Season Tickets 2017/18

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 7:38 PM, oafcprozac said:

I was not renewing 100% (I know I say it every year - this year I wasn't, didn't even have the money)

then dad fell seriously ill last week. So ill we'd pretty much said our good byes on Friday night. 

Friday before dad was moved to the ICU and before he suffered his cardiac arrest and before being put into a medically induced coma he told me to go to Southend. " don't worry about me I want you to go, you should go. You're a Latics fan it's what you do"

As dad deteriorated through the night I knew I wouldn't go to Southend and we got home at 3am after being at hospital for 15 hours knowing it could be curtains for him. After getting about two hours kip, we rang to see if he had survived the night. He had, and I renewed my season tickets first thing Saturday morning. 

Why? As you know I've simply had it with the doom and gloom and lack of a Plan or hope, but dad passed on his love of Latics to me and as the outlook for him is grimmer than grim, multiple organ failure and there's several machines at the moment keeping him alive. He needs a miracle, until his illness kicked in over the last 10 years we'd go home and away together most weeks and despite my loathing for the current regime I can't throwaway a bond developed through dad over 31 seasons. I know when the time comes for him i'll never be closer to him than when I'm at boundary park on a Saturday afternoon...

i can't let that go, I just can't...

Really touching post. Thoughts with you and your family.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those three games last year were brilliant. The game would end and you'd think yes! We've won and we are closer to staying up. Then just as you were walking past the bogs you'd think , bloody hell I've just got £50! And then off to the pub?

2 hours ago, Flemboy said:

So glad I got mine for £300.Looking forward to next season with Shez in charge.Think we could have been top 6 with him at the start.

According to the form since he took over we would have averaged out 77 points over a season, which is usually more than enough for a play-off place.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

What if you factor in last years Shezzurection too?

33pts from 22 games in last years episode of the Shezurrection.

So say 67 points (ish) and 77 this year. 72 on average over his 2 miracles.

That would currently have us 6th.

Get a decent start next season though and the momentum could take us anywhere!

I'm excited. Don't know about anyone else!

16 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

What if you factor in last years Shezzurection too?

We've gotten 65 points from the 42 games he has managed in the last 2 seasons, slightly outside of the play-offs after 42 games of this season. However, that includes the 2 games from the end of last season where our players might as well have been playing in flip-flops as their minds were already on the beach.

Certainly the hypothesis that we would still have something to play for at the right end of the table had he been in charge for the full season based on form under him since Jan 2016  is not one that's too far-fetched.

Guest davidshaw
11 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

33pts from 22 games in last years episode of the Shezurrection.

So say 67 points (ish) and 77 this year. 72 on average over his 2 miracles.

That would currently have us 6th.

Get a decent start next season though and the momentum could take us anywhere!

I'm excited. Don't know about anyone else!

Yes - I`m with you oafc - it feels as though we have turned a corner. Yes, of course there are cashflow issues but I am 100% confident Latics will still be here come the start of next season and we may make a half decent fist of a campaign for the first time in a long time.

BTW, for comparison, with the Pirelli Stadium holding only about 6,000,it would be understandable if Burton Albion increased ST prices considerably, in order to be able to compete in the Championship. However, the club has confirmed a third consecutive price freeze for all ST holders. The club's earlybird offer will allow all current ST holders to renew their tickets for next season until June 30 at the same price as they paid last year.

Therefore, if one more point is gained from the last two games, or the current points total proves to be enough, supporters who use that offer may see Championship football at the same price as they paid during the League Two promotion season of 2014/15.

• 1 month later...
On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, yarddog73 said:

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/special-easter-offer-to-all-rochdale-households-10-family-ticket-3627448.aspx

Dale trying their best to spread the word with 100,000 letters landing on the mats of every house in the town.

I didn't get one.  Neither did any of my family members.  All of us live in Rochdale within a mile and a half of the ground.

As I said it would, this initiative has failed.  It could only work where you know you have a large base of stayaways/arm chair supporters.

They are now in the bizarre situation of having sold less season tickets than last year at an even lower price after this 'offer'.  Dale praised on here for this offer and yet on their own forum the realisation of how badly they have handled and promoted the idea is hitting home.  Not everything is better at other clubs.  Disaster of an idea badly implemented.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I didn't get one.  Neither did any of my family members.  All of us live in Rochdale within a mile and a half of the ground.

As I said it would, this initiative has failed.  It could only work where you know you have a large base of stayaways/arm chair supporters.

They are now in the bizarre situation of having sold less season tickets than last year at an even lower price after this 'offer'.  Dale praised on here for this offer and yet on their own forum the realisation of how badly they have handled and promoted the idea is hitting home.  Not everything is better at other clubs.  Disaster of an idea badly implemented.

Oh well at least they've a couple of million in the bank to console themselves with. I hear Huddersfields promotion ended up costing them a few years ago but unlike some clubs they are happy to play the long game.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Oh well at least they've a couple of million in the bank to console themselves with. I hear Huddersfields promotion ended up costing them a few years ago but unlike some clubs they are happy to play the long game.

That the best you've got?  They wont have a couple of million in the bank for long with this kind of rank bad management (they haven't already as it happens - last set of account shows £600k assets of which is pretty much just cash at bank - yes I know they had a sell on this year - but they are loss making).  Tramp wont keep getting lucky in the transfer market, one or two years with no big sells and they are in trouble.    It was a poor initiative, badly implemented.  If we had done this with the same result you would have murdered the club.  Hudds are on a different level and the comparison is silly, they have a very wealthy owner who has thrown money at it.  By all accounts this season was the last he was prepared to do so, so I guess the gamble on the German paid off.

42 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just as a matter of interest, how many ST's did they end up selling and what was the final price?

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Love it! The club who gets heaped with praise for how they are run on here have 'pulled an Oldham' on season ticket offers and its met with an oh well.!?  Surely there is more to say than that..

Edited by palmer1

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Still time for fans to take up the offer. As at 22 May they had sold 1600.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/may/st-200announcement_may2017/

They sold 1800 last year.  They have taken 1600 deposits at £50 so far, just a couple of weeks left and by all accounts sales have stalled.  Some of the 1600 may not take up the offer of course as maybe the gambled on them actually achieving a hefty discount.  I believe deposits are non refundable!?  Price so far is £200 after lowering the threshold to try and get momentum going again, otherwise it would have been £250.  So currently they have lost about 200 season ticket holders and about 20k in revenue with this initiative.

44 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That the best you've got?  They wont have a couple of million in the bank for long with this kind of rank bad management (they haven't already as it happens - last set of account shows £600k assets of which is pretty much just cash at bank - yes I know they had a sell on this year - but they are loss making).  Tramp wont keep getting lucky in the transfer market, one or two years with no big sells and they are in trouble.    It was a poor initiative, badly implemented.  If we had done this with the same result you would have murdered the club.  Hudds are on a different level and the comparison is silly, they have a very wealthy owner who has thrown money at it.  By all accounts this season was the last he was prepared to do so, so I guess the gamble on the German paid off.

What are you trying to prove? That we are the bench mark that Rochdale should be aiming for?  I don't give two hoots whether their promotion was a success or not but I'm certainly not going to knock them for trying, as for tramp getting lucky they don't really need to as they know the worth of a player and the potential from sell on clauses, we sell ours at rock bottom prices and complain were skint, Rochdale have more Hogans coming through and they won't them go on the cheap, we are run by a board who on many occasions have had their pants pulled down because they don't know the game, I'm not sure Rochdale will be losing much sleep over how we run our football club!

Just now, yarddog73 said:

What are you trying to prove? That we are the bench mark that Rochdale should be aiming for?  I don't give two hoots whether their promotion was a success or not but I'm certainly not going to knock them for trying, as for tramp getting lucky they don't really need to as they know the worth of a player and the potential from sell on clauses, we sell ours at rock bottom prices and complain were skint, Rochdale have more Hogans coming through and they won't them go on the cheap, we are run by a board who on many occasions have had their pants pulled down because they don't know the game, I'm not sure Rochdale will be losing much sleep over how we run our football club!

Well I guess we shall see.  If nobody is there to watch the team you are pretty much fucked whatever aren't you.  Their home attendances are dwindling in the most successful period of their history.  That is not good management of a product is it.

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm certainly not going to knock them for trying

Unlike when we did an offer last year.... to quote:

Posted March 1, 2016 · Report post

Fucking stupid idea,

Not many have budgeted for it

It will put added pressure on the team

But more than anything we must be Fucking pot less again, with no opportunity for a quick fire player sale we have taken the chance on a quick fire season ticket sale - clueless.

You are so transparent!

Edited by kowenicki

56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Unlike when we did an offer last year.... to quote:

Posted March 1, 2016 · Report post

Fucking stupid idea,

Not many have budgeted for it

It will put added pressure on the team

But more than anything we must be Fucking pot less again, with no opportunity for a quick fire player sale we have taken the chance on a quick fire season ticket sale - clueless.

You are so transparent!

And I stand by every word of that because it compromised our whole 16/17 season, you can't compare our promotion and Dales because they were done for very different reasons and they have the finance in place to take a hit if needed, we on the other hand did it as a short term fix to address a cash flow problem. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

So that's the meaning of undisclosed then ? I never knew it meant rock bottom. All our transfers are undisclosed so how do you know what they are worth ? 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, yarddog73 said:

And I stand by every word of that because it compromised our whole 16/17 season, you can't compare our promotion and Dales because they were done for very different reasons and they have the finance in place to take a hit if needed, we on the other hand did it as a short term fix to address a cash flow problem. 

So ours was a "fucking stupid idea" because we actually needed to do it, and Dales is a great idea that should be applauded because they don't need to do it... brilliant.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

So ours was a "fucking stupid idea" because we actually needed to do it, and Dales is a great idea that should be applauded because they don't need to do it... brilliant.

Brilliant that Rochdale are solvent or brilliant that we can't manage our income and pay our bills on time so have to sell players, managers, sell on clauses, season tickets at reduced rates?