How optimistic exactly

3 minutes ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

Been wondering myself if Flynn will either be released/sold or have a clean slate perhaps starting on the left side of midfield, or maybe at the top of the diamond.

Remember thinking in Jan when Shez returned that he would be his type of player, but he just seemed to be completely out of the picture once we found our solid, hard to beat formula. If he can get a tune out of him, it's like a brand new signing.

Remember watching him in his first game v Wigan and thinking we had a player on our hands, looked intelligent & skillful enough to play that role cutting in from the left side, then just saw him completely regress, was never near enough to goal to do any damage and didn't ever seem to want the ball despite being the only 'creative' player in the side. Was massively disappointing given the hype around him signing, but I'd certainly get behind him if he's given another chance.

I don't know if he regressed. On his day, when he was in the mood, he was almost unplayable. Demanding the ball, neat passes, finding space.

On the rare occasions we played with attacking verve it was Flynn who orchastrated. Sadly that was not often enough. Whether that was down to teammates or his own waivering interest I don't know.

Anyway, I'd fancy him over the other two still. Gardner is unproven at this level and Banks is Banks - talented but too much about himself.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I don't know if he regressed. On his day, when he was in the mood, he was almost unplayable. Demanding the ball, neat passes, finding space.

On the rare occasions we played with attacking verve it was Flynn who orchastrated. Sadly that was not often enough. Whether that was down to teammates or his own waivering interest I don't know.

Anyway, I'd fancy him over the other two still. Gardner is unproven at this level and Banks is Banks - talented but too much about himself.

I seem to remember at Bury also he had spells where he was unplayable. Problem with a player like that is fans hate him cos he doesnt do much for 70 minutes. Managers patience also dont last if hes not done anything by that time. Finds himself as a luxury player perhaps. I liked him when he played, but against physical opposition t was often apparent he couldnt get into a game

3 minutes ago, youngen said:

I seem to remember at Bury also he had spells where he was unplayable. Problem with a player like that is fans hate him cos he doesnt do much for 70 minutes. Managers patience also dont last if hes not done anything by that time. Finds himself as a luxury player perhaps. I liked him when he played, but against physical opposition t was often apparent he couldnt get into a game

Well one noticeable thing for the new season we look to be far more formidable for a physical contest which if set up correctly should allow the likes of Flynn, Gardner and dare I pray Baxter into the game and allow then to get on the ball to create chances.

20 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

As it stands? 

Leeds/Liverpool keeper

wilson Gerrard clarke

dummigan fane green Gardner McLaughlin 

davies Holloway 

Swap Tope for Holloway and that's the team I would pick.

Not sure on the Keeper.

It's looking good, in my eyes anyway.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't think Gardner has been brought in as a squad filler, Flynn didn't really get a look in at the end of last season I can't see how much has changed.

I'm worried if Gardner has been brought in to start

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I will wait till I've seen him play a few, I suspect Shez, Wright and Wellens are a better judge of a midfielder than you or I so on that basis I'm happy to sit back and see what he has to offer, especially played more centrally than he's been used too.

28 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Why? How many times have you seen him turn out Chesterfield in recent years in the same role and formation as Shez will use him?

18 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Why? How many times have you seen him turn out Chesterfield in recent years in the same role and formation as Shez will use him?

All our signings are shite before we've even seen them , and other teams signings make us extremely envious before we've seen them also. It's a fucking joke how players get pre-judged around here. 

59 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

All our signings are shite before we've even seen them , and other teams signings make us extremely envious before we've seen them also. It's a fucking joke how players get pre-judged around here. 

Is it not possible to have an opinion on someone if you haven't seen them play in the flesh then?

Gardner written off already. This is despite the fact he's been brought in by a man who has definitely got an eye for talented midfielders. See that pile of shit Matty Palmer! Despite the fact he's tried signing him numerous times before. Must be shite he's from Chesterfield