Winding up petition from HM Customs

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder are HMRC playing a new game and tactic with football clubs over there late/none payment of bills namely having them in court at the first opportunity for even the smallest amount ?

are they generating a paper trail so that when the big one does comes along and the club concerned cannot satisfy there debt they will have a much stronger case to put before a court ?

They don't just serve winding up orders without a reason. All points are still valid about being run the way we are no matter how nicely worded a statement it is. I don't see Rochdale going through this every other month on half the crowds. Making it out that most clubs in the top 4 divisions (or even bottom 2 divisions) are doing this dance we do is just another page of bollocks in the Latics bible.

Thou shalt not worry! Unconditionally.

Or perhaps they got the going rate instead of clubs knowing our 'deal' is £300k.

Nothing to see here guess I'll crawl back under my stone as advised by the club's spokesperson now the everything's ok alarm has been activated....

Tbf rochdale have got lucky with a couple of players sold and a couple of huge sell on clauses.

That and they have stuck with the same manager (a very good one).

Got lucky !! why didn't you tell us that years ago,

I always thought it was their better management/scouting set up that attracted good youngster then an astute board sells them at good money AND extra add ons that they don't cash in on early.

Got lucky indeed , never thought of that one.

Oh well lets hope we get lucky soon !!!!!

Don't think Rochdale got lucky but it would be interesting to see what their financial position would be without the player sales on their crowds. Interestingly it's a business model around developing talent that Joe Royle employed that took us all the way to the Premier League. Makes you wonder why we are so piss poor at it these days; certainly we seem to snatch at any offer for a player that comes in.

i wonder are HMRC playing a new game and tactic with football clubs over there late/none payment of bills namely having them in court at the first opportunity for even the smallest amount ?

are they generating a paper trail so that when the big one does comes along and the club concerned cannot satisfy there debt they will have a much stronger case to put before a court ?

HMRC have set up a unit that is monitoring sports clubs closely in view of the losses they have incurred in recent years. Along with that they appear to be getting quicker at taking action.

Or perhaps they got the going rate instead of clubs knowing our 'deal' is £300k.

Nothing to see here guess I'll crawl back under my stone as advised by the club's spokesperson now the everything's ok alarm has been activated....

Many of the ones we've sold had little time left on their contracts so it was the going rate.

Archived