Using a swedish vpn im being offerd the 110 package to watch the games. Anyone else bought this package??

Billing address will be uk.... not sure if i should go through with it just yet!  

Edited by deckyd

On 22/06/2017 at 1:44 AM, Blue_Guru said:

So we need someone outside of the UK willing to illegally livestream every game in order to get Visibility via kodi?? Haha no chance of that then.

what is this VPN solution if i were to get the IFollow full package myself whilst being based in the Uk? 

Don't think you even have the option to order the full package if you're within the UK. I'm in Spain quite a lot and ifollow have told me to make sure I order the subscription when I'm over there. They also said it can only be streamed on one device at any one time. When I'm back in the UK my package will only give me access to club news and live commentary etc. etc.

I think for clubs to have gone with this there must be some foolproof restrictions in place otherwise income from live coverage will be eroded away by an obvious drop in both home and away attendance. 

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Don't think you even have the option to order the full package if you're within the UK. I'm in Spain quite a lot and ifollow have told me to make sure I order the subscription when I'm over there. They also said it can only be streamed on one device at any one time. When I'm back in the UK my package will only give me access to club news and live commentary etc. etc.

I think for clubs to have gone with this there must be some foolproof restrictions in place otherwise income from live coverage will be eroded away by an obvious drop in both home and away attendance. 

VPN services can give the impression you are out of the UK when accessing online. 

7 hours ago, deckyd said:

Using a swedish vpn im being offerd the 110 package to watch the games. Anyone else bought this package??

Billing address will be uk.... not sure if i should go through with it just yet!  

I live in Denmark, but paid through Paypal which links to my UK bank account. No problems using over here.

I used to pay $12 per month for live commentary for all games. Now it is $9 per game to watch live which is not bad; but it is also $9 per game for just commentary which is a gazillion percent hike in price. Going to be costly listening on the way to work!

I am arguing with them! 

I have had LP since its inception and have had the same aus email address for 20 years, yet ifollow can find no record of it or, any LP subscription.

Still arguing with them.

I may have to forfeit my ST purchase which i am loathe to do.

Edited by L1onheartNew

1 hour ago, Blue_Guru said:

Can you let me know how you get on with using the VPN? 

Will do.  Paid a 5er for the vpn for a month to see how it streams.  Ran p2p streams very well last night.  Gonna pay for the ifollow subscription when home from work.  

Finally got a response from these idiots.

Apparently, the accounts for their target market subscribers for live streaming, predominately overseas subscribers, were not migrated from Latics HD player. 

There is no longer provision for monthly payments for overseas subscribers and i have now been offered a one off subscription of $185 for a season pass where up until today, my only subscription option was a matchday pass at $9 per game. 

Has anyone else overeas been given the monthly subscription for the season pass or is it all a one off payment?

I had more success with the android app.

Sound quality pretty good.

A tad annoyingly though, when your screen lock comes on, it shuts the sound down. I understand plenty would want that, but it would be nice to have the in app choice.

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I have had LP since its inception and have had the same aus email address for 20 years, yet ifollow can find no record of it or, any LP subscription.

Still arguing with them.

I may have to forfeit my ST purchase which i am loathe to do.

I've held off trying to sort this out until today. I tried to log in to Ifollow using Safari on my iphone when I was holiday to listen the Accy game but gave up after a few minutes. Was saying it didn't recognise my details.

Roll forward to today...downloaded the app on my iPhone, logged in no problem and the subscription says "Monthly Pass UK" with a last billed date and a next bill date. Clicked to listen Shez's interview today and played no problem. Seems the migration has been done for me but took a while. Not sure what I'll get for the monthly pass...if it's commentary and highlights like with Latics Player then I'm happy. As long as it works and doesn't habitually cut out.

I would add, the app does keep self-quitting every now and then but I am on the unreleased IOS 11 iphone software using a beta version I downloaded. That could be the reason why it is having some issues...or it just could be a little buggy anyway on all platforms. These Apps usually are for a bit until they iron them out with updates.

Edited by boundaryblue80

On 28/07/2017 at 8:57 PM, BP1960 said:

What happens if you renew before the current subscription runs out. Does it mean a new password?

If you renew before your old one runs out I suppose you end up paying twice for the overlap days.

I had to renew mine to listen to the Utd commentary - didn't have to  create a new acct, it just worked straight away after paying and logging in with my previous acct details.

6 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Finally got a response from these idiots.

Apparently, the accounts for their target market subscribers for live streaming, predominately overseas subscribers, were not migrated from Latics HD player. 

There is no longer provision for monthly payments for overseas subscribers and i have now been offered a one off subscription of $185 for a season pass where up until today, my only subscription option was a matchday pass at $9 per game. 

Has anyone else overeas been given the monthly subscription for the season pass or is it all a one off payment?

If you dont want to watch the games and only want commentary there's another option at £45

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If you dont want to watch the games and only want commentary there's another option at £45

Thats what i thought. Unfortunately, i am not presented wirh a commentary only option. Besides, i do want to watch the games.

I am currently negotiating a monthly subscription to the season pass as $185 is a bit of a hit given we are buiding a house and i am currently in the missus' good books! ?

I like to check out what the opposition manager has to say before and after the game, which I have been able to do with player HD. I tried to access Oxford's Ifollow, but was unable to access anything without subscribing, so I emailed Ifollow to tell them how inferior Ifollow is for an enormous rise in price percentage wise. This is the reply I received.

The iFollow product is only avalible on a club specific basis now, you won't be able to access other clubs players.
As far as we are aware there are no plans to change this in the future.

I have now tried to upgrade my subscription on two occasions with this abominatiin without any luck. Entered credit card details twice now ( with the blessing of my wife) and it keeps asking me to create an account even though i am logged in.

The online support is none existent. No reply after 3 hours. I also do not get any reply via email.

Pissing me off now

I signed up right away for the full $180 but it was such a pain and it felt so amateurish I too was unsure if my money had been taken and if they had cancelled the previous subscription. I suspect they are overwhelmed by the numbers and expect it to remain crap customer relations for most of the season.

Still not had a chance to try it out but will find out tonight how things are with video quality. I decided to just put the app on 1 device at first to prevent login issues.

Hope it goes well for you lion heart

7 minutes ago, deckyd said:

So far so good, was able to purchase the 5 quid option with a vpn. Had flights booked an all for the match today but shat happens and couldnt use them, hope this will go smoothly enough!!

How do you do that? Trying to do the same but only have the option for free pass or season pass?!