27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Youd assume it nonsense then..... if there is one position we don't need more players in, it's centre back.

We didn't need a rightback at the start of last season but somehow ended up with about eight and not one average leftback.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Apols if this has been done already, however I missed it.....

#Salop #OAFC and #RotherhamUnited are looking at Aaron Pierre of Wycombe 
#Chairboys #Shrewsbury #Oldham

....does he play left back?

Literally every linked player, is us and Shrewsbury. I will only believe them when we are linked without Shrews

2 hours ago, youngen said:

Literally every linked player, is us and Shrewsbury. I will only believe them when we are linked without Shrews

More Shrewsbury links, take your pick;

http://www.shropshirelive.com/2017/05/16/rumour-has-it-who-has-been-linked-with-a-move-to-shrewsbury-town/

Edited by BP1960

18 hours ago, bozman said:

I don't think the biggest issue here is the loans that Bury FC have been taking out.  If those were getting out of hand  they'd be in breach of FFP and the football league wouldn't allow them to continue on this spending spree.

The main issue is the loans their owner is taking out in the names of his network of companies, which are secured against the ground and  gifted to the football club. By doing it this way he avoids the FFP restrictions.

I don't think anyone would argue that the football club alone could afford to pay the wages it pays from it's income.

The issue is that he can't currently afford this. If he could he wouldn't have to borrow the money at extortionate rates of interest. So he's gambling that either Bury get promoted quickly or his businesses  make a lot of money pretty quickly. One or both might happen, but if they don't he's in trouble and the ground will get repossessed. 

What happens if they get promoted? They will need bigger loans to pay the wages.

45 minutes ago, al_bro said:

What happens if they get promoted? They will need bigger loans to pay the wages.

Fair point. His gamble then only works if he decides to uses some of the extra revenue to pay the debts off and the club start to live within their means again. He doesn't seem like the sort of bloke who'd do that though. More likely to try to borrow even more for  tilt at promotion to the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I thought the thread title referred to rumours about Latics signings, not what's happening at Bury.

If what is currently happening at Bury continues, then there will be no Latics signings. There will be nobody left!

5 hours ago, al_bro said:

Well aren't they making noises about a new stadium?  If So I can see them taking out some much bigger loans to fund that.

On the surface of it they appear to being quite reckless. However Day maybe paying these loans off. Who knows.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

14 May 2017 17:37:10
Oldham have offered a contract to departing Ipswich midfielder Jonathan Douglas (Source: Ipswich Voice)

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I'd be delighted with that ?

Knocking on but doesn't seem to miss many if you look at his stats - 59 games in 2 years in the Championship isn't bad given his age. 

A year or two more out of him back at our level seems feasible and he's exactly the kind of midfielder we need. 

I'd be happy with this if it isn't just more bollocks..

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Knocking on but doesn't seem to miss many if you look at his stats - 59 games in 2 years in the Championship isn't bad given his age. 

A year or two more out of him back at our level seems feasible and he's exactly the kind of midfielder we need. 

I'd be happy with this if it isn't just more bollocks..

Hmmm...... always considered Douglas combative, as opposed to cute on the ball. Therefore I'm not sure I see the difference from Green... and we've got Fane?

I was secretly hoping Shez might find us another young ball playing gem from League 2 as opposed to a fading stone from the Champ.

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hmmm...... always considered Douglas combative, as opposed to cute on the ball. Therefore I'm not sure I see the difference from Green... and we've got Fane?

I was secretly hoping Shez might find us another young ball playing gem from League 2 as opposed to a fading stone from the Champ.

He puts a shift in but more of a brain than Green surely? 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Shez himself was a fading stone in the Conference when he saved us from relegation! (The first of  many times)

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Shez himself was a fading stone in the Conference when he saved us from relegation! (The first of  many times)

See below....

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

He puts a shift in but more of a brain than Green surely? 

Maybe.... but surely we don't want 2 mid 30 year old centre mids.....?

12 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Give me Douglas any day. If we signed him it would be a great coup. Excellent midfielder. If we didnt sign him because we have "i can tackle but cant play football" Fane Id want Shez sacked (and that is something I never want to happen)