27 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Can someone please break this down in a clear to understand format. Just how many games are we on live on this thing?

My understanding is,
It will cost you £110 for the season package (£2.39 per game) which i presume includes interviews and highlights etc.
During the season all 46 League Games should be available for you to watch- unless they are selected by SkySports then IFollow can't broadcast it.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

My understanding is,
It will cost you £110 for the season package (£2.39 per game) which i presume includes interviews and highlights etc.
During the season all 46 League Games should be available for you to watch- unless they are selected by SkySports then IFollow can't broadcast it.

Jesus, I hadn't seen that, that is amajor price hike. Might have to reconsider.

Phew its £45. IIRC is was around £40

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Edited by singe

Just now, singe said:

Jesus, I hadn't seen that, that is amajor price hike. Might have to reconsider.

Two packages- the package we normally had which was, what, £5 a month? and the big package for people abroad- the live coverage isn't available for people based in the UK (Unless you have a VPN) 

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Two packages- the package we normally had which was, what, £5 a month? and the big package for people abroad- the live coverage isn't available for people based in the UK (Unless you have a VPN) 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I think your getting confused with Latics player ? This is for overseas fans to watch the full 90 mins live. Which I think is great for them and would be a must have if I were exiled 

Cheers guys.

So Kodi could be quite useful...?

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Depends if anyone is up for live streaming it via screen capture of their ifollow stream 

If anyone would do this I will buy them several beers whenever they visit the UK! Only bothered about away games but would be very handy for anyone without season tickets too I'm sure.

So we need someone outside of the UK willing to illegally livestream every game in order to get Visibility via kodi?? Haha no chance of that then.

what is this VPN solution if i were to get the IFollow full package myself whilst being based in the Uk? 

9 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

If anyone would do this I will buy them several beers whenever they visit the UK! Only bothered about away games but would be very handy for anyone without season tickets too I'm sure.

The whole point of not being able to stream matches live in the UK is not to discourage people from buying a season ticket and actually attending.

14 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

The whole point of not being able to stream matches live in the UK is not to discourage people from buying a season ticket and actually attending.

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/

"Why do fans in the UK and Republic of Ireland not have the same access to iFollow as international fans?

Under the EFL’s existing broadcast agreement with Sky Sports clubs are unable to offer fans in the UK or Republic of Ireland the same access to iFollow as international fans."

The whole point of not streaming to the UK is because Sky own the rights to football in the UK and say the EFL cannot live stream it. Nothing to do with the fans.

10 minutes ago, youngen said:

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/

"Why do fans in the UK and Republic of Ireland not have the same access to iFollow as international fans?

Under the EFL’s existing broadcast agreement with Sky Sports clubs are unable to offer fans in the UK or Republic of Ireland the same access to iFollow as international fans."

The whole point of not streaming to the UK is because Sky own the rights to football in the UK and say the EFL cannot live stream it. Nothing to do with the fans.

So why don't Sky offer a paid streaming service to UK FL fans for 3pm games?

13 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

So why don't Sky offer a paid streaming service to UK FL fans for 3pm games?

Cos they dont you have you in marketing with genius ideas! And that would distract people from watching their beloved Prem

Wifes brother lives in Sydney, im going to get him to buy Ifollow for me, he gives me login, password jazz and I should have no problem watching the games then??  Live in N.Ireland.

Flying over for Oxford, 75 quid Flybe, not bad.

2 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Wifes brother lives in Sydney, im going to get him to buy Ifollow for me, he gives me login, password jazz and I should have no problem watching the games then??  Live in N.Ireland.

Unless they also check your IP for location, in which case it won't work unless you use a VPN.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe the EFL feel it will reduce attendances.

It's a broadcasting rule enforced by Ofcom dating back to the 1960s which states that no live football may be shown on British television between the hours of 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday. Blame Bob Lord basically.

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

It's a broadcasting rule enforced by Ofcom dating back to the 1960s which states that no live football may be shown on British television between the hours of 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday. Blame Bob Lord basically.

And I totally agree with it. For one.

There are many articles on the internet about the 3pm blackout. Sadly, they mostly are heavily weighted in bias of "scrap it" and pandering to the notion that the Premiership is the everything and sod the little clubs. This is the least biased one I could find...but explains why it exists...

http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/scurtin/premier-leagues-3pm-blackout-explained/

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

He did introduce the heated stand though.

Having said that I've seen plenty of hot air spouted in our own main stand.

Edited by BP1960