Lee Johnson...

Johnson will take Bristol City to the premiership unless a better option comes along.  He is without doubt focussed primarily on his own future and a great publicist.  What was the first thing I heard this morning when the alarm woke me up - Lee Johnson's men........

The good thing and why I wanted him to take the long road here is that his success is based on the success of the teams he manages and he is proving to be very good at that.

In Richie Wellens I see another possibility, if he stays long enough and gets the support from whoever owns the club, but don't be surprised if he leaves when a better option presents itself.

15 minutes ago, Hands on said:

In Richie Wellens I see another possibility, if he stays long enough and gets the support from whoever owns the club, but don't be surprised if he leaves when a better option presents itself.

Not done LJ no harm but can the same be said for Shez who thought he'd been presented a better offer but ended up back here in no time, in the end I think LJ cottoned onto the fact that we were going nowhere under Corney and it would be in his best interests to move on whilst his stock was relatively high, he is a bit self absorbed and a great publicist too but he's playing the game and saying what he needs to say, a bit of a billy bullshiter in laymans terms but its done him no harm.

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

Sky Sports just said something along the lines of "Bristol is the biggest city never to be represented in the top flight of English football".

The really do think the game itself was invented in 1992.

The commentary was shocking in general. 

The best bit was him saying "due to lack of resources Bristol City have had to start 10 of the 11 players who played in their last game"

No concept of that just being their team and them being quite eager to win.

They're one of the richest, best run clubs in the Championship and he was talking about them as if they were a conference side living hand to mouth. 

Is it always like that? 

On 20/12/2017 at 3:35 AM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Future England manager.

Best manager this club has had since Royle no doubt.

Yes, sky’s attitude towards non top 4 teams is universal.

straight after the goal the commentator said something along the lines of “well no matter what happens to Bristol City.... try we’re winning the game..”

although I remember the great Barry Davies saying exactly the sane thing just after Earl Barrett had put us in front at Maine Road in 1990. 

So so pleased when Korey scored that winner fuck off united, fuck off Sky...

7 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Sky Sports just said something along the lines of "Bristol is the biggest city never to be represented in the top flight of English football".

The really do think the game itself was invented in 1992.

I think it's true isn't it? They have never been in top flight.

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think it's true isn't it? They have never been in top flight.

14 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Late 1970s.

Norman Hunter and Joe Royle.  Peter Cormack and Ian Garland.

10 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

They were in top flight as long ago as 1906! 

1906 - 1911

1976 - 1980

I used a new fangled  facility called the internet to find this out... try it, it’s amazing?