Winding up petition from HM Customs

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement from AL on 15 August: "After a long process, there are now no remaining winding up procedures and we are working hard to clear the final old debts that the club is responsible for. In particular, there are no longer any debts owing to HMRC."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/august/15082018-statement-from-abdallah-lemsagam/

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Today wasn't it?

Do you mean the court date?

i think it was today and it has to be heard to officially dismiss or grant the action

I have not heard anything but I haven't been monitoring it either. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So I take it everyone was paid last month as we havent had any nasty rumours?

Are we now starting to come out the other side of these problems? and any lingering debts involving winding up petitions are now behind us. This is a very good thing if true.

It looks like it and the club really does seem to be giving off a good vibe at the moment, tidying up the ground with a lick of paint, new signage in place, club seems to be listening and taking on fans concerns, manager/assistant  who wears their heart on his sleeve and have a genuine affection for us, a chairman who pays the bills and won't stand for any shit from pretentious players, eighth in the table with home crowds on the up....

It finally feels like we are getting our club back and for those concerned there wasn't a plan it's plain to see we are heading in the right direction.

:applause1:Keep up the good work Abdallah. :chubb:

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It looks like it and the club really does seem to be giving off a good vibe at the moment, tidying up the ground with a lick of paint, new signage in place, club seems to be listening and taking on fans concerns, manager/assistant  who wears their heart on his sleeve and have a genuine affection for us, a chairman who pays the bills and won't stand for any shit from pretentious players, eighth in the table with home crowds on the up....

It finally feels like we are getting our club back and for those concerned there wasn't a plan it's plain to see we are heading in the right direction.

:applause1:Keep up the good work Abdallah. :chubb:

Slowly slowly...?

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Slowly slowly...?

Indeed I had alot of concern about where the club was going over the summer. A relegation, a couple of articles in national newspapers, plus a huge number of redundancies at the club it was natrual to be concerned about what was going on. However we have made a good start to the season and we have a squad which I dont think is the best in the division is certainly competitive.

We haven't gone for any vanity signings such as a Menig just good players who will compete at this level and who may challenge for promotion. Hopefully no shitstorms off the pitch either, I will take that for now.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The ship has tended to hit rocky ground come Halloween time in recent years so we shall see what happens then...

Yeah let’s just wait for something negative so we can bitch and moan again. Ignore any good stuff please. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah let’s just wait for something negative so we can bitch and moan again. Ignore any good stuff please. Thank you. 

Nobody is bitching.

Soz for not getting the cans in because they managed to pay the wages on time for once.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Nobody is bitching.

Soz for not getting the cans in because they managed to pay the wages on time for once.

It's more than that though and I for one have been critical when the club has got things wrong in the past, they've acknowledged that and are going some way to repairing things, give some credit where it's due, as for Moiseley he was Corneys puppet so it's hardly suprising he was considered surplus to requirements. 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's more than that though and I for one have been critical when the club has got things wrong in the past, they've acknowledged that and are going some way to repairing things, give some credit where it's due, as for Moiseley he was Corneys puppet so it's hardly suprising he was considered surplus to requirements. 

Yes, there are certainly signs that we are getting back to approaching being normal.

Still think a chief executive departing with no acknowledgement is a bit odd.

Archived