Other Teams' Retained Lists

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The Barnsley lads won't be returning to this division, I'd be happy enough with either of the keepers.

Rubbish, if he isn't good enough for Burton he almost certainly isn't good enough for us :D

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He maybe a midfielder but I would suggest 97 appearances and just 2 goals would not help solve our goal drought!

He's a very good player, type Sheridan likes who looks after the ball.

Saw him a couple of years ago and thought he could play for most Championship teams.

We would be fortunate to get a player of such calibre.

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The Barnsley lads won't be returning to this division, I'd be happy enough with either of the keepers.

It's only a couple of years or so ago that Marley Watkins was playing for Bath City. Next thing I knew, he was up in the Scottish Premiership. Which probably equates to Barnsley. Still, you never say never. But you're probably right.

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Saw him a couple of years ago and thought he could play for most Championship teams.

Maybe I'm wrong then!

No idea if he's reliable or not but:

Mick Weston

@ElitePlayerRep

Contrary to several reports linking Jack Price to Shrewsbury, Oldham and Rotherham. Only enquiry I'm aware of is Brentford. #salop #oafc

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Express and Star reckon Wolves have a one year option on him and will want a fee 

Is it just me or does the whole football pyramid seem more of a journeyman league than it did 10 years ago?

It seems that every time i look at a club's team sheet it begs the question "when did <insert name> sign for them?"

Short term contracts and player reps are killing my brain

16 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Is it just me or does the whole football pyramid seem more of a journeyman league than it did 10 years ago?

It seems that every time i look at a club's team sheet it begs the question "when did <insert name> sign for them?"

Short term contracts and player reps are killing my brain

Its because the premier league & increaingly the championship hoard scores of players that - in years gone by - would've been making themselves a name & living in the lower leagues.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

B@stard Rovers have released Jason Lowe..... I liked the look of him when we had him loan, although that feels like yonks ago now..... and we've got enough RB's......

I'd have thought that was purely down to money. He was captain last year and played the majority of their games and a lot in central midfield.  I think he signed a 5 year contract in 2012 when they were still relatively flush so its likely that whatever he was on then they can't or don't want to  afford now.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Might be worth inviting him in for a trial..... he had a little purple patch on loan at Brizzle Rovers and Shrewsbury one year didn't he......?!?

No harm in a trial, but he's 26 and has had one good season in his career (and that was 2012/13). I wouldn't be expecting much.

8 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Ipswich release Giles Coke and Jonathon Douglas two good players for our level and experienced 

No idea why but Jonathan Douglas has Bradford written all over him.

He'll go to a top end club at this level, minimum. May even catch in the Championship still.