Ripley - Still a possibility?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

I can't believe nobody's used "My dad's bigger than your dad" yet.

Someone on I think jkl said that their grandad was bigger than mine. Depending on which one they meant it was either quite likely true or wildly implausible 

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Can we move on from ripely. He did well in a very defensive side. I know it was a poor side, but let's move on there are plenty of decent keepers available! People are talking like he was world class. He won't be coming back or going Peterborough. Boro don't just need one keeper!

I'll move on when I know it won't happen.  For now, I'll enjoy the hope.

The lad was magnificent last season.  Let's at least do him the honour of spelling his name correctly.

On 23 June 2017 at 0:48 PM, oafcprozac said:

Apparently Peterborough are in for him I've  just heard willing to pay all his wages and a loan fee.

bugger...

This don't suprise me one bit I was at a charity do a few months back Barry Fry was the main speaker.

When talking he was praising Ripley Saying he had spoke to Corney & said he wanted to play in the Championship & wouldn't be coming back.

Struck me and said to my mate wouldn't surprise me if Posh where to make a bid for him.

42 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Can we move on from ripely. He did well in a very defensive side. I know it was a poor side, but let's move on there are plenty of decent keepers available! People are talking like he was world class. He won't be coming back or going Peterborough. Boro don't just need one keeper!

What an unbelievable attitude....is there one single Latics fan wouldn't want to see 'Ripely' (I know) back next season....

If he did well in a defensive side, imagine what he could do if he didn't have as much to do......please come home Connor....

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Point us in the right direction of the decent keepers that are available then.

Some rather worrying tweets from the Peterborough chairman here while talking about their keeper situation.

I can accept Ripley being too good to come back here, but him playing for another League One club will be hard to stomach.

Edited by dec666

They will pay a bigger proportion of his salary than we will I imagine...or even pay a loan fee. If it goes down to a choice for Ripley as opposed to a commercial deal decided higher up, I would expect him to pick us if it was about being at a league 1 club this season. 

1 hour ago, Blue_Guru said:

They will pay a bigger proportion of his salary than we will I imagine...or even pay a loan fee. If it goes down to a choice for Ripley as opposed to a commercial deal decided higher up, I would expect him to pick us if it was about being at a league 1 club this season. 

Don't think the choice will be Connors to make.

1 hour ago, Blue_Guru said:

He is one player worth pushing the Boat out for....a consistent season and playoff campaign would hopefully put an extra 1000 or more on the home attendance average. 1200 x £20 = £24k per game.

I'm not saying we should pay all his wages but we know what he can do and the difference he could make to our season.

If we are serious about a playoff campaign  then another loan deal for Ripley should not be ruled out.

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He is one player worth pushing the Boat out for....a consistent season and playoff campaign would hopefully put an extra 1000 or more on the home attendance average. 1200 x £20 = £24k per game.

I'm not saying we should pay all his wages but we know what he can do and the difference he could make to our season.

If we are serious about a playoff campaign  then another loan deal for Ripley should not be ruled out.

This is probably the key bit...whilst Sheridan may be serious, I'm not sure those that hold the purse strings are as ambitious as willing to make a gamble on increasing attendances to pay for increased investment unfortunately. Not until they start to see better signs of opportunity unfortunately...I.e at Xmas we are in a strong position and they will look to invest some of the extra attendance income we will have had in the first half of the season.

Hasn't Daragh McAnthony got form for smokescreening saying "We are NOT going to do X" and then promptly doing X?

Maybe he is bargaining. Saying he won't pay £5k a week. Which may be true, but he'll pay £4,995 a week because it is CR.

Edited by singe

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Hasn't Daragh McAnthony got form for smokescreening saying "We are NOT going to do X" and then promptly doing X?

Maybe he is bargaining. Saying he won't pay £5k a week. Which may be true, but he'll pay £4,995 a week because it is CR.

He's certainly not a man I'd take at his word.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

He won't be talking about boro because they aren't a newly found Prem club. Must be talking about a Huddersfield Brighton or Newcastle player.

his reference to newly available options is a worry though and could be Ripley.