• 2 weeks later...

Trying to sign in to Ifollow to view  the latest videos and all I get is a blank page,  my subscription hasn't run out and my email and password hasn't changed, anyone had the same problem?

* Resolved, switched the search engine from Google Chrome to Opera and I'm logged in now.

Edited by BP1960

On 05/03/2018 at 8:36 PM, Bristolatic said:

And here we go again. Oliver has obviously given up, so I've got Joseph dealing with it. And it confirms what al_bro says above. This is his email to me.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that your season pass subscription will end on 9/3/2018.

At this time we only offer the monthly subscriptions as you know as we are 2/3's way through the season.

The monthly payments from our customer are charged as a recurring payment rather than a direct debit for £4.49 on the date you take out the subscription.

The reason the season pass direct debits were not carried over due the direct debit being with the previous service provider. 

A direct debit mandate is assigned with  one company and cannot be transferred over to another company.

So in this instance customer had their subscriptions carried over but not the direct direct debits thus why we have told customers to re subscribe again after their subscription expire.

In terms of the monthly package or the season package, in the UK both are audio subscriptions and give the same access to the VOD content and full match replays.

If you have any additional queries please contact us again.

Kind regards

Joseph,iFollow support

My reply regarding the Direct Debit lark

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply. I, along with many others, share your hopes that the problems with iFollow are now a thing of the past. At over 30 games into the season, I think that is the least we can expect.

I would, however, reiterate that the situation with monthly and annual renewals does not make any sense. This quote is an extract directly from the original email I received from iFollow: 
For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit: 
The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. 
For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit: 
- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription. 

Can someone please explain how a monthly Direct Debit differs from an annual Direct Debit? It's another surefire way of alienating a section of fans.

I'll have another go at them later about the annual subscription not being available because the season is only part way through. I'm like a dog with a bone now. Next stop EFL.

Writing an email to the EFL is like forfeiting 20-30 mins of your life Pete. They are as bad if not worse than Oliver's i-Follow army. 

Dont hold your breath waiting for a reply if you do go down that Path.

42 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Writing an email to the EFL is like forfeiting 20-30 mins of your life Pete. They are as bad if not worse than Oliver's i-Follow army. 

Dont hold your breath waiting for a reply if you do go down that Path.

I did reply on 3rd March as follows:   As yet, no response. I've lost the will to carry on, so this dog has left his bone by the wayside. (Cue innuendo and further euphamisims)

Hello Joseph

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate all that you have said, but would make this one query. This is an extract directly from the very first email that I received regarding the change from Player HD to iFollow. I've highlighted the important bits.

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit: 
The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. 
For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:
No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription. 

That email clearly states "Direct Debit" in both monthly and annual cases, not "Recurring Payment". I think it is high time that iFollow/EFL admitted supplying confusing and incorrect information at the outset. In the meantime, I know of some more supporters of Oldham Athletic who have decided not to renew their subscription to iFollow because of poor service during match commentaries. Let us hope that today's game at Scunthorpe goes without a hitch

Kindest regards 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a trick to watching a game when you’re actually overseas? Currently in New Zealand and thought I’d watch on the app on 4g but saying can’t watch from this location due to rights restrictions.

• 1 month later...

Just got my auto renewal notification. 

For the first time since Latics World started I'm giving serious consideration not renewing. 

Mainly in protest, and I an always join back, but a number of concerns about the club too. 

4 hours ago, singe said:

For the first time since Latics World started I'm giving serious consideration not renewing. 

Mainly in protest, and I an always join back, but a number of concerns about the club too. 

Number of concerns about the club now but corney runs us into the worse debt the club has seen for years an that was ok?  Surprised some have an opinion AL is to blame, yes he spent more on wages but what actual debt is he incurring? What corney has done to this club will be felt for the next few years. 

4 hours ago, singe said:

Cancelled mine recently as nothing much happens in the close season at Latics ?.

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Number of concerns about the club now but corney runs us into the worse debt the club has seen for years an that was ok?  Surprised some have an opinion AL is to blame, yes he spent more on wages but what actual debt is he incurring? What corney has done to this club will be felt for the next few years. 

We don't know. From any source. That's my issue. And maybe part of the reason I am holding back.

Like I said. Mainly in protest at iFolllow.