New signing - Dan Gardner

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

In before "Played in a relegated Chesterfield team" , etc

Take no notice if that, he's been part of some very succesful teams, albiet at a lower level. We just need him to be part of a succesful team here 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Take no notice if that, he's been part of some very succesful teams, albiet at a lower level. We just need him to be part of a succesful team here 

Possibly one of those players who looks poor in a struggling team, looks good in a form team?

27 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=60361&st=0

Ollie Banks Mk.II by the looks of it

Gardner is a flair player, has more pace going forward though than Banks and if played correctly will score more goals.

Banks improved immemsley under Shez and I think he can bring out the best in Gardner.

Edited by BP1960

Myself and BP1960 will be fairly happy...

Lovely player to watch when he's in his pomp. Languid and makes the game look easy. Fine passer and has a ferocious shot - he'll score a few screamers if he's here for two years. Late runs into the box are a feature of his game as well.

He'll have his critics given the nature of his play, and I don't know how well he's fared at this level for Chesterfield but I'm sure he's technically more than capable.

Edited by NewBlue

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Lovely player to watch when he's in his pomp. Languid and makes the game look easy. Fine passer and has a ferocious shot - he'll score a few screamers if he's here for two years. Late runs into the box are a feature of his game as well.

He'll have his critics given the nature of his play, and I don't know how well he's fared at this level for Chesterfield but I'm sure he's technically more than capable.

Cutting in from the left and unleashing piledrivers is a feature of his game, I think Fane will work well with him, allowing  Gardner the freedom to express himself.  

10 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Languid never goes down well on here....... it's seen as a euphemism for lazy

33 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

You'd think Shez would let him play a lot more than the likes of Danny Wilson & Dean Saunders...  

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

A trio of his typical goals on here;

Cracker in there from a certain jon Worthington! 

Always looked half decent to me Gardner. Looks the kinda player who gets his head down and drives which we only saw glimpses of last season.

5 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Cracker in there from a certain jon Worthington! 

Always looked half decent to me Gardner. Looks the kinda player who gets his head down and drives which we only saw glimpses of last season.

Head down and drives is a good description as surging runs are what he's about. He's not renowned for tracking back though. That's why I think it's essential Fane covers for him.

Edited by BP1960