the coward CalvinAndrew ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Dalefan2 said:

Just to put the record straight, Calvin Andrew is not an unpleasant chap, and what he did to Clarke was completely out of character.  He very rarely even gets booked.  So I don't know what provoked him although his assault on Clarke was indefensible and Dale fans are in agreement with that.  A very entertaining game which saw us well on top in the first half. We really should have scored a second whilst we were on top, unfortunately it wasn't the case and we went into the second half with too much complacency and silly errors which resulted in us conceding.  However, apart from that goal, our keeper never really looked threatened all game. The substitution of Keane, Bunney and Andrew were apparently due to injuries and didn't help us at all.  Well done for keeping your League 1 status and I think you will do well next season if Sheridan continues to build on the success he has had so far.  Look forward to the next time. 

"Calvin Andrew is not an unpleasant chap, and what he did to Clarke was completely out of character "

He's a good husband really, he only hits me when he's drunk or when I upset him.

13 hours ago, rosa said:

To be fair we were singing about someone deliberately running over a bunch of people in Rochdale. 

I was talking about that at work the other week with the whole Westminster attacks. No one had heard of it, had to pull it up on Bing*.

* Googled it really. Just wanted to sound edgy. 

22 hours ago, Dalefan2 said:

Just to put the record straight, Calvin Andrew is not an unpleasant chap, and what he did to Clarke was completely out of character.  He very rarely even gets booked.  So I don't know what provoked him although his assault on Clarke was indefensible and Dale fans are in agreement with that.  A very entertaining game which saw us well on top in the first half. We really should have scored a second whilst we were on top, unfortunately it wasn't the case and we went into the second half with too much complacency and silly errors which resulted in us conceding.  However, apart from that goal, our keeper never really looked threatened all game. The substitution of Keane, Bunney and Andrew were apparently due to injuries and didn't help us at all.  Well done for keeping your League 1 status and I think you will do well next season if Sheridan continues to build on the success he has had so far.  Look forward to the next time. 

Getting patted on the head by a Rochdale fan for staying up. Kill me now. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Getting patted on the head by a Rochdale fan for staying up. Kill me now. 

I couldn't get on board with singing about staying up or staying down unless we'd mathematically screwed them during the game. Otherwise I'd keep quiet about it. Can't blame our kids who were born in the division like.

Guest davidshaw

talking of provocative chants - recall about 1800 Latics fans stood up at Tranmere one season (first game away from memory) singing to Ian Moore about the "hand habits" of his father and that his mother was apparently a "working girl". It went on all game very loud - I didn't like it tbh - don't mind a bit of provocation but you could see the player was visibly upset - as I would be if someone said that about my mum and dad.

1 hour ago, davidshaw said:

talking of provocative chants - recall about 1800 Latics fans stood up at Tranmere one season (first game away from memory) singing to Ian Moore about the "hand habits" of his father and that his mother was apparently a "working girl". It went on all game very loud - I didn't like it tbh - don't mind a bit of provocation but you could see the player was visibly upset - as I would be if someone said that about my mum and dad.

Haha you need to stop drinking. Visibly upset? Give over!  He was big enough to tell oldham fans to fuck off when at Tranmere away so big enough to take it back. 

7 hours ago, davidshaw said:

What a fuckin girl.

Out of interest, Have you seen this weeks 'this week at Latics'? You know the bit at the end where people keep kicking Footballs at him? Do you find that funny or dangerous and immature..?

Guest davidshaw
6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

What a fuckin girl.

Out of interest, Have you seen this weeks 'this week at Latics'? You know the bit at the end where people keep kicking Footballs at him? Do you find that funny or dangerous and immature..?

Jeez - you must be dead 'ard - fuck off you pathetic cunt.

Guest davidshaw
3 hours ago, leeslover said:

Do you think being female is a bad thing?

3 hours ago, rosa said:

Are you tough enough to be a girl? Do you have the warmth and depth to be a cunt? Ask yourself. 

With the greatest respect, it wasn't me who insinuated being a girl was a "soft" thing - so your comments should be directed elsewhere.

I apologised for my lapse in language.

On 4/30/2017 at 1:37 AM, adamoafc said:

Haha you need to stop drinking. Visibly upset? Give over!  He was big enough to tell oldham fans to fuck off when at Tranmere away so big enough to take it back. 

tbh think he was reveling in it and using it to boost him rather like the way  a certain ex con striker we had at the time dealt with the constant "muderer " chants  & used them to boost him as millwall found 

• 6 months later...

Been watching Dale since 1985 and the Calvin/Clarke episode is still the most baffling and indefensible incident I've witnessed. I say this because he gets kicked to buggery nearly every game and never retaliates. He's one of the last off the pitch and is one of those always available for school visits etc. Basically, that mad couple of seconds apart, he's been a model professional since he's been with us and is still highly regarded by the fans despite his dismal goal record.

In general, our form's been pretty ropy. Recently, we've become hard to beat but the table doesn't lie. Keith Hill's made some indifferent acquisitions which hasn't helped. The only plus is that we're financially solvent for at least the next two or three years and it's in the fans' DNA to accept this as OK. Low expectations I know... but there you go.

A draw would be most welcome as would an eff off from Harry Bosch.