Seems to be lots of positivity about (!) so:

15/2 to finish rock bottom

11/8 to be relegated

4/7 to stay up

66/1 to win the play offs

33/1 to be promoted

100/1 to win the league

Where's your money?

If the bookies don't fancy us to have a better season then I think a handicap bet could be profitable. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If the bookies don't fancy us to have a better season then I think a handicap bet could be profitable. 

Between us and Shrewsbury as to who is least fancied, generally.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So what's the script on the best value way to do the handicap then if say I fancy us for top ten ? 

Does that even make sense ? It does in my head 

Can't see any handicap coupons anywhere.  Can see 25/1 for top North West club....(of 7)

Edited by Dave_Og

Wouldn't want to say anymore than stay up just yet. Let's face it anything can happen right now good or bad.

I agree with a few that handicap betting might be a good shout for us. Knowone outside the club is going to fancy us to finish any higher than 17th. With 4 good signings we could surprise a few people.

Think we will be top half this season, granted we need another two or three quality players to compete but I just get a feeling we are gonna do something this season, everything is ticking along nicely and an early win or two could see us go on a good run, for me we are a keeper, left back and a striker away from becoming competitive in this league and I hope the money can be found now as opposed to Christmas time to strengthen further.

5 hours ago, pukka said:

I'm predicting to finish 13th. Flirt with the play offs / top 10 and fade a bit at the end. Compared to the last few seasons - that I am seeing as a good one.

I am all for us asking automatic promotion for sex directly. Skip the flirting altogether.

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The end of season form last two seasons won't last all season. We weren't the only team that picked up form Shrewsbury, bury even Coventry. Desperation, concentration, determination kicks in. Plus you are playing against teams that are potentially mid table with nothing to play for. This team isn't drastically different from the one that started last season all be it more jelled. But a keeper down! The Chances of them being able to maintain that form all season are very low. That said I think we will be lower mid table.

Very optimistic, mate.

I rate our chances slightly higher, a top-half finish would be good progress - something which I think is attainable, with another 3/4 additions.