Lee Johnson...

I'd be surprised if they sacked him now. Yet again he seems to be favoured by his chairman. If he was going to get rid he'd have got rid of him when they were on that really bad run.relatively they have improved over the past month or so.

The man has talked a big game through his relatively short career so far. 

But talk counts for nothing. His reputation is disintegrating week in week out. 

I can't help but take a bit of satisfaction out of his plight - even though I should probably rise above that. But I won't. 

Shez is 100 times the right manager for my club than he was. 

5 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Clubs are loathe to sack him - at Barnsley he had a £500k pay off built into his deal. Hard to believe there wouldnt be at least that at Brizzle, explains why he seems to get longer than most when on a shit run...

It could be that if you've got your cynical head on, but I'd posit that it's probably a case of Bristol having an idyllic vision. A club grows under the guidance of a young ex-player with a gift of the gab and a love for the club spearheading their promotion to the Premier League, having been present as they did up their ground in preparation. Sounds nice, anyway...

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Lags said:

I hear the dwarf has bought a £450 bottle of wine to sip with Mourinho. The pretentious prick.

I shared (with a table full of people) this summer a magnum of a rather nice claret that retails at £3,500 for an ordinary size bottle.  It was very nice.  The person that provided it (doubtless having bought it many years ago) knows their wine on a very professional level and can well afford it.  She described it as "red and wet"; no pretentions there.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I shared (with a table full of people) this summer a magnum of a rather nice claret that retails at £3,500 for an ordinary size bottle.  It was very nice.  The person that provided it (doubtless having bought it many years ago) knows their wine on a very professional level and can well afford it.  She described it as "red and wet"; no pretentions there.

Except of courses that somehow you were made aware that it costs £3500 a bottle? 

9 minutes ago, Magister said:

Except of courses that somehow you were made aware that it costs £3500 a bottle? 

Because I knew the name and the person well enough to know that t was way out of my usual league - so I looked it up.  The person has way too much class to bring it up.

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I don’t get the Johnson haters, did a good job here, I wish him well. He has done amazing at all the clubs he’s managed and turned some very difficult times around. He has taken better jobs each time, who can blame him. Good luck to him I say.

Seconded