Winding up petition from HM Customs

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, peanuts said:

i wonder are HMRC playing a new game and tactic with football clubs over there late/none payment of bills namely having them in court at the first opportunity for even the smallest amount ?

are they generating a paper trail so that when the big one does comes along and the club concerned cannot satisfy there debt they will have a much stronger case to put before a court ?

HMRC do sometimes have issues with reconciling payments that have already been made, so its very much within the realms of possibility that they took action when they shouldn't have.

Good on the club clearing it up quick, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept it should not have been issued. Why give themselves a stick to beaten with by mentioning other clubs and trying to be competitive though? 

You can almost imagine the conversation: "there done nice and sensible, easy."

"We should mention we are skint, oh and say other clubs are too, oh and say how we spend what money we do have on the team. Should we mention low crowds and being close to the two Manchester clubs too?"

Again the 'it's not our fault' feeling comes out, "we didn't pay them on time because we have no money, and we want better players." Don't why we don't just adopt it as our motto, We Are Oldham Athletic It's Never Our Fault.

45 minutes ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

Good on the club clearing it up quick, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept it should not have been issued. Why give themselves a stick to beaten with by mentioning other clubs and trying to be competitive though? 

You can almost imagine the conversation: "there done nice and sensible, easy."

"We should mention we are skint, oh and say other clubs are too, oh and say how we spend what money we do have on the team. Should we mention low crowds and being close to the two Manchester clubs too?"

Again the 'it's not our fault' feeling comes out, "we didn't pay them on time because we have no money, and we want better players." Don't why we don't just adopt it as our motto, We Are Oldham Athletic It's Never Our Fault.

Did we definitely pay it late? 

50 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

whine after whine. Yarddog73.

Funny one that kowenicki from someone who was knocking Rochdales efforts to engage with their own fans, now if your going to knock me for pointing out the obvious flaws of our club at least have some consistency with your positivity - or is it blind faith that keeps you going.

On 20/03/2017 at 2:03 PM, AnthonyOAFC said:

On 20/03/2017 at 2:09 PM, chris_ktf said:

Finally- a well written, profressional response from the club.

Fair play.

On 20/03/2017 at 2:20 PM, Blue_Guru said:

Thought exactly the same...have they sacked someone or got someone else in? Have they finally taken Barry off the job?

On 20/03/2017 at 2:24 PM, Lags said:

Well done the club. Cleared up and dusted. Paid but a tad late.

On 20/03/2017 at 2:30 PM, Blue_Guru said:

Let's not nit pick as half decent statement for once...we do have a bunch of tools for fans like all clubs...

Top, top statement.

Would I be getting ahead of myself to say that was to statements what Brentford at home was to atmosphere? 

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Funny one that kowenicki from someone who was knocking Rochdales efforts to engage with their own fans, now if your going to knock me for pointing out the obvious flaws of our club at least have some consistency with your positivity - or is it blind faith that keeps you going.

Really? Unfortunately for you I didn't knock Dale though. Far from it. I merely said that I doubted that it would work. 

Nice try though.  Is it blind criticism of absolutely everything that keeps you going? I've met people like you... draining.

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Really? Unfortunately for you I didn't knock Dale though. Far from it. I merely said that I doubted that it would work. 

Nice try though.  Is it blind criticism of absolutely everything that keeps you going? I've met people like you... draining.

A comedian as well as a fascination for Yarddogs, its a worrying combination. You don't own a fleece do you?

9 hours ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

Been a bit harsh there. You have to respect the fact they never mentioned the Micah Richards transfer fee once. :lol:

Joking aside I thought it was a good statement

7 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

Been a bit harsh there. You have to respect the fact they never mentioned the Micah Richards transfer fee once. :lol:

Joking aside I thought it was a good statement

Maybe my only point is that they cleared the issue up in a professional way, then had to plead poverty and look for sympathy in the last paragraph or so. It just gives off a feeling of self defeatism, when it started a strong statement. I read it at first and thought wow we showing some guts here and calling out the Taxman good on them, and then to end it with the usual cry of woe was just uncalled for in my opinion. 

VOGG

That is the way SC feels at the moment, for I am sure that he wrote the statement, it has his 'vibe'. This last year or two he really has the 'Me against the world attitude when he communicates. That's not a dig at him just an observation after all regardless of ones opinion of him he has a lot of money, time, effort and emotion tied up into our club.

• 3 months later...

Meanwhile, Athletic have escaped being wound up for the third time in the High Court in London after paying an undisclosed tax debt yesterday.

Registrar Sally Barber dismissed the petition after being told the debt had been paid.

Athletic also faced a winding up petition back in June last year and May this year over other undisclosed tax debts. They were also dismissed after they paid the debt in full.

Hate to dent the optimism, but the mismanagement continues.

I am constantly amazed at the 'nothing to see' brigade who hint or explicitly say that it is fine or not at all worrying that we need to be subject to winding up petitions before paying bills.

Archived