The repeated overtalk and music during half time is as annoying as having teeth pulled. but worse than that is the dreadful commentator for some  games. We never know which half our players are in , which team  has the ball, who has been passed the ball   He never knows the names of even our own players and we can never follow the game... For goodness sake leave it with Sam,  he is superb...

The whole package is poor, expensive and not fit for purpose, except if you dont live in the area, or attend on match days. I used to subscribe to Latics world, and listen to all the away games, even on holidays. Failing that, I would log on to chat through here....but even that has gone now.

Yep....just spent half an hour on chat and am no nearer. Their answer was watch it on PC as they have problems with the app.  As I don’t have one that advice was much appreciated.

The service is absolute shite!!

Edited by oafc1955

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Yep....just spent half an hour on chat and am no nearer. There answer was watch it on PC as they have problems with the app.  As I don’t have one that advice was much appreciated.

The service is absolute shite!!

I’m same - that’s a shocking response though I’m not surprised 

It's a bloody awful service. Live stream didn't work t'other night, no connection until right on kick off today (Roy and Mike both had no idea as the console lights were on), they missed the first 10 minutes of second half (again Roy and Mike were unaware) and they cut Mike of in mid sentence at the end. Again. I've sent them a long list of all their failings, but I'm not holding my breath for a response.

On 1/28/2018 at 8:32 AM, BP1960 said:

The EFL need to be lobbied regarding ifollow not being fit for purpose.

Just like you and many others, I am so frustrated with iFollow. I've pasted below the conversation I have just had with them on their chat facility. Apologies for the length of the thing. I will email them as they suggest. There are no paragraph breaks in the chat; it doesn't allow it., so here it is.

Good afternoon. Last Saturday I placed a long message on here but, having waited and interminable length of time for a response, I gave up. As my email address is shown in the box above, would you normally reply, and when would I expect an answer? Thank you.

Me
hi
the last webchat we received from your email address was 7months ago
however please let me know if there is anything i can assist with?
Rasal
That's interesting. My message must be floating in outer space. The best thing I can do is copy the message that I saved and paste it in here. Is that OK?
Me
ofcourse and i will be glad to assist
Rasal
OK. Here goes.
This is my message from last Saturday. Could you please give me some idea when iFollow is likely to be fit for purpose? The service is (mostly) appalling. Allow me to list why your service is poor. (1) Commentators are cut off in mid-sentence on a regular basis at the end of each half(2) The commentary has often started before you make a connection even though the commentator's console tells them they are live (3) On several occasions, the connection has not been made until after kick-off although, again, the commentators believe they are live (4) Even the live text gave up in a recent game As an exile living 200 miles away from my home town club, I rely on the service for match day commentary, but it has been increasingly frustrating as the season has progressed. Today was a perfect example; all we had was the most aggravating background music until right on kick off, although the commentators believed they were on air. It took until 10 minutes into the second half before a connection was made. These are not isolated incidents; they have been rife throughout the season. I would have hoped that with only a third of the season to go, you may have got it right by now. Last Tuesday, live feed for the Checkatrade Trophy game didn't work until about 10 minutes from the end of the game. When each club had their own "Player", there were very few problems. Since iFollow took over, it has turned into a lottery as to whether it will work or not. Many subscribers are already saying they will refuse to renew as they will not spend their hard earned cash on such a poor product. I don't blame them and I have to admit that I am sorely tempted not to bother when my subscription expires in March, except that I will lose my match day contact with the club I have supported for over 60 years. No excuses, please, just provide a product that is fit for purpose. Not only will the supporters be placated, but the match day commentators will not be so infuriated as they are now. Thank you.

There was a very long break here with nothing happening

Hello. Are you still there?
Me
yes i am still here waiting for you to tell me the issue so that i may help resolve it
Rasal
It's all there, above. Please don't tell me you can't see it.
Me
nothing has been sent
Rasal
It's pasted into chat. Is there any other way I can send it, please?
Me
yes there is you can email into iFollow@efl.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible
Rasal
Thank you. I will do that.
Me
my pleasure
Rasal
Thank you for contacting us.
Chat session disconnected.
er plea

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

Just like you and many others, I am so frustrated with iFollow. I've pasted below the conversation I have just had with them on their chat facility. Apologies for the length of the thing. I will email them as they suggest. There are no paragraph breaks in the chat; it doesn't allow it., so here it is.

Good afternoon. Last Saturday I placed a long message on here but, having waited and interminable length of time for a response, I gave up. As my email address is shown in the box above, would you normally reply, and when would I expect an answer? Thank you.

Me
hi
Rasal
That's interesting. My message must be floating in outer space. The best thing I can do is copy the message that I saved and paste it in here. Is that OK?
Me
Rasal
OK. Here goes.
This is my message from last Saturday. Could you please give me some idea when iFollow is likely to be fit for purpose? The service is (mostly) appalling. Allow me to list why your service is poor. (1) Commentators are cut off in mid-sentence on a regular basis at the end of each half(2) The commentary has often started before you make a connection even though the commentator's console tells them they are live (3) On several occasions, the connection has not been made until after kick-off although, again, the commentators believe they are live (4) Even the live text gave up in a recent game As an exile living 200 miles away from my home town club, I rely on the service for match day commentary, but it has been increasingly frustrating as the season has progressed. Today was a perfect example; all we had was the most aggravating background music until right on kick off, although the commentators believed they were on air. It took until 10 minutes into the second half before a connection was made. These are not isolated incidents; they have been rife throughout the season. I would have hoped that with only a third of the season to go, you may have got it right by now. Last Tuesday, live feed for the Checkatrade Trophy game didn't work until about 10 minutes from the end of the game. When each club had their own "Player", there were very few problems. Since iFollow took over, it has turned into a lottery as to whether it will work or not. Many subscribers are already saying they will refuse to renew as they will not spend their hard earned cash on such a poor product. I don't blame them and I have to admit that I am sorely tempted not to bother when my subscription expires in March, except that I will lose my match day contact with the club I have supported for over 60 years. No excuses, please, just provide a product that is fit for purpose. Not only will the supporters be placated, but the match day commentators will not be so infuriated as they are now. Thank you.

Me
yes i am still here waiting for you to tell me the issue so that i may help resolve it
Rasal
Me
nothing has been sent
Rasal
Me
yes there is you can email into iFollow@efl.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible
Rasal
Me
my pleasure
Rasal
er plea

That is so bad it’s actually comical 

Email sent. I await their reply with baited breath (which has nowt to do with last night's curry!) although I instantly received this (there was more but it related to FAQs):

Thank you for your message. Our team will reply to you very shortly and we'll update you by email.

We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to live match video or audio that you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website.

Thank you!

iFollow Support

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Me
hi
Rasal
Me
Rasal
OK. Here goes.

Me
Rasal
Me
nothing has been sent
Rasal
Me
Rasal
Me
my pleasure
Rasal
er plea

You got a lot more than when I tried to contact them! They really could not care, and I am sure their customer service  is outsourced.
Unfortunately I  renewed in October, so am stuck with it. Tempted to cancel, but it seems a final wrench.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 5:10 PM, Bristolatic said:

Email sent. I await their reply with baited breath (which has nowt to do with last night's curry!) although I instantly received this (there was more but it related to FAQs):

Thank you for your message. Our team will reply to you very shortly and we'll update you by email.

We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to live match video or audio that you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website.

Thank you!

iFollow Support

Well, I did get a reply and this is it:

Hello Pete,

Thanks for contacting iFollow support, I will try to answer your queries below

iFollow has an agreement to use BBC local commentary for our match day audio streams, an agreement that allows us exclusive access to commentary for the duration of the match.

In regards to commentary cutting out at half time we can sometimes allow the commentary  to continue beyond half time if the commentators are still speaking about the match in question, however once this changes to commercials or to updates the stream is cut as per our agreement.

In regards to commentary beginning after a match has begun, we apologize for the instances in where this may have occurred. We are constantly working on improving the service in order to reduce the instances where this occurs so we can offer you the best possible product.

Regards

iFollow Support

I've sent this back to them today:

Hello Oliver

Thanks for your reply.

Although you state that iFollow has an agreement to use BBC local commentaries, this does not apply to all clubs. Many, like Oldham Athletic, use their own dedicated commentators. You say that you can sometimes allow the commentators to continue speaking at half time (and, presumably, at full time as well) if they are still speaking about the match. 

Unfortunately, and all too frequently, they are still cut off in mid sentence when rounding off the half time or full time presentation. This was the case yet again last Saturday when the Oldham Athletic commentators had not completed their full time ending to the game. I also would be grateful if you could further explain, and I quote, "once this changes to commercials or updates".

Certainly as far as Oldham Athletic are concerned, no commercials are ever broadcast, but what, exactly, constitutes an "update"? I find that somewhat baffling.

I would also be grateful if you could re-visit my original email as I do not believe that you have addressed all the points raised within the chat that I had copied in. I can only repeat that many Oldham Athletic supporters are extremely dissatisfied with the iFollow service and a number have already refused to renew when their membership expires. It would be interesting to know what iFollow intend with regards persuading those fans to continue with the service.

One final point, if I may. When the service switched from Player to iFollow, those subscribing monthly would continue with their Direct Debit in the normal fashion, but those who subscribe annually (and I am one) would have to start all over again as their subscription would not roll over. What a bizarre situation this is, and further serves to alienate a section of supporters; another reason why some will let their subscription lapse and not renew. 

I want my subscription to continue when it expires next month (despite an approximate £10 increase), but will I be notified when my subscription is due for renewal, or will I find that, one day, I no longer have access? I cannot find anything relating to this whatsoever and would appreciate some feedback.

I look forward to your reply.

Let's see what happens, if anything.

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of boring the arse off everyone, here's the latest response from iFollow, with my observations inserted in red.

Hello Pete

In reference to updates we know that with BBC commentary they will provide updates on other matches that may be going on at the same time during half time, this can be a reason that commentary may stop at half time.

Oldham Athletic are one of the clubs that provide their own commentary (I told them that!) and in this case they should play through half time unless the commentator takes a break (how long is deemed a break? 10 seconds?, 20 seconds?, 30 seconds?, 1 minute?). What I can do is inform our game managers of your feedback to ensure that Oldham Athletic commentaries are not being cut at half time where they shouldn't be (it's taken 33 games for them to make this decision).

We can occasionally experience issues like the live text and commentary issues you noted in your previous chat. As we are a new service in our first season we are working to makes the service as smooth and user friendly as quick as we can (I repeat, more than 30 games. That's as quick as they can?). As the season goes on we can see that these types of issues are becoming more and more isolated and should cease to exist in the near future (SHOULD? Not 100% reassuring, is it?). We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that these issues may have previously caused you.

As your subscription was transferred over from the previous PlayerHD system we would  not be able to automatically renew it as your direct debit would have been set up with them. I can see your subscription will expire on the 9th of March. After this date you will need to re sign up to the iFollow service to continue with commentary, after which your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled. (So if those paying monthly by Direct Debit just carry on, but those paying annually by Direct Debit can't automatically renew, can someone in the banking industry please explain the difference between a monthly and annual Direct Debit?)

I hope I have been able to answer all of your questions.

Regards,

Oliver
iFollow support.

11 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

At the risk of boring the arse off everyone, here's the latest response from iFollow, with my observations inserted in red.

Hello Pete

In reference to updates we know that with BBC commentary they will provide updates on other matches that may be going on at the same time during half time, this can be a reason that commentary may stop at half time.

Oldham Athletic are one of the clubs that provide their own commentary (I told them that!) and in this case they should play through half time unless the commentator takes a break (how long is deemed a break? 10 seconds?, 20 seconds?, 30 seconds?, 1 minute?). What I can do is inform our game managers of your feedback to ensure that Oldham Athletic commentaries are not being cut at half time where they shouldn't be (it's taken 33 games for them to make this decision).

We can occasionally experience issues like the live text and commentary issues you noted in your previous chat. As we are a new service in our first season we are working to makes the service as smooth and user friendly as quick as we can (I repeat, more than 30 games. That's as quick as they can?). As the season goes on we can see that these types of issues are becoming more and more isolated and should cease to exist in the near future (SHOULD? Not 100% reassuring, is it?). We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that these issues may have previously caused you.

As your subscription was transferred over from the previous PlayerHD system we would  not be able to automatically renew it as your direct debit would have been set up with them. I can see your subscription will expire on the 9th of March. After this date you will need to re sign up to the iFollow service to continue with commentary, after which your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled. (So if those paying monthly by Direct Debit just carry on, but those paying annually by Direct Debit can't automatically renew, can someone in the banking industry please explain the difference between a monthly and annual Direct Debit?)

I hope I have been able to answer all of your questions.

Regards,

Oliver
iFollow support.

Have you got the email  address  you used Pete,? If I  experience any more problems I am happy to chip in, and particularly express my frustration how they have repeatedly ignored my complaints.

Cheers

PS That response it typical of them isn't it. The FL seem to be escaping some of the flack.

Edited by singe

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Have you got the email  address  you used Pete,? If I  experience any more problems I am happy to chip in, and particularly express my frustration how they have repeatedly ignored my complaints.

Cheers

PS That response it typical of them isn't it. The FL seem to be escaping some of the flack.

The email address is ifollow@efl.com

Go for it, singe. The more complaints they get, the more we would hope they resolve the problems. I still can't get my head around the fact that they can automatically transfer a monthly Direct Debit, but not an annual one.

Edited by Bristolatic