Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks for all the help on this. If it is a monthly subscription a la Latics Player, which incidentally will never be the same, it will be excellent.

For those planning on using a VPN, be careful. Apparently,  Netflix hire uni students to identify vpn access to create access blockers and trackers. Netflix then record the masked IP and pass on to the telcos. 

I assume it is then passed on to the authorities.

Always amazes me when companies go to such lengths to "protect" their content when authorities no longer seem to bat an eyelid to sites like pornhub.

Not that i would ever know this to be true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be surprised if anything reached the telcos or authorities. AFAIK Netflix just block your connection. VPNs aren't illegal (well, not in this country).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the quality of the VPN you use. I have a paid one that works well enough for Sky Go on my iPad so even Apple products which are notoriously difficult to circumvent rules have the capabilities of accessing premium services cross borders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rosa said:

Anyone else unable to play the interviews?

Wasn't working on my phone. Was on my laptop. I know they were apparently stopping it working via mobile ad they have an app coming out. Just thought they'd wait till it was released first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue_Guru said:

Would you recommend your paid vpn BAH? Simple to use and set up? 

Yes I would recommend. As long as you have a basic idea of what you are using it for and why, you should be able to use it.*

 

OpenVPN Connect by OpenVPN Technologies
https://appsto.re/gb/nVhmJ.i

 

Free ones are fine but you need the bandwidth to stream video which you don't tend to get with them.

 

*to caveat, I haven't tried it with ifollow so the risk is yours. 

Edited by blueatheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I joined up to ifollow

it was not an easy thing to do. I used the same log in details as my HD player but no where did it tell you if the old HD player subscription would be cancelled. I notice that they are no longer deducting the £5 per month so am i safe in assuming it has been cancelled permanently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who will be doing the tv commentry of the latics games or will it just be the basic video with the radio type commentry that Gordon used to do that people in the UK will still get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and last question

the ifollow site says that there is an Android app to help view or listen to the games but i cant find it

 

can anyone help?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Well I joined up to ifollow

it was not an easy thing to do. I used the same log in details as my HD player but no where did it tell you if the old HD player subscription would be cancelled. I notice that they are no longer deducting the £5 per month so am i safe in assuming it has been cancelled permanently?

I received an email saying that it was cancelled and that I'd have to start again from scratch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

and last question

the ifollow site says that there is an Android app to help view or listen to the games but i cant find it

 

can anyone help?

 

Don't think it's been released yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, rosa said:

Anyone else unable to play the interviews?

I have been unable to access my subscription since they took over. I actually renewed , when prompted by them, even though it didn't run out till the middle of August. After a lot of "suggestions" to get the service, I cancelled the new subscription....which they had to refund! I then sent an email that technically they owed me 3 months refund on my existing subscription. Not heard a dickie bird!!! Really annoyed as I have now lost a service that I have had for many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-22 at 3:20 PM, rosa said:

Anyone else unable to play the interviews?

Yes me....just getting a red circle going round and round on my Android Moby...but works on laptop...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to work if you tap the play button twice. Clearly not fully adapted for mobiles though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I got in April, which I'd forgotten about and not received anythnig else. I'm on Annual.

 

Dear ,

EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Oldham Athletic. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow. As a user that pays for this service by Direct Debit the following changes will take place:

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

- No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
- At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
- Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement.

Please also note that your customer reference will remain the same. Should you wish to query any Direct Debit with us or your Bank/Building Society please quote our name and that reference. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, which may also notify you, independently. Additionally you may also see a comment on your Bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.

You will continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below. If you have any questions about this change please call email our customer services team iFollow@efl.com

For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
- You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
- At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now.
- If you have any questions regarding your contract, you can email iFollow@efl.com

- The terms and conditions for your subscription to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you login to iFollow after launch

Many thanks

EFL Digital
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, singe said:

This is what I got in April, which I'd forgotten about and not received anythnig else. I'm on Annual.

 

Dear ,

EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Oldham Athletic. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow. As a user that pays for this service by Direct Debit the following changes will take place:

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

- No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
- At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
- Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement.

Please also note that your customer reference will remain the same. Should you wish to query any Direct Debit with us or your Bank/Building Society please quote our name and that reference. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, which may also notify you, independently. Additionally you may also see a comment on your Bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.

You will continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below. If you have any questions about this change please call email our customer services team iFollow@efl.com

For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
- You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
- At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now.
- If you have any questions regarding your contract, you can email iFollow@efl.com

- The terms and conditions for your subscription to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you login to iFollow after launch

Many thanks

EFL Digital
 

Hmph. That'll teach me to read through my spam folder before emptying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, singe said:

This is what I got in April, which I'd forgotten about and not received anythnig else. I'm on Annual.

 

Dear ,

EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Oldham Athletic. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow. As a user that pays for this service by Direct Debit the following changes will take place:

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

- No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
- At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
- Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement.

Please also note that your customer reference will remain the same. Should you wish to query any Direct Debit with us or your Bank/Building Society please quote our name and that reference. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, which may also notify you, independently. Additionally you may also see a comment on your Bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.

You will continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below. If you have any questions about this change please call email our customer services team iFollow@efl.com

For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
- You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
- At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now.
- If you have any questions regarding your contract, you can email iFollow@efl.com

- The terms and conditions for your subscription to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you login to iFollow after launch

Many thanks

EFL Digital
 

 

I didnt get it, but it is handy to know. I am on monthly. Thanks for posting Singe, i will let all know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am tempted by the iFollow £110 sub and a VPN if it works - concern is that whilst a VPN will allow me to watch iFollow by fooling it into thinking I am not in the UK, its the process of setting it up in the first place I am unsure of.  I will need to provide payment details and a billing address - as I don't have an international bank account I cannot see how I would get this to work?

 

When people in Spain have Sky subscriptions, they are normally linked to a UK address and bank account I think.

 

 

If someone gets this to work I am having it.  I am a ST holder, and will still go to my normal amount of away games - but if I get 10-15 games a season on this I wouldn't normally see I'd be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine they are all over this VPN stuff and would not be surprised if the first month or so saw tens of thousands people paying them a subscription because the VPN seemed at first to negate the the systems they have in place. Suddenly they 'discover' a way to block them after they bank the money - a lot of money - then shut them all down and keep the cash.

 

It's actually a great business model, people can't sue them or claim back their money and they don't have to provide the bandwidth to service them.  Kerching!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Latics Player on a yearly subscription until August 10th, even though I cant access the service anymore as it won't let me log in.

Will this period of unaccesibilty automatically be refunded to me, and how much will the new service subsctition cost if I were to join after my current one expires?

 

 

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all, I'm dreading having to sort out getting commentary sorted once the new season kicks off... 

 

All I know is what I previously/am now subscribed to probably won't work, plus there doesn't seem to be an app. 

 

Boo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you check your bank account BP? My annual subscription balance was refunded over a month ago, but as mine only ran until August, the amount refunded was small.

 

I am so excited I get to actually watch the matches now with ifollow, just hope the quality is good enough. I also wish Gordon was still with us, I am really going to miss his commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...