Absolute rubbish service today . Picture kept freezing and it would not function after half time. Eventually rebooted and got it going but bloody annoying when Surridge shot you could see the ball going towards the net and the picture went off again. This service must be the worst in the world ? 

52 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Absolute rubbish service today . Picture kept freezing and it would not function after half time. Eventually rebooted and got it going but bloody annoying when Surridge shot you could see the ball going towards the net and the picture went off again. This service must be the worst in the world ? 

Have you checked your internet speed? 

speedtest.net

6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Have you checked your internet speed? 

speedtest.net

Yes I have the app thanks. It’s not the speed. Every week there is something wrong. Last week the sound was really bad but pictures where better. I am not the only one who is complaining. 

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Yes I have the app thanks. It’s not the speed. Every week there is something wrong. Last week the sound was really bad but pictures where better. I am not the only one who is complaining. 

Have you tried it on different devices..or perhaps they are vacuuming next door?

While ifollow can be annoying at times, I found the Grimsby broadcast one of the better ones this year.

No interruptions the full 90+ and the sync with the audio was good.

I run it through Chrome on a Mac desktop.

Maybe it is location/device/service provider/app problem.

I hope this helps

On 9/16/2018 at 3:24 AM, Ex_pat said:

While ifollow can be annoying at times, I found the Grimsby broadcast one of the better ones this year.

No interruptions the full 90+ and the sync with the audio was good.

I run it through Chrome on a Mac desktop.

Maybe it is location/device/service provider/app problem.

I hope this helps

My theory is the first in gets a decent reception, and it goes progressively worse as everyone logs on...!

I'd be interested to know how much the club gets for every new subscriber and every time someone pays to watch a mid-week (or international week) game online. 

If its nothing, or very little, then the cynic in me suggests the club does a streaming of those games when we are away and charges entry. If that becomes the consensus amongst the league then it would force iFollow and the EFL to rethink their strategy and/or improve their service. 

The club also should look to limit the content they put on iFollow as if the content is on YouTube then the club should at least get some ad revenue. Not this season as that would be unfair for those who've paid but maybe something to consider for future. 

I know iFollow is not mandatory and whilst most of the clubs that don't use it are Championship, so can afford the man-power for decent content, Accrington don't use it either. 

5 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I'd be interested to know how much the club gets for every new subscriber and every time someone pays to watch a mid-week (or international week) game online. 

If its nothing, or very little, then the cynic in me suggests the club does a streaming of those games when we are away and charges entry. If that becomes the consensus amongst the league then it would force iFollow and the EFL to rethink their strategy and/or improve their service. 

The club also should look to limit the content they put on iFollow as if the content is on YouTube then the club should at least get some ad revenue. Not this season as that would be unfair for those who've paid but maybe something to consider for future. 

I know iFollow is not mandatory and whilst most of the clubs that don't use it are Championship, so can afford the man-power for decent content, Accrington don't use it either. 

It's interesting watching the Accrington Chairmain on twitter about it
I'd imagine the tactic would be to get everyone paying for it, bypass Sky, and then all the more profit (in theory for the FL.

Costs of transmitting to the internet would be relatively small, even get someone to bid for the contract transmission. Amazon might want the number of subscribers for example.

If you get all not attendees paying for a "season ticket", money up from at, say, the equivalent of £12.50 they would potentially make more profit than in the stadium atendees.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Morning Chaps

Would anyone be able to tell me which VPN they are using nowadays? I have been told Tunnelbear is working currently does anyone know if that's the case?

I used to use IPVanish but I remember back end of last season it stopped working.

Cheers!

I use Windscribe myself. Been okay so far.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

I can't even sign in, nothing has changed and I have never had an issue until today.

Locked me out and I've been waiting for an email to reset my password since 14.45, frustrating to put it politely !!!!

Sorry to hear about that - I signed in at 2:55 (commentary only) and it's been solid so far.

I'm recording so look in the Swindon  thread after the game and  you wont miss commentary on our early goals.

Never had an issue before but its just one of those things I suppose.

Cheers pal,  Your confident than LoL

2 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Sorry to hear about that - I signed in at 2:55 (commentary only) and it's been solid so far.

I'm recording so look in the Swindon  thread after the game and  you wont miss commentary on our early goals.

I spent Saturday night watching on my phone in a hotel room in Brisbane CBD after an evening spent on a rooftop bar celebrating two 50ths. The picture quality was excellent and it never dropped out once. 

However, i fell asleep several times so I cannot vouch for those times. At one point according to my wife, i was perched on the end of the bed, holding the phone up, snoring my head off defying the laws of physics and gravity. I only fell off the bed when she woke me. I do not remember any of it!

It was also the same night as riverfire which is a 20 minute firework display along the river signalling the end of the month long Brisbane festival. It was a truly remarkable experience to be crawling along the riverside expressway going into the city as the fireworks were going off all around us. 

Great night all round.