• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, bozman said:

According to today's Chron we are after Stephen Dawson from Scunthorpe.

He has turned down their contract offer and several clubs are interested in him.

one of which is Bury according to the Scunny Telegraph

20 minutes ago, bozman said:

According to today's Chron we are after Stephen Dawson from Scunthorpe.

He has turned down their contract offer and several clubs are interested in him.

Had a cracking season for them apparently and a proper leader.

That said, they pay highly so I'd be amazed if we could significantly better them.

24 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Had a cracking season for them apparently and a proper leader.

That said, they pay highly so I'd be amazed if we could significantly better them.

There is a suggestion they paid highly in the season just gone with the intention of going up but won't be doing so next year. They also have a new stadium to pay for.

Same bloke on the Bury forum who knew about Beckford signing before he did, reckons Dawson to them is a Cert.

I read something about Scunny missing the deadline to trigger his automatic contract extension by 1 day and their fans are up in arms about it.

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Same bloke on the Bury forum who knew about Beckford signing before he did, reckons Dawson to them is a Cert.

I read something about Scunny missing the deadline to trigger his automatic contract extension by 1 day and their fans are up in arms about it.

I think if they take up their option they have to do so on the previously agreed terms. By letting it lapse it means they can offer him a lower deal which may have been what has happened.

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

The Theo Vassell we already had? That would be an odd choice.

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Haven't we already binned him once?

Indeed,

Someone checked it wasn't Kyle.

He went on loan to Chorley, then free transfer to Walsall but they loaned him out to Chester.

Odd indeed.

9 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Do we ever sign players this early on?  I would think we can probably safely ignore any rumours on new signings for a little while yet.

Probably the case. Shez only came back in off his holibobs today. Unless, of course, he already had them earmarked in readiness.