Just a quick question. As we are on BT1 on Monday/Tuesday, will it also be on iFollow?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if our games are selected for live televisual extravaganzas, then iFollow will not be screening them.

I also may not have a good memory.

Edited by L1onheartNew

iFollow aren't allowed to stream FA Cup games so it's BT Sport only, I'm afraid. (Unless anyone knows another screening process).

Recently, I saw a list of all the games that iFollow can and can't show. Trouble is, I can't remember if I saw it on the fishul, following the iFollow link or somewhere else. Old age, eh?

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

iFollow aren't allowed to stream FA Cup games so it's BT Sport only, I'm afraid. (Unless anyone knows another screening process).

Recently, I saw a list of all the games that iFollow can and can't show. Trouble is, I can't remember if I saw it on the fishul, following the iFollow link or somewhere else. Old age, eh?

Basically mid week EFL games.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

The Newport / Met Police game was the designated 'International broadcast' game. So I think there may be a way for our overseas fans to watch. The BBC are likely to give it more coverage than they would normally. 

It's' not on iFollow tonight, official says :-

Unfortunately, iFollow Latics regulars Sam Rosbottom and Roy Butterworth will not be on commentary for iFollow due to restrictions at Hampton & Richmond Borough.

You can follow live updates on the club’s official Twitter account: @OfficialOAFC.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/november/12112018-match-preview/

Edited by laticsrblue

38 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

It's' not on iFollow tonight, official says :-

Unfortunately, iFollow Latics regulars Sam Rosbottom and Roy Butterworth will not be on commentary for iFollow due to restrictions at Hampton & Richmond Borough.

You can follow live updates on the club’s official Twitter account: @OfficialOAFC.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/november/12112018-match-preview/

So no commentary either? 

8 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

So no commentary either? 

As far as I know, there are no facilities for them to hook up to, so no commentary. 

I suppose there could be the live text facility on iFollow, but I wouldn't hold my breath, knowing that lot.

Edited by Bristolatic

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a fight with Carlos the prick.

No commentary or video for the entire first half.

Have you turned off adblocks?

Yes. I have tried it on four different devices following your advice and after forty minutes, that is your question? 

No response for 5 minutes.

Until...

To turn off adblocks, do the following...

thank god for that i had the same problem , never had an issue using internet explorer before  but told to turn off adblocks etc 

I posted on here yesterday that I couldnt get any pictures on ifollow video  i.e Frankies pre match conference etc but no-one replied so thought it was me . 

In fairness, i was a bit of a prick to him as well as I questioned his grasp on the english language on more than one occasion. 

"Is there no problem with the match" meant there is no problem with the match. Ironically, when he said that for the first time after 70 minutes of Brenglish, the feed came on instantaneously.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if this helps, but I've just had this conversation with iFollow. Read down and you'll see that he wants me to disable Adblock AND Kaspersky. I can't view a single interview or highlight. The last commentary I tried was the Rochdale game and could only get it on my phone or tablet. Anyway, here's the chat I've had this evening. Great innit?

Why can I no longer see any match highlights, interviews or listen to any commentaries on iFollow when I can access the likes of You Tube, BBC News etc without any problem? There has not been a problem in the past and my subscriptions are up to date.
Me
Hello, my name is Thahid.
How may I help you?
Thahid
Can you see my message above?
Me
Which browser and device are you using?
Thahid
I'm using a Dell laptop and I have the choice of Chrome or Edge.
Me
On your chrome browser will you be able to tell me what add-ons you have in your extensions please
this can be found by doing the following
Click the Chrome Menu icon from the browser toolbar.
Highlight the Tools menu, then click Extensions from the sub-menu.
Thahid
OK. Done that.
Me
What extensions do you have on the list
Thahid
Quite a few. Hang on, please.
Me
Ok
Thahid
AdBlock, Bitly, PrintFriendly and PDF, Kaspersky Protection, Amazon Wish list and asy Fundraising
That should be Easy Fundraising
Me
Can you please disable Adblock and Kaspersky Protection from your extensions as these may be restricting you from using our services.
Thahid
They never have before and I certainly don't want to disable Kaspersky.
Me
You can disable it for Oldham Athletic site only
there should be an option
If you do not disable these extensions you will be restricted from using our services.
Thahid
OK, so why has this suddenly happened after all this time? There has not been a problem since iFollow took over from Player.
Me
There has been an update to the website. If you do not disable Adblock and Kaspersky you will be unable to access certain content
Thahid
That's crazy. When was the update? Incidentally, the service is still fine on my phone and tablet.
Certain content? I can't access ANY content.
Me
If you do not wish to disable the extensions I have listen then I would advise contacting ifollow@efl.comwith the issues you are facing
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Thahid
No, that's it thanks.
Me
Have a great rest of your evening!
Thahid
Thanks
Me

That’s a bloody typical ifollow advisor in conversation. There are so many ifs and buts....I’m convinced they make this shit up as they go along.

I’m back in Spain for Xmas & New Year and I guarantee I will have problems on iOS doing the same as I always do when I try to stream a game. 

The last time I had a problem they told me to reinstall the app (standard answer) and to turn off my vpn (which I’ve never used) the cheeky bastards!

They don’t seem to have any problems collecting money no matter which country you are in or which bank you use. The streaming problems usually arise frustratingly just before a game is due to start and you spend the next 30 minutes on the chat line listening to standard questions and answers.

In my opinion it’s a pile of shite!!

And today, they cut the commentary as Mike was part way through the half time scores and didn't return until after Latics had gone 2-1 up. Mike/Roy had to reboot but had never been informed by iFollow that they weren't on air. iFollow are supposed to be able to monitor when commentaries have started and finished. 

As for the problem I've had that I mentioned above, I did not have to turn off my antivirus or Adblocker. In Kaspersky settings, I found I needed to turn off Private Browsing and Banners. Hey presto, videos and commentary, but what a ball ache. 

Yes, I have let them know, but I doubt it will do any good. Bunch of charlatans.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2018 at 6:40 AM, Bristolatic said:

And today, they cut the commentary as Mike was part way through the half time scores and didn't return until after Latics had gone 2-1 up. Mike/Roy had to reboot but had never been informed by iFollow that they weren't on air. iFollow are supposed to be able to monitor when commentaries have started and finished. 

As for the problem I've had that I mentioned above, I did not have to turn off my antivirus or Adblocker. In Kaspersky settings, I found I needed to turn off Private Browsing and Banners. Hey presto, videos and commentary, but what a ball ache. 

Yes, I have let them know, but I doubt it will do any good. Bunch of charlatans.

Melting Pot innit?