Season Tickets 2017/18

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be paying a rise. I'm loathed to pay the same price as two seasons ago, given the terrible decision making at the club recently.

The last time I paid full price we got Kelly and Dunn before scraping home safe with Shez. Last season we had five players under contract and no manager until July.

Not happening. I'd rather pick and choose games at £22 knowing there is a decent team going out than the :censored:e we had earlier this season. The sad thing is I can see me finding other things to do on a Saturday and falling away from latics.

I want entertainment and I've not been getting that. I dont trust the club and I dont trust Corney. An awful lot of goodwill has been lost, especially given that they expect you to stump up before you know what you are getting.

I want entertainment and I've not been getting that. I dont trust the club and I dont trust Corney. An awful lot of goodwill has been lost, especially given that they expect you to stump up before you know what you are getting.

Under Shez its been playoff form though

Edited by mcfluff1985

Totally agree and it has been entertaining.

What is to stop Shez leaving at the end of May and us ending up in the same situation again?

It is a risk and they are asking fans to stump up before they know what they are getting. Whilst that has always been the case, as I said above, I don't trust the club to make the right decisions any longer.

In my mind, the club need to annouce some contract extentions. We have a few players tied down already but if there is a good core of a squad to move forward with, that would help. Shez could leave like he did last season, not much the club can do about that, but they can guarantee some of the playing staff.

Yep. That'll tempt a lot of fans, and rightfully so. 13 from 6(?) at home under Shez is excellent form but after last time how many will truly believe we'll say no to a £50k offer for him?

Corney has lost the trust of the fans and it has consequences. It's also hard to rebuild...

Loans and kids aside. Here for next season now:

5. Anthony Gerrard (2019)

7. Ryan Flynn (2018)

8. Ollie Banks (2018)

10. Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

16. Cameron Dummigan (2018 plus option)

24. Ousmane Fane (or Fané, who knows) (2018 plus option)

Realistically, they need to tie at least three or four of these down.

4. Brian Wilson (2017)

15. George Edmundson (2017)

26. Peter Clarke (2017)

31. Charles Dunne (2017, although not announced by the club)

27. Ryan McLaughlin (2017 plus option)

14. Michael Ngoo (2017)
18. Darius Osei (2017)

2. Josh Law (2017 plus option)

28. Paul Green (2017)

Tope Obadeyi (2017)

Chris Taylor

Some questions marks of course, Ngoo, Law and Green in particular. Tope and Taylor still to prove their worth. Clarke is top of the list.

Unless we are going into the end of the cheaper ticket period with nine or ten contracted players, I won't be paying it.

Edit: I'm sure no-one will mind me firing Reckord and Kettings off!

Edited by blueatheart

I won't be paying a rise. I'm loathed to pay the same price as two seasons ago, given the terrible decision making at the club recently.

The last time I paid full price we got Kelly and Dunn before scraping home safe with Shez. Last season we had five players under contract and no manager until July.

Not happening. I'd rather pick and choose games at £22 knowing there is a decent team going out than the :censored:e we had earlier this season. The sad thing is I can see me finding other things to do on a Saturday and falling away from latics.

The quandary is that more season ticket holders make us more saleable but, arguably, also make Corney more likely to stick around or just put the asking price up even further.

Be warned that its a slippery slope

As is his right

Indeed. Bit like Sir Phillip Greens right to do what he did :icon_peace:

Or in most other real-World scenarios...run a business poorly...lose the right to "take his percentage off the top"

A ST price increase would be extremely foolish. But I can see how they'd try and sell it..."Come support Shez for the new season...." Ahhhhh......wait a minute...... #groundhogday

Edited by boundaryblue80