up week after week...

Fair enough. 

The football isnt great, but results generally aren’t bad. ‘The squad’ is shite - But he’s created a good spirit in the group. Plus his history with the club gives him credit in the bank IMO. 

I think he was trying to be more attacking yesterday with that formation, but got caught at the other end. Mistakes will happen. We won’t be that bad again.

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know. You tell us every week.

When we win, we’re lucky/playing a shit side. 

When we lose, we get ‘told you so’

You haven’t give him any backing. Preferring to be proven right over giving credit where it’s due.

That’s sad.

Particulary with a club legend. 

You can't say I haven't been right though...