Winding up petition from HM Customs

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Show me the hyper positive posts in this thread please. 

Also, what is this secrecy you speak of?  The community section is reaching out like never before and how he wants to run his business is frankly none of yours. What exactly do you expect to hear/know?

What is the “evidence of a difficult dynamic behind the scenes”.  If all you are referring to is the exodus of the previously inept and unsuccessful staff after he has decided to start afresh then I say good luck to him, it was needed. What other evidence is there?  

It is the number of staff that have left or been let go that is strange. In a business you have a mix of good ,OK and inept staff. So if your business changed hands you would expect some not to be kept on some to remain. The numbers that have left and continue to leave is unusual. Prior to the sale of the club I didn't hear that all of the back room staff were inept. Indeed as a new owner you Would hope to at least retain the good staff. There have been some good initiatives for fans and we are doing ok on the pitch,but I question how devastating the experience has been for many of the back room staff.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Also, what is this secrecy you speak of?  The community section is reaching out like never before and how he wants to run his business is frankly none of yours. What exactly do you expect to hear/know?

What is the “evidence of a difficult dynamic behind the scenes”.  If all you are referring to is the exodus of the previously inept and unsuccessful staff after he has decided to start afresh then I say good luck to him, it was needed. What other evidence is there?  

Perhaps if these 'inept' staff had been given the correct tools to work with they might not have proven so 'inept'?

Generally if a chief executive (and yes I know he was over promoted/Corney's puppet etc etc) leaves a company you tend to hear about it.

But it is matchday, here's hoping to another 3 points come 5pm.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I’d like to know who is on our board.

54 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

More made up shite. People saying the club have done well with this initiative or that initiative or that stand renaming etc etc aren't being hyper positive (not unless they're being compared to you, Ryan, Deyres42 etc) they're just pointing out that something good has happened.

As much as it might pain some when something positive happens, it isn't hyper positive to say that's a good thing!

How about you try not to find the negative in everything and enjoy things while they're looking a bit better 

Celebrating the wages being paid on time is embarrassing and is the bare minimum required of any respectful business. It’s like cheering a 21st place finish in League 2 which i’m sure many like yourself would be delighted with.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Celebrating the wages being paid on time is embarrassing and is the bare minimum required of any respectful business. It’s like cheering a 21st place finish in League 2 which i’m sure many like yourself would be delighted with.

That's not what's happened. At all. You know that though. It's ok to say paying wages late is bad. It's also ok to say the fact we appear at the moment to have got this sorted is good from the position we were in.

If you disagree with that you're being an arsehole for the sake of it

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

That's not what's happened. At all. You know that though. It's ok to say paying wages late is bad. It's also ok to say the fact we appear at the moment to have got this sorted is good from the position we were in.

If you disagree with that you're being an arsehole for the sake of it

What i originally said is that paying the wages on time is the bare minimum required. It’s not an achievement. We still have a long way to go if we want to be successful, just accepting what we have now as OK isn’t good enough. Let’s hope the club continues to improve 

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Your views, posts and opinions are embarrassing on the whole with the odd post which is constructive and forms part of a debate or discussion.

Most of what you write is for a reaction and you get that most of the time.

I don't understand you, I don't know why an Oldham fan would constantly berate and speak down to other fans for showing some positivity or just having a normal balanced view.

To be negative, pessimistic, always looking for the worst in things is not healthy, I have and do see the results of this behaviour in my professional  life on a way way worse scale but it damages lives in those cases. Think before you put people down for being this way because social media can have a huge effect on some peoples confidence.

Just because a fan is pleased to see improvement, however little is not being "hyper-positive" as you put it.

This is just someone seeing that the club has made small steps in the right direction and is pleased because they have probably seen the decline of our club over the years.

9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What i originally said is that paying the wages on time is the bare minimum required. It’s not an achievement. We still have a long way to go if we want to be successful, just accepting what we have now as OK isn’t good enough. Let’s hope the club continues to improve 

Nobody disagreed with what you originally said. Your gob just ran off with itself chattin bare shit yo.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Perhaps if these 'inept' staff had been given the correct tools to work with they might not have proven so 'inept'?

Generally if a chief executive (and yes I know he was over promoted/Corney's puppet etc etc) leaves a company you tend to hear about it.

But it is matchday, here's hoping to another 3 points come 5pm.

Didn’t help having all their equipment seized by HMRC... Are people still blaming that raid on Keegan? 

16 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Some normal people can come over as "hyper positive" to a "hyper negative" person !

Its not necesssarily that its just that people cant fucking read what people are saying.

I started this debate by saying it appears we've paid the wages on time thats a good thing a few others have said that we might not yet have turned the corner which is fine.

Then a load of others jumped on accused people of being overly positive and overly negative so now we have a situation where everyone take things to such ridiculous extremes. I dont see why people have to be so bi-polar at everything. The world isnt black and white its made of different shades of grey.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its not necesssarily that its just that people cant fucking read what people are saying.

I started this debate by saying it appears we've paid the wages on time thats a good thing a few others have said that we might not yet have turned the corner which is fine.

Then a load of others jumped on accused people of being overly positive and overly negative so now we have a situation where everyone take things to such ridiculous extremes. I dont see why people have to be so bi-polar at everything. The world isnt black and white its made of different shades of grey.

I thought my piece of larger text was a fair observation. It was then cut to ribbons by the usual suspects... you then have to play the game. 

The simple fact is the jury is still out,however if things were getting worse I’d be worried. However slowly things are improving little touches are little touches and don’t paper over the cracks, but the do cost money and are a sign of someone trying. As I have said before and someone said above, he doesn’t own the stand or the land he has nothing to gain financially unlike the last few owners. People say the budget is low but there is no way dumingham, Hunt, Clarke and Baxter are on small money. The budget may need splitting more evenly over the next coming seasons, however these are key players that I would rather have than not, throw in the youngsters, we have the making of a team and these players have been here a while now another positive. If we can strengthen further up the field in jan or next year we will certainly be heading in the right direction. Yes players being paid on time is a minimum, but something we have struggled to do for a long time so does al deserve some credit for that? Yeah I think he does, is there along way to go? Yes. Does he have a lot to prove yes? Were the sacking worrying yes, but have the leaked and bad feeling gone away yeah. So it’s a work in progress, cut the guy a little slack! We’re moving in the right direction in every way, so let’s pull together and get behind the owner and team!!!

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The simple fact is the jury is still out,however if things were getting worse I’d be worried. However slowly things are improving little touches are little touches and don’t paper over the cracks, but the do cost money and are a sign of someone trying. As I have said before and someone said above, he doesn’t own the stand or the land he has nothing to gain financially unlike the last few owners. People say the budget is low but there is no way dumingham, Hunt, Clarke and Baxter are on small money. The budget may need splitting more evenly over the next coming seasons, however these are key players that I would rather have than not, throw in the youngsters, we have the making of a team and these players have been here a while now another positive. If we can strengthen further up the field in jan or next year we will certainly be heading in the right direction. Yes players being paid on time is a minimum, but something we have struggled to do for a long time so does al deserve some credit for that? Yeah I think he does, is there along way to go? Yes. Does he have a lot to prove yes? Were the sacking worrying yes, but have the leaked and bad feeling gone away yeah. So it’s a work in progress, cut the guy a little slack! We’re moving in the right direction in every way, so let’s pull together and get behind the owner and team!!!

Fairly summed up. 

Jesus, who are you and what have you done with the real latics22? :wink: 

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

This is bob on

19 hours ago, latics22 said:

Nothing to gain financially?

It's different; but he's going to try and make money. Get a French lad cheap, sell a French lad high. 

Like the others with the land... Might work, might not.

Naive to think there aren't other motives.

Archived