Anthony Gerrard

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why have we sold Davies? He got double figures last year and we don’t actually have a striker on the books. 

Because he couldn’t be arsed to play for us after his disagreement with AL in January when he was refused a move to Coventry 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

So that's Davies, Holloway, Gerrard and Byrne who have few seem to have a good word for. Some bitter fans on here.

Many have a good word or a balanced opinion on several of them. I could find good words for 3 of them.

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Same at most clubs.

I don't follow most clubs so have no idea what their fan base is like on a Saturday or on social media.

Only idiots mistake lack of form for lack of effort though. I see plenty of Oldham fans use that one a lot.

39 minutes ago, dave_ragg1984 said:

All players in a team that managed to get us relegated out of a division we'd been in for 20+ years. I'd be surprised if many (if any) had a good word for them.

And one has gone up a league, one has moved sideways-both for fees, another appears to be on his way sideways to Carlisle and the last some say could be the best in this league. So this doesn't really hold water does it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

having something is better than nothing

No its not, if you have a bag with eleven apples and one is bad you end up with eleven bad apples, I'd rather have ten all pulling in the same direction and get rid of the poison from the dressing room.

Not O'Gradys biggest fan at all but if he gives his all for the shirt he will get my backing 100%. 

8 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And one has gone up a league, one has moved sideways-both for fees, another appears to be on his way sideways to Carlisle and the last some say could be the best in this league. So this doesn't really hold water does it?

The last can be the best in any league if he wanted. Problem is he can’t be arsed to put the work in and conform to discipline. Therefore after playing for a few clubs and managers, some of who have been very decent especially at Wigan and Blackburn he still has not learnt any lessons so maybe it’s time he left as well. If top managers cannot control his behaviour then there is little hope that he will ever go far in the world of competitive football 

21 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I don't follow most clubs so have no idea what their fan base is like on a Saturday or on social media.

Only idiots mistake lack of form for lack of effort though. I see plenty of Oldham fans use that one a lot.

It's the lack of class of most of our bitter ex players that bothers me, it works both ways surely?

As it happens I've documented my feelings with regards to Gerrard and did appreciate his efforts at the back end of the previous two seasons but for me last season he was a weak leader and captain.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, because one match determines the whole season.

People don't like him because he is a Scouser and a bit mouthy, that's fine but it is a bit weird to try and claim he hasn't been a good player on the whole for us.

Well yes. It pretty much can. See Gillingham at home last season. Had we lost that game to Chesterfield that day that pretty much looked like curtains for us. Completely unprofessional just like he was at Bury last season.

And I haven’t even mentioned his “weight” issues. He’s a crock & we will be better for his departure. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Alot of people like to make sweeping statements about what our fans think, the majority of us are much more balanced than that.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Well yes. It pretty much can. See Gillingham at home last season. Had we lost that game to Chesterfield that day that pretty much looked like curtains for us. Completely unprofessional just like he was at Bury last season.

And I haven’t even mentioned his “weight” issues. He’s a crock & we will be better for his departure. 

Never heard of someone trying to play through pain barrier being described as unprofessional, if that was Clarke it would be oh what a warrior he is etc.

52 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I don't get your point. Are you saying they weren't part of a team that got us relegated? Because they definitely were. And therefore, I don't see why many of our fans would have a good word to say about them.

5 minutes ago, dave_ragg1984 said:

I don't get your point. Are you saying they weren't part of a team that got us relegated? Because they definitely were. And therefore, I don't see why many of our fans would have a good word to say about them.

So because the team was relegated all the players were rubbish and nobody should have a good word to say about them? My point was that 2 of the four have easily got moves, one appears to be on the brink of moving and the fourth is I said above. So other clubs don't think they are rubbish obviously.

Clarke was part of the team that was relegated but appears to be flavour of the month at the moment.

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

So because the team was relegated all the players were rubbish and nobody should have a good word to say about them? My point was that 2 of the four have easily got moves, one appears to be on the brink of moving and the fourth is I said above. So other clubs don't think they are rubbish obviously.

Clarke was part of the team that was relegated but appears to be flavour of the month at the moment.

I couldn't really care less what other clubs think of them, and was only talking about our supporters. You called them bitter. They've every right to be pissed off with players who were a big part of the reason we got relegated from a division that we've stayed up in with far less talented teams.

28 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

More than once I've seen people in work given promotions because it was the easiest way to get rid of them. 

5 hours ago, leeslover said:

I'd love to know what was in his contract. Not many chairmen give 3 year deals to players who are clapped out at 30, but I'm sure Corney knew what he was doing

If he is going to Carlisle you might get that chance to hurl abuse at him and get it all out of your system once and for all!  October 6th.

I cannot wait until Forest Green Rovers come to town

Just now, ChaddySmoker said:

If he is going to Carlisle you might get that chance to hurl abuse at him and get it all out of your system once and for all!  October 6th.

For once we are in agreement! As far  as Gerrard goes I can only hope I don't let my anti-Scouser sentiment slip through the guard

6 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

When I see a massive arse going over the barriers into the North Stand I will know why

I had plans to go right behind Gregan at a Darlo game and start singing, "How many pints," before legging it. If Gerrard goes to the pub with Shez and Tommy every evening I reckon I'll be able to outpace him. 

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

And Lincoln City

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Never heard of someone trying to play through pain barrier being described as unprofessional, if that was Clarke it would be oh what a warrior he is etc.

You can twist it all you want. He wasn’t playing through the pain barrier...he was injured. Wellens confirmed it & was furious Gerrard kept it from him. It was well documented but it seems even facts presented aren’t enough for some.

20 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You can twist it all you want. He wasn’t playing through the pain barrier...he was injured. Wellens confirmed it & was furious Gerrard kept it from him. It was well documented but it seems even facts presented aren’t enough for some.

The captain wanted to play in an important match, what a cunt he must be.

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why have we sold Davies? He got double figures last year and we don’t actually have a striker on the books. 

Because he didn't want to play for us any more and spat his dummy out? I'm only guessing, but that could be it. Why keep a player who doesn't pull his tripe out for you?