New signing - Dan Gardner

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=60361&st=0

Ollie Banks Mk.II by the looks of it*

* They were right on their opinions of banks, but I think Shez will get the best out of Gardner

That's a pretty unanimous good riddance from the supportees of the team that were relegated. First impression I'm a little underwhelmed by this signing, then again I was initially underwelmed by the signing of Matty Palmer and like Palmer I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

From the Chesterfield forum "Sheridan must have been on a bender when he offered him 2 years! Bye bye Dan thanks for 4 memorable games in 3 years..."

welcome home Carl ?

Seriously, i am strangely happy with this. There is always an element of "he was crap anyway" when a player moves on.

Didnt he play in the pivotal Peter Clark  injury time winner epic? I seem to recall Roy being bemused when Chesterfield took off their best player.

19 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

From the Chesterfield forum "Sheridan must have been on a bender when he offered him 2 years! Bye bye Dan thanks for 4 memorable games in 3 years..."

Christ - that's more than we've had as a club?

4 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Christ - that's more than we've had as a club?

When my wife and I split up many years ago, Carl Spiers asked me how i was going. I told him that i was dating someone nearly half my age. He replied "Feck me, you would be lucky to get someone twice your age you ugly twat."

Still makes me laugh to this day.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm increasingly fascinated by this signing. It's fair to say he hasn't shone in league football so far. But good management is about bringing the best out of players, and there's lots of chat that there is something exciting to bring out of Dan Gardner. Fingers crossed.