Other Teams' Retained Lists

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Not clear to me why we would want anyone that has  been released by a league one club that failed to get promoted or reach the play offs.

Aye, no idea why we go for players like Peter Clarke. 

Or Anthony Gerrard. 

Or Curtis Main. 

Especially as we can easily afford Championship wages. The average is only 10x that we pay in L1. 

3 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Matt Done would do, it's not worked out for him at a big club but worth a punt for us surely.

Thought this myself, but he cost a million for Sheffield.

Obviously they won't be selling him for that much but they'll be looking to recoup some money surely.

57 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Thought this myself, but he cost a million for Sheffield.

Obviously they won't be selling him for that much but they'll be looking to recoup some money surely.

I thought ghostof was using a play on words and not being serious, Done/Punt. Either that or this OWTB shit is making me think a bit too deeply into peoples posts.

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I thought ghostof was using a play on words and not being serious, Done/Punt. Either that or this OWTB shit is making me think a bit too deeply into peoples posts.

I'm not that clever mate! Genuine post, I think if we could get Matt Done it might be a good gamble

23 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Suspect Done may return to Dale with some of Hogan money. £300,000 was mentioned (told a possibility about 6 weeks ago depending on blades outcome.) but dont claim to know just told by someone linked to blades.

Hogan money or not, I can't see Rochdale paying 300k for a player ever

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Whilst I would agree historically Dale also a fourth division club. More chance than latics at the moment? Curious why you think that as I keep being reminded they are on fringe of play offs out performed us for several years, own the ground ?, have a few million from good transfer business. The Sheffield source told be about Lafferty signing, asked about Wilson and told me Flynn was heading our way so no reason to question hes genuine. (Son of a director)  

It's not even a case of being patronising. They just do things a different way at Rochdale. Money probably gets ploughed into the youth set up. It's all about sustainability, given they know they're not a big club and won't ever get crowds that can make them competitive higher up.

Why would they spend 300k on a 28 year old with no resale value when they've got literally no precedent for that sort of thing?

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/retained-list.-3712258.aspx

Aidy White
Callum Evans
Ryan Williams
Lewin Nyatanga
Matty Templeton
James Carvell
Jake Charles
Jack Cowgill
Omari Patrick
George Proctor

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/retained-list.-3712258.aspx#Yoksm0Dxgc3PGYpx.99

I would love to see Aidy White return, proper left back. Can't believe he's only 25 - seems ages ago that he was here.

If we're looking at left backs, I'd certainly go for Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill, released by Swindon. He's far too good for League 2, very good defender and likes to get forward and put crosses in. Just don't buy a shirt with his name on it; it'll cost a fortune. 

On a side note, I'm wondering how the kid I saw at Wimbledon is going to get rid of his "Jamie Reckord 3" away shirt, poor little sod.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

If we're looking at left backs, I'd certainly go for Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill, released by Swindon. He's far too good for League 2, very good defender and likes to get forward and put crosses in. Just don't buy a shirt with his name on it; it'll cost a fortune. 

On a side note, I'm wondering how the kid I saw at Wimbledon is going to get rid of his "Jamie Reckord 3" away shirt, poor little sod.

Could just have a shirt printed with his initials....BOO.

53 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Reece Wabara released from Notlob

Connor Wilkinson can talk to other clubs.

No mention of Taylor is he still in contract? 

released

Liam Trotter

Lewis Buxton

Tom Walker. 

Jordan Slew released from Plymouth cost Blackburn £1 million once no wonder in trouble.

Did like wilkinson but he certainly hasn't kicked on. Not followed his career enough to know if that lack of opportunity or just another young wasted talent...Wabara always struck me as half decent going forward but not great defensively.

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Reece Wabara released from Notlob

Connor Wilkinson can talk to other clubs.

No mention of Taylor is he still in contract? 

released

Liam Trotter

Lewis Buxton

Tom Walker. 

Jordan Slew released from Plymouth cost Blackburn £1 million once no wonder in trouble.

Taylor has a year left on his Bolton contract.