the coward CalvinAndrew ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

This is relevant because?

If you want to give me £100, I'll give you 10/1 it won't happen. 

Bit stingy that, if they had their £100 with Bet 365 it would return £341,700 for the double.

16/1 Dale top 6

200/1 Latics to be relegated.

3416/1 for the double.

Edited by yarddog73

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bit stingy that, if they had their £100 with Bet 365 it would return £341,700 for the double.

16/1 Dale top 6

200/1 Latics to be relegated.

3416/1 for the double.

There you go, just shows you how unlikely it is.  Get your money on it disjointed. 

It isn't in doubt that Andrew is an unpleasant chap but I don't want to see us drop to his level with potentially serious consequences.

Three points for Oldham, chance to continue this half season's progress next year in this division- looking up not down- will do fine.

Killing off Dale's playoff chances and preventing Andrew getting a sizable pay rise in the championship will be a nice bonus.

9 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

It isn't in doubt that Andrew is an unpleasant chap but I don't want to see us drop to his level with potentially serious consequences.

Three points for Oldham, chance to continue this half season's progress next year in this division- looking up not down- will do fine.

Killing off Dale's playoff chances and preventing Andrew getting a sizable pay rise in the championship will be a nice bonus.

Can't upvote anymore today, but this is spot on.

22 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

One last hurrah for Crofty then

3 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Yes - all quite sensible and correct, this is the correct way to view things.

BUT

Sometimes irrational hatred, petty revenge, focused maliciousness can be so much fun!  and fk-it  this is football, this is the local, this is season on the line for both teams, this is good v cowardly evil, this is ice station zebra, this is revenge,  THIS IS OLDHAM!

:boxer:   

this-is-sparta-meme-this-is-madness-this-is-ice-station-zebra.jpg

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

This is relevant because?

If you want to give me £100, I'll give you 10/1 it won't happen. 

It's relevant because the Bradford fan said "congrats on staying up", which isn't home and hosed yet, he also said he loved coming to Oldham it might not happen next season.

Just to put the record straight, Calvin Andrew is not an unpleasant chap, and what he did to Clarke was completely out of character.  He very rarely even gets booked.  So I don't know what provoked him although his assault on Clarke was indefensible and Dale fans are in agreement with that.  A very entertaining game which saw us well on top in the first half. We really should have scored a second whilst we were on top, unfortunately it wasn't the case and we went into the second half with too much complacency and silly errors which resulted in us conceding.  However, apart from that goal, our keeper never really looked threatened all game. The substitution of Keane, Bunney and Andrew were apparently due to injuries and didn't help us at all.  Well done for keeping your League 1 status and I think you will do well next season if Sheridan continues to build on the success he has had so far.  Look forward to the next time. 

2 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

Just to put the record straight, Calvin Andrew is not an unpleasant chap, and what he did to Clarke was completely out of character.  He very rarely even gets booked.  So I don't know what provoked him although his assault on Clarke was indefensible and Dale fans are in agreement with that.  A very entertaining game which saw us well on top in the first half. We really should have scored a second whilst we were on top, unfortunately it wasn't the case and we went into the second half with too much complacency and silly errors which resulted in us conceding.  However, apart from that goal, our keeper never really looked threatened all game. The substitution of Keane, Bunney and Andrew were apparently due to injuries and didn't help us at all.  Well done for keeping your League 1 status and I think you will do well next season if Sheridan continues to build on the success he has had so far.  Look forward to the next time. 

For the record Calvin Andrew is a dirty piece of work who assaulted a fellow professional, seems pretty unpleasant to me.

3 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

Just to put the record straight, Calvin Andrew is not an unpleasant chap, and what he did to Clarke was completely out of character.  He very rarely even gets booked.  So I don't know what provoked him although his assault on Clarke was indefensible and Dale fans are in agreement with that. 

Whatever provoked him....

He ran about 15 yards to do it. Never a moment of clarity when he thought maybe this isn't a good idea. Nice guy indeed.

2 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

'Calvin Andrew, he smacks who he wants'

Sure.

Not 'smacks who he wants" it was 'tw*ts who he wants'.  I didn't join in with that btw. No excuses for what he did.  However he behaved impeccably today like the usual Calvin. The reason he got his 12 match ban reduced to 9 matches was apparently because Clarke put in a good word for him.  Like I said, well done for getting the draw, and glad you're staying up. 

3 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

Not 'smacks who he wants" it was 'tw*ts who he wants'.  I didn't join in with that btw. No excuses for what he did.  However he behaved impeccably today like the usual Calvin. The reason he got his 12 match ban reduced to 9 matches was apparently because Clarke put in a good word for him.  Like I said, well done for getting the draw, and glad you're staying up. 

Much better.

Clearly you don't support his actions and your well wishes are sincere but there are plenty of Rochdale fans who clearly condone his actions. 

Anyway, see you next season. The more needle the better for this fixture. :wink:

13 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

as far as chanting goes, I don't think we have any room to talk .. some of our faithful can twist the proverbial knife at times ... in fact someone in main stand upper woke up long enough to REALLY have a pop at him when he was subbed.

I think we need to remember that our skipper is as much a true professional as he is a hard nut who knows every trick in the book ( I'm not saying he wound him up, but he's not scared at giving his opinion out to a player who he thinks has gone a little too far!) 

it's great when we have decent derby games with our local rivals - come on, who doesn't miss Stockport and Tranmere? .. yeah, it was nice to silence the digs about Dale getting promoted AND relegating us at ISZ, but who seriously wouldn't enjoy winding said fans up if we were in their position .. 

If that's correct about Clarke putting a word in, then good! who knows they may have enjoyed a beer in the lounge today after the game - he's probably the type of player that puts games down as "it's all in the past" and cracks on with what is required on the day.

Good luck to Dale IF you manage to get a playoff slot, but then again I'll look forward to the 2 games next season more! ... looks like Blackburn are joining us too ... 

simply put .... 

for a fan, there's nothing better than bragging rights at a derby!

Edited by thetramfixer

Yep, I will be happy if Blackburn and Wigan come down, with Oldham and Bury staying up.  Great to have so many northern teams to play against. I don't know any Rochdale fans who condone Calvin's actions to be honest.  Just a few kids trying to provoke you today. Calvin is a very popular player and his behaviour towards Clarke was outrageous and totally out of character. If Henderson or Lund had done that then we would have been less surprised!  You did well in the second half with your change of tactics.  We were running around like headless chickens at one point.  We still have a very slight chance of playoffs but nobody is expecting us to get there and we will be well happy if we finish 7th or 8th. It's been a good season for us.